• Advice You're Thankful for Contest

Now that it's getting close to Thanksgiving, we're running a contest to hear advice you've received that you're most thankful for! This can be any type of advice and the advice with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

University of Malta

GennyD

15+ Year Member
Mar 19, 2001
New Orleans, LA USA
    I was wondering if anyone knew anything about the University of Malta. I think I saw it mentioned on this forum that they had several residents at the Mayo Clinic. If anyone knows anything about this school the information would be appreciated. Such as entrance requirements, tuition, financial aid, acceptance of foreigners.

thanks

------------------
    Best Regards,
    Genny

Stephen Ewen

10+ Year Member
    15+ Year Member
    Feb 5, 2000
    Somewhere in Micronesia
      They accept foreigners every year, and the school and the medical system in general in Malta is top notch. It is EXPENSIVE to live in Malta, and tuition at the school for foreigners is high as well. When I communicated with the school several years ago I was informed that a student should expect to pay over 35K per year for everything. There are no student loans available. They have a very busy program that hosts students from all over the world to rotate for several months of clinicals at the SOM.

I do not have their web site right now, but it is easily accessible via a standard search engine.

Best wishes.

GennyD

15+ Year Member
      Mar 19, 2001
      New Orleans, LA USA
        I have seen the website, and their tuition looks comparible to that of a private US school around 22K. The living costs aren't that expensive though comparitively. Does anyone know if you can get loans for education through an organization like Medachiever or such. Or secure private loans at a lower %. Thanks for your help S. Ewen.

------------------
        Best Regards,
        Genny

About the Ads
        This thread is more than 20 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        7. This thread is locked.