kdbaker17

2+ Year Member
Aug 2, 2016
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Anyone applying to UK College of Pharmacy? I applied Early Decision and I'm an in state resident. Just wanted a discussion group for those who are all in the same position :)

Fully applied as of 8/25.
Stats:
Graduating with a B.A. in Biology in 2017
GPA: 3.34
sGPA: 3.04 (Hate they count repeated courses twice, otherwise would've been 3.64:( )
PCAT: 56
Extracurriculars: 3 leadership positions, member of 4 organizations, current president (and founder) of a club, working part-time during the school year and full-time during the summer, 50 hours of community service.
experience: 5 hours of shadowing in a pharmacy.

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2016
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
I applied early decision with UK on the same day as you!! I'll have a B.A. in Biology in 2017, I have a 4.0 GPA, and a 72 composite percentile on my PCAT. I've also had about 2 years of pharmacy tech experience, but not many extracurriculars. I hope we get invited for the interview!!! when do you think they'll send out the invites??

OP
K

kdbaker17

2+ Year Member
Aug 2, 2016
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
That's awesome! I'm hoping I get a similar score on the PCAT. Your stats are great. I actually have an interview for a pharm tech position this Saturday, so if I get the job I'm going to shoot UK an email informing them that I'm gaining more experience. I'm actually quite embarrassed that I only have 5 hours ):
I think they'll be sending them out around September 20th-25th. They send them two weeks prior to the interviewing dates.
Fingers crossed for the both of us!

OP
K

kdbaker17

2+ Year Member
Aug 2, 2016
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
I just got an e-mail invitation for an Early Decision interview! :)
Isn't it way to early for them to be sending out invitations? I'm surprised! Anyhow congrats! Interested to know your stats as well.

OP
K

kdbaker17

2+ Year Member
Aug 2, 2016
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
I took the PCAT today and scored a 56. Which is much better than Kaplan projections. Happy with it since it was my first time taking it. Hopefully I still get an interview.

Sep 7, 2016
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Isn't it way to early for them to be sending out invitations? I'm surprised! Anyhow congrats! Interested to know your stats as well.
My stats are as follows:
PCAT: 81%ile
GPA: 3.75
About a year of work experience in retail pharmacy.
Extracurriculars: 2 large leadership positions in my sorority and very involved with Student Government!

Sep 8, 2016
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
I just got an e-mail invitation for an Early Decision interview! :)
Congrats! I also got an invitation for an Early Decision interview! I'm an out of state resident, and I have a 3.77 GPA and a 76 composite on my PCAT. I also have about 2 years of experience in hospital and retail pharmacy.

Sep 7, 2016
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Congrats! I also got an invitation for an Early Decision interview! I'm an out of state resident, and I have a 3.77 GPA and a 76 composite on my PCAT. I also have about 2 years of experience in hospital and retail pharmacy.
I am out-of-state too!!

Aug 9, 2016
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Okay guys, I need help! I just retook my PCAT today and got a composite of 92!! Do I need to let UK know of this change to my application, or is it not viable since it's only a preliminary score? HELP!!!

OP
K

kdbaker17

2+ Year Member
Aug 2, 2016
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Okay guys, I need help! I just retook my PCAT today and got a composite of 92!! Do I need to let UK know of this change to my application, or is it not viable since it's only a preliminary score? HELP!!!
It's viable. Copy and send your scores to Sharon Gonzales. That's what she told me to do.

Sep 13, 2016
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Anyone applying to UK College of Pharmacy? I applied Early Decision and I'm an in state resident. Just wanted a discussion group for those who are all in the same position :)

Fully applied as of 8/25.
Stats:
Graduating with a B.A. in Biology in 2017
GPA: 3.34
sGPA: 3.04 (Hate they count repeated courses twice, otherwise would've been 3.64:( )
PCAT: 56
Extracurriculars: 3 leadership positions, member of 4 organizations, current president (and founder) of a club, working part-time during the school year and full-time during the summer, 50 hours of community service.
experience: 5 hours of shadowing in a pharmacy.
Hi
My pcat score is like yours
Do you think I still have to send my score to them
It's my first exam
My GAP is 3.95 ,9 hours shadowing ,and do speak other language
Iam not sure about my sitution what do you think
Can any one help!!!!

OP
K

kdbaker17

2+ Year Member
Aug 2, 2016
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
I got an email invitation for my interview this morning!
Yay, so excited for you! Congrats! They just received my PCAT score yesterday afternoon so I should know within the next week or so if I have an interview.

Hi
My pcat score is like yours
Do you think I still have to send my score to them
It's my first exam
My GAP is 3.95 ,9 hours shadowing ,and do speak other language
Iam not sure about my sitution what do you think
Can any one help!!!!
My GPA is under yours, but I think you have an average chance of getting in (higher chance than me at least). We'll see in this week. Definitely send your scores to them. It is absolutely necessary!!!! 50+ PCAT score for the first time taking it isn't bad at all, and UKCOP highly encourages taking it a second time. If you don't get invited for this round of interviews, definitely take it again!!

