University of Maryland: Baltimore Fall 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yea. Just called to confirm Baltimore!! Omg I'm interviewing for Minnesota though next week. For Maryland I still need to take physics 2... which I'm not sure if I want to do that.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using SDN Mobile

I'm interviewing at Minnesota on Friday! Minnesota is the only other school I'm considering now that I got in here. I am so happy!

Members don't see this ad.

Yea. Just called to confirm Baltimore!! Omg I'm interviewing for Minnesota though next week. For Maryland I still need to take physics 2... which I'm not sure if I want to do that.

good luck!! minnesota is such a good school...I heard it's really competitive for out of state students and they had about 4 supp essays so I didn't apply..haha

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got in too! Interviewed on 1/26. :) Debating between this school and VCU.

...um little help here. Any advice? Tips, pointers, any thing I should keep in mind?

...um little help here. Any advice? Tips, pointers, any thing I should keep in mind?

Be comfortable and engaging in the group exercise. The students and faculty member I interviewed with were very personable, so just try to relate with them while telling them your story. I think I would just say to have fun!

Sorry if this is a bone headed question, but is there anything I can do to prepare for the group exercise? That's the part that frightens me the most since I have NO idea what to expect. Sorry about all the questions. I'd just really like to go here :-/

Sorry if this is a bone headed question, but is there anything I can do to prepare for the group exercise? That's the part that frightens me the most since I have NO idea what to expect. Sorry about all the questions. I'd just really like to go here :-/

I would just say to try to think thoughtfully and creatively while still addressing the question. Also, try (if you can) practicing a confident, collaborative manner of speaking. I think tone plays a big factor. Be thorough, but not redundant in your manner of speaking. Use your time wisely to prepare your words and your message. Lastly, be confident enough to answer questions asked.

I would just say to try to think thoughtfully and creatively while still addressing the question. Also, try (if you can) practicing a confident, collaborative manner of speaking. I think tone plays a big factor. Be thorough, but not redundant in your manner of speaking. Use your time wisely to prepare your words and your message. Lastly, be confident enough to answer questions asked.

While I'd agree with all of these things, they sound a little intense. The truth is, you should absolutely do these things, but they did an excellent job of making things feel comfortable. Interviews were very conversational. The group project was far more relaxed than I thought it would be. The essay was very standard. