University of Louisville Class of 2011

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jjp1633

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just thought I would get one started!

Members don't see this ad.

I am so excited to start at UofL next year. Hope more folks will join this thread.:)

Members don't see this ad :)
Next year- thinking of living off campus.

Married and about to have a child...so definitely off-campus. Probably east Louisville.

I will be moving to Louisville in the summer. I was looking at apartments online and the ones I was interested in were on the west side (I think). Mizzoudude, how is West Louisville?
I love the city and I think it is a great location for school.

Have any of you guys checked out blackboard. Last week I got my username and password...Go under incoming class of 2007...click on discussions...there are already 4 others that have posted...mine is the lengthy one:)

Thanks Mizzoudude. I will look into places on the eastside. Merry Christmas everyone!

From a member of the UL class of 2010, congratulations on getting in!

the committee met today. has anyone's status page changed?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello to all!

I was at 2nd look this weekend...the new dean was quite impressive.

I don't know if he overshadowed the $45k/yr OOS tuition though...

Worth every penny! See ya this summer!

I was at the 2nd look as well...the dean was impressive...a little dry..but I enjoyed his presentation nonetheless. Yes, the 45k+ tuition is going to be difficult to swallow:thumbdown: ...but what can ya do:oops: So...where is everyone going to live? I'm thinking of buying a house...any local Louisvillians have any suggestions??

Good to see a lot more activity on the thread.

What is this second look you guys are talking about? are you talking about pre-orientation? I just went to the financial aid session.

Where is everyone living? Alone? Roomie?

They are one in the same. Many there had more than one acceptance...so UL wanted to hype their school with the Dean speech and student panel Q&A. I think the majority of schools have similar events.

I am married so I will probably buy a townhome or home somewhere. Looking in Highlands area...a little high but its the most convenient i think. Hopefully we'll make a little on it when we move.

Let's get this thread going...:)

bump... I will be going to U of L next year!!!!:D

Does anyone have info on the cost of attendance for OOS for all four years? I can't seem to find it from their website.

Hey Rising Sun,
The info is not yet on the website, however, it is in that packet you were given during the interview. Off the top of my head, it is roughly $42000 per year for OOS.
Congrats to everyone and I am looking forward to meeting everyone soon.:)

From what the packet said...i think...they estimated it would be close to 45k...and 47k in the 2nd and 3rd year...:thumbdown: As long as we all specialize in derm/plastics/ctsurgery...we'll be fine..lol, JK :)

Does anyone have a class schedule (including times that the classes meet) for the first two years? I've got to make a decision b/w UK and UL by the end of this week, and the class schedule is pretty important to me.

Thanks in advance!:thumbup:

Rising Sun,

There are a few things u could do to find that out...go to Blackboard, and then to the Medical Students homepage...im sure u could find it there. If not, post a message on their board...someone will reply when they find time i hope.

You could also just call the school, and ask to find out that information..but me, i hate calling...or talking on the phone for that matter...i guess its a guy thing:)

I am pretty sure that there is more class time with UL than UK...but not 100% certain.

I am really excited to hear back from U of L. I have not been accepted yet I really hope that I am. I was really impressed at my interview by the school. The staff was really nice and the students were laid back. The school also has a lot of opportunities for research.

So yeah, hopefully the next post I put on here will say that I am joining the rest you!:)

I am really excited to hear back from U of L. I have not been accepted yet I really hope that I am. I was really impressed at my interview by the school. The staff was really nice and the students were laid back. The school also has a lot of opportunities for research.

So yeah, hopefully the next post I put on here will say that I am joining the rest you!:)

I just turned down my acceptance at UL, so I hope that you get me spot!:thumbup:

Best of luck! And to everyone on this thread, I hope that you have a great time at UL. I was really impressed with the school. You definately cannot go wrong there. By far the nicest facilities of anywhere that I interviewed.