Reactions: Pharma 2017

Nyte

2+ Year Member
Sep 14, 2016
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
What do you think my chances are of receiving an email for an interview? I'm kinda bummed out that people are already getting invites since I thought it wouldn't be until next week.

Here are my stats attached.

I also have over 60 hours of shadowing a pharmacist.

Attachments

Aug 9, 2016
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
What do you think my chances are of receiving an email for an interview? I'm kinda bummed out that people are already getting invites since I thought it wouldn't be until next week.

Here are my stats attached.

I also have over 60 hours of shadowing a pharmacist.
Have you taken your PCAT?

OP
K

kdbaker17

2+ Year Member
Aug 2, 2016
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
The email said it lasts about 3 hours. I dont really know how to prepare for the interview
Yeah, I just read about. The interview part should only last one hour or slightly over, and we get a tour and introduction as well.
The information also said that the MMI's are hard to prepare for and I'm stressing out now lol

Jul 18, 2016
Yeah, I just read about. The interview part should only last one hour or slightly over, and we get a tour and introduction as well.
The information also said that the MMI's are hard to prepare for and I'm stressing out now lol
Don't worry. A high percentage of the students that receive interviews get accepted

Nyte

2+ Year Member
Sep 14, 2016
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
I've heard stories that if you get an interview, you'll more than likely get in. The interview is to see if we're socially functional, have common sense and can think and act ethically in an instant. If you get invited to the interview, U.K. is acknowledging that you have the knowledge and are capable of becoming a pharmacist.

Also T-Minus 5 days until interview day! Are you guys in state or out of state? From my knowledge, when you get accepted, you only have 2 weeks from the time you are accepted to pay the deposit to keep your spot at U.K. It'll be 500$ for in state and 1,000$ if you're out of state.

Sep 7, 2016
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Also keep in mind that a proportion of people who are interviewed choose to attend a different pharmacy school, which makes you more likely to get into UK if you interview at UK and it's your first choice. So when they say that about 250 are interviewed and the incoming class size is 140, you have to assume that a few of the people who were interviewed chose a different pharmacy school.

OP
K

kdbaker17

2+ Year Member
Aug 2, 2016
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Yeah, these ratios of accepted - attending and accepted- not attending are helping me stay optimistic!
I'm in state. I actually live 3 miles from the pharmacy school. What about you all?

Sep 7, 2016
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Out of state, Michigan resident. Good luck, everyone! Out of curiosity, has anyone heard of anyone who applied ED who did not get an interview?

Nyte

2+ Year Member
Sep 14, 2016
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
I just found out that there is only suppose to be about 15 of us there for the interview.

Sep 7, 2016
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
I just found out that there is only suppose to be about 15 of us there for the interview.
So I would assume that not everyone got an interview then so our chances of getting in after this interview are slightly higher than Regular Decision applicants?

OP
K

kdbaker17

2+ Year Member
Aug 2, 2016
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
15 per time slot? So, 45 on the 1st oct and 45 on the third oct or 15 per each day? Just for clarification.

OP
K

kdbaker17

2+ Year Member
Aug 2, 2016
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
There's 3 for the 1st of October. one at 9, one at noon, and one at 3pm.

Nyte

2+ Year Member
Sep 14, 2016
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
I think it is 15 people per time slot. So yeah, about 45 people the first day on October 1st. This came from my friend who had an interview last year but she was RD.

OP
K

kdbaker17

2+ Year Member
Aug 2, 2016
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
I think it is 15 people per time slot. So yeah, about 45 people the first day on October 1st. This came from my friend who had an interview last year but she was RD.
Alright. That makes more sense. Did your friend tell you about the types of questions they ask?

Nyte

2+ Year Member
Sep 14, 2016
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Between now and the 19th, we'll find out if we get accepted as early decision or rolled over as regular decision. The suspense is killing me even though I felt like I did awesome on the interview.

Reactions: wildcats1995
OP
K

kdbaker17

2+ Year Member
Aug 2, 2016
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
I really hate this wait. I was talking to one of my classmates who interviewed on Monday and he said that the faculty told him that they usually admit interviewees unless there were red flags, so hopefully we all get in :)

Also, for those who took the PCAT in September, writing scores are out! I did way better on that than expected.

Jul 21, 2016
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Hi, I interviewed on Monday as well :) do any of you all know how long it should take for them to let us know if we got in? I know they said by October 19th, but I wasn't sure if we could find out sooner.

OP
K

kdbaker17

2+ Year Member
Aug 2, 2016
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
They told all of my group it could be sooner. It just depends on who they start evaluating first. Also, that means if you hear other people getting acceptances to not be discouraged until the 19th passes, and even then you're just placed into rolling admission.

Nyte

2+ Year Member
Sep 14, 2016
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Possible that it won't be until Wednesday of next week, but I have a feeling we'll hear something this week lol.

Sep 7, 2016
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
I honestly think that we won't hear anything until the 19th regardless of if we were accepted or not. Other friends of mine who interviewed early decision last year didn't find out until the last day!