University of Louisville Class of 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Call student affairs and ask for Dianne Foster. She's awesome and would be more than happy to answer that question for you.

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks for all your help/. I got it approved and now the money is being sent...Here I come UofL!!! GO CARDS!!

Yeah my wife is due July 11th(busy July!!), and we are trying to figure out how everything will work financially. Glad I am not the only one...
My wife is due June 4 and it's our first so she could possibly be late. I might just have to move out a little early and fly solo for a while. Does anyone know the "good areas" to live?

Members don't see this ad :)
Two questions:
1. Have any of you received notification that your deposit has been received?
2. Does anyone know whether we are required to purchase a new laptop? If so, is that amount included into the tuition and fees?

question 2: I have asked around quite a bit about the laptop. I hear "No" because all tests and information are either on paper or we simply buy books lke any old undergrad class. That being said, it may be a good idea to have a laptop ust in case the proffs provide links or online notes to their lectures. Maybe a good idea to archive everything "dental" on your new "dental laptop..."

I called the school to see if they had my deposit. They told me they recieved it. They also told me they will be sending me a bunch of info around the first of the year, like student I D and a school schedule.

I called the school to see if they had my deposit. They told me they recieved it. They also told me they will be sending me a bunch of info around the first of the year, like student I D and a school schedule.

Ahh, I wonder if they use the pictures they took of us at the interview for our student ID. :thumbdown:

Ahh, I wonder if they use the pictures they took of us at the interview for our student ID. :thumbdown:

I hope not, I had an extremely smug look in mine, in fact, I asked Dr. Babbage at the end of the interview if I could re-take it cuz I thought when the adcoms saw it, they would be like were not letting this kid in.

1. I got notification sometime last week, but I took my in person the day after I got the letter.

2. I'll be using this as an excuse to get a new laptop, but I know you don't have to have a certain or new laptop.

yea, i actually called the student affairs office about getting a laptop. they do not require any specific model. totally up to the student.

My wife is due June 4 and it's our first so she could possibly be late. I might just have to move out a little early and fly solo for a while. Does anyone know the "good areas" to live?

Congrats on your wife expecting. My wife and I have a 6 month old baby. Anyway, I was told by a student at u of l that a lot of the students live north east of the school. He lived about 15 miles away. I have been looking around there and have found a lot of great, but kinda pricey, apartments. One is called terraces at forest springs. It is way nice, but expensive. It is in a gated community. We are looking wthin a few mile radius of that area. Hope that helps!

Yeah that is kind of where my wife and I have been looking. They seem really nice, but you are right they are expensive. Keep us updated if you find any other nice ones that might be a little less expensive.

What is expensive to all of you? Expensive is pretty relative, were finding places that are the same of what we pay now and are wayyyyy nicer then what we have now.

Members don't see this ad :)
What is expensive to all of you? Expensive is pretty relative, were finding places that are the same of what we pay now and are wayyyyy nicer then what we have now.

Very true...I am moving from North Dakota/Minnesota, so I am used to relatively inexpensive rent. Rent in Louisville is much less expensive than it would be in other areas, just a bit of a shock coming from a smaller town. So around $900 for a 2 bedroom seems pretty steep to me, but you are right it is not bad!

Very true...I am moving from North Dakota/Minnesota, so I am used to relatively inexpensive rent. Rent in Louisville is much less expensive than it would be in other areas, just a bit of a shock coming from a smaller town. So around $900 for a 2 bedroom seems pretty steep to me, but you are right it is not bad!
I have a friend that's a D1 this year and he lives at the terraces at forest springs. He said they told the management they were dental students and would be there for 4 years and they got $100/month off their rent making it more manageable.

That is pretty cool about terraces at forest springs. My wife and I loved that place. I think I will call them and see if I can't get a deal. Thanks for the post

I have a friend that's a D1 this year and he lives at the terraces at forest springs. He said they told the management they were dental students and would be there for 4 years and they got $100/month off their rent making it more manageable.
That is awesome, I will have to look into it. Does anyone know how long it would take to drive with traffic? Thanks. Oh yeah congrats on your wife expecting, it is going to be our first as well.

I looked at the terraces and couldn't find any price listings. What are we looking at for a two bedroom?

Same problem, no price listings and I couldnt find overall square footage either. I think the best bet is to call them.

You can find the square footage info on independent apartment searching websites. The two bedrooms are about 1050-1250 square feet. The one my wife and I are most likely getting is about $825 a month. They are great to talk to on the phone

I spoke with them on the phone as well. They are very nice and excited to have dental students looking there. They are willing to work with us on prices and the community is gated and water is included in the rent. My fiance and I are going to look there first.

Man thats totally reasonable and thats a huge square footage! My guess is they will be having a huge influx of out of state residents calling there!

Just got the password to the website! Trying to figure out how to log on....

Update: Logged on

Last edited:
Hmm, I haven't received the e-mail yet

Actually it was snail mail...that's probably why you haven't received it yet

Ahh... Makes sense. Maybe I could log in without needing the snail mail. Is your username and password included in the e-mail?

I bet you can't tell I'm excited?

Ahh... Makes sense. Maybe I could log in without needing the snail mail. Is your username and password included in the e-mail?

I bet you can't tell I'm excited?

I got a letter that had my username and student id# and that's what I used to log on.

I mailed my deposit in last week and it got there on monday. I called and they said they got it. How long after they got your deposit did they send you your I D and stuff.

I took my deposit to admissions as soon as I got my letter on Dec. 4. I just got the mail today, meaning they mailed it yesterday.

Hey, I'm a big idiot and suck with directions. What password do you use to log into Blackboard? Or where can we find what our password is?

Hey, I'm a big idiot and suck with directions. What password do you use to log into Blackboard? Or where can we find what our password is?

Actually it took me a while to figure it out. You use your username of course, but your password is:

First two letters of your first name+ first two letters of your last name+ exclamation point+ the last four numbers of your student ID at the top of the letter.

Actually it took me a while to figure it out. You use your username of course, but your password is:

First two letters of your first name+ first two letters of your last name+ exclamation point+ the last four numbers of your student ID at the top of the letter.
Thanks a lot. I would have never figured that out

one bad thing about Louisville-- Mail takes forever to get to me in Idaho! I still haven't received the blackboard letter yet... :(

My status was just updated yesterday on AADSAS to "Application Complete". How were you all contacted for an interview? Should I be expecting anything.

My status was just updated yesterday on AADSAS to "Application Complete". How were you all contacted for an interview? Should I be expecting anything.
After my aadsas was changed to application complete, I received an interview about a week later via e-mail, no earlier. I'm not saying that the "application complete" status guarantees you an interview, but it signifies they are done reviewing your application and have made a decision. Whether it be an interview, rejection, or waitlist for an interview, you shall find out. Good luck.

I don't have my letter with me and I was wondering if anyone knew when the white coat ceremony was? I had some of my family asking me about it.

Ours was at 10 this year. You get "official" invitations to send out, but you're free to invite as many folks as you want

hey guys, just received the letter with my student ID and all of that. The letter mentioned immunizations and states "see enclosed envelope" but there was nothing else in the envelope. Was there supposed to be something else with the letter I got in regards to this?

I wondered the same thing when I read mine! I did find the immunization list posted on the blackboard website under information, but i don't know if there was supposed to be something else in there.

What things are currently expected to start working on prior to matriculation? On my list I have financial aide, Immunizations, and transcripts. Is there any thing else that I am missing? I am trying to get organized here... thanks everyone!

I think those are the 3 main things for now. Also, I got my student ID number and login for blackboard, but did any of you get an email address yet? I am so afraid I am missing stuff!

I got my e-mail address. It is your [email protected]
I hope that helps. I have been worried about them having all of my stuff too. I called and they made it sound like if I had received the letter than I was up to speed.

I got my e-mail address. It is your [email protected]
I hope that helps. I have been worried about them having all of my stuff too. I called and they made it sound like if I had received the letter than I was up to speed.

where was your email address at? in the letter?

where was your email address at? in the letter?

No it wasn't in the letter. I was exploring on the blackboard website and stumbled upon it. My previous school was very blackboard oriented and my brother had asked me if I had an e-mail account with them yet so I decided to look for it. So I went on the communication tab and acted if I was going to send an e-mail to a select user and it showed me my e-mail address that is set up with Louisville. After trying that and if it doesn't make sense just let me know.

wow I didn't realize 101/120 seats were already full!

Where did you hear this from and can anyone else confirm it?
I just responded to your message but there's a roster on the student webpage with 101 names so I was just assuming I guess.