I just turned down my acceptance at UL, so I hope that you get me spot!:thumbup:

Best of luck! And to everyone on this thread, I hope that you have a great time at UL. I was really impressed with the school. You definately cannot go wrong there. By far the nicest facilities of anywhere that I interviewed.

Hey Thanks Rising Sun! I also do hope I get your spot. I was hoping to hear form U of L today but no such luck. Probably will hear from them on Monday:scared:

Gotta say I am pretty excited. We will soon see what the future holds. I wish you the best of luck Rising!

Hello All! Congrats to all who have been accepted at UL. I have just found out that I have been waitlisted but that they won't be ranking the waitlist until May. Did anyone here send a LOI to UL? Are there any current students perusing this site that were waitlisted and then accepted? I really, really want to attend UL. Thanks in advance for any insight.

In response to RisingSun's schedule question, even though s/he already pulled out (sorry to hear it!):

First year, you have class mostly 9-12 M-F, with one morning off per week (in the fall the specific day of the week changes, but once spring comes, it's always Wednesdays). Gross anatomy is on M/W/F in the fall, with lecture from 1-2 and lab after that (lunch is always free time, 12-1 every day). T/Th you usually have class from 1-3-ish, occasionally longer. In the spring, the schedule becomes more regular, 8-12 pretty much every morning except Wednesdays, and class 1-3 most days.

Second year it's pretty much the same, 8-3 most days except Wednesday mornings, and in the spring it lightens up a LOT as people start studying for boards.

Welcome to everyone who has been accepted! If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask. I'm not on here a lot, but if you PM me I'll get an email alert.

-Holly
President, UofL Class of 2009

Hello All! Congrats to all who have been accepted at UL. I have just found out that I have been waitlisted but that they won't be ranking the waitlist until May. Did anyone here send a LOI to UL? Are there any current students perusing this site that were waitlisted and then accepted? I really, really want to attend UL. Thanks in advance for any insight.

Yeah I just found out that I too have been wait listed. I really hope to get in. RisingSun declined his acceptance so I guess there is one spot.......

Does anyone have the match list for 2007? If you do, can you post it.

Just thought I would keep the thread alive..

How is everyone doing?

Any new acceptances?

What are you guys doing for living arrangements?

I am just counting down the days till school starts. Can't wait!
As far as living arrangements, it is kinda hard making a final decision since I am from OOS. I hope to make a trip up there soon. I had a question though, as far as traffic goes, which highways are the absolute worst. That will help in making a decision.

I just joined SDN, and I would also be attending U of L in August. Just wondering if anyone has received any packages from the school regarding financial aid or curriculum info.

Did both of you attend the second look in February? I think i recall mizzoudude going...If you didn't then I'd call the financial aid office, i'm sure they would send you an information package. I suppose I will be filling out the FAFSA this week at some point online...which is what they prefer you to do.
But as far as anything else in the mail...nothing.
I'm still holding out just in case they send me a letter to tell me I am getting a full scholorship...yeah right:thumbdown: :laugh: Congrats on all who got in!!

The pre-matriculation program starts in July. A third year student told me it was quite helpful to her, so I decided to do it. Is anyone here going to participate?

yes i will be there! i will also be in Madisonville in June! Is anyone going to that?

Im also finally joining SDN and will be going to U of L next year! I did the FAFSA a few days ago which was probably a little late but oh well. Its exciting to get some talk going about next year lets keep it going!!

I will be doing the pre-matriculation program as well. Can't wait.

I will be at the pre-matriculation program too :thumbup: :thumbup:
As far as financial aid goes, once you fill out the FAFSA, the Fin Aid office will send you mail with instructions on what to do. Based on certain criteria, some folks may be selected to verify information. Hope that helps!
I am so excited to meet my classmates (hope I don't sound like a dork:))

Unless you think I am one! I can't wait for graduation, and for next year to start so I can meet everyone!

Hey everyone!! I'm also in the 2011 UofL class, I can't wait to get started. Does anyone know how far it is to drive to school from highlands? Including traffic times?