University of Louisville Class of 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey Guys,

I am not very blackboard savvy and have quite a few questions. If any of you could help out a fellow classmate, I would greatly appreciate it!

1. what is the purpose of ULink. I went to it through blackboard and it seems to provide the same info as blackboard so what is its purpose and what are we supposed to do with it?

2. Also, I noticed under ULink that we may possibly have two email addresses? One being [email protected] and [email protected]. What is the difference?

3. Under transcripts, it is my understanding that if we graduated some time before we filled out our AADSAS application, and submitted our transcripts to AADSAS along with our degree verification, we do NOT need to send transcripts to the school?

I know my questions are quite anal, but please bear with me! I never get a chance to call the school since I work during their office hours and barely have time for a bathroom break let alone a phone call!

Members don't see this ad.

By chance does anyone have the email for Dr. Babbage? you can just Pm it to me if you have it. Thanks

Hey Guys,

I am not very blackboard savvy and have quite a few questions. If any of you could help out a fellow classmate, I would greatly appreciate it!

1. what is the purpose of ULink. I went to it through blackboard and it seems to provide the same info as blackboard so what is its purpose and what are we supposed to do with it?

2. Also, I noticed under ULink that we may possibly have two email addresses? One being [email protected] and [email protected]. What is the difference?

3. Under transcripts, it is my understanding that if we graduated some time before we filled out our AADSAS application, and submitted our transcripts to AADSAS along with our degree verification, we do NOT need to send transcripts to the school?

I know my questions are quite anal, but please bear with me! I never get a chance to call the school since I work during their office hours and barely have time for a bathroom break let alone a phone call!

1. Not sure about ulink/blackboard difference, but I think you are right in assuming that they give you the same information.
2. in ulink it gives you the ability to add e-mail addresses to your e-mail account. For instance, if your standard e-mail is [email protected], you can add additional e-mail addresses that will direct messages to your original account. So you can add the e-mail address [email protected] and it will route automatically to [email protected]. I hope this wasn't too confusing. Oh, and there is no difference between gwise.louisville.edu and louisville.edu-- gwise is just the client that the institution uses to provide our e-mail addresses.
3. If you graduated before you submitted AADSAS, you don't have to worry about submitting any transcripts to the school. I wondered this too, and had my questions answered by Dianne Foster.

Members don't see this ad :)
1. Not sure about ulink/blackboard difference, but I think you are right in assuming that they give you the same information.
2. in ulink it gives you the ability to add e-mail addresses to your e-mail account. For instance, if your standard e-mail is [email protected], you can add additional e-mail addresses that will direct messages to your original account. So you can add the e-mail address [email protected] and it will route automatically to [email protected]. I hope this wasn't too confusing. Oh, and there is no difference between gwise.louisville.edu and louisville.edu-- gwise is just the client that the institution uses to provide our e-mail addresses.
3. If you graduated before you submitted AADSAS, you don't have to worry about submitting any transcripts to the school. I wondered this too, and had my questions answered by Dianne Foster.

alright, I talked to Dianna yesterday and she said I DID need to mail my transcripts...now I am confused. I am going to send them anyway just incase and they can do what they want with them

Can our Loiusivlle e-mail accounts only send and receive e-mails to/from other members on blackboard? I tried sending myself an email from my gmail account and nothing showed up.

I was able to send e-mails from my Louisville account to my gmail account and have done it several times. I just tried sending an e-mail from my gmail to my Louisville account and it worked also. Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Alright, so I was able to send an e-mail from blackboard to my gmail. I went to content collection and clicked on e-mail in the left column. How do I access my inbox on blackboard though. I sent an e-mail back from gmail and can't find it.. My messages are empty under my communication tools and I can't find any other inbox. Sorry for the questions. I have never used blackboard and am trying to figure it out

oh, I wasn't using blackboard as the way to send and receive messages. I am going to the Louisville homepage and found the e-mail from there. Here is the link.

https://gwwebic.louisville.edu/ICSLogin/?%22https://gwwebic.louisville.edu/gw/webacc%22

I entered my username there and password and that lets you into the e-mail account that I have been using.
Oh ok. Yea, I tried to access that with the login information they gave us and it says my information is invalid or login failed. I'll just have to call them. Thanks for the help though

I don't know if this will help but when you sign in on that link I sent input just your username. Don't put @louisville.edu at the end of it. I did that my first time and that's why I couldn't get on. But as soon as I took that off I was able to log on. Good luck

FYI...among other things, ulink is where you accept/decline your financial aid & also where your d-school transcripts are located.

I don't know if this will help but when you sign in on that link I sent input just your username. Don't put @louisville.edu at the end of it. I did that my first time and that's why I couldn't get on. But as soon as I took that off I was able to log on. Good luck
I had to call the IT helpdesk. My password had expired. I'm good now. Thanks for the help though.

Good luck guys! I am currently a D3 at Louisville and ULSD is a wonderful school. The education that you guys will be receiving is outstanding, as long as you put in the work and try to learn it.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions. I believe classes have started for you guys already as I am already seeing a bunch of you guys in the library everyday. :laugh:

Feel free to PM me if you guys have any questions. The curriculum is by no means easy, but I am sure everyone of y'all can do it as long as you work hard.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions and welcome to ULSD!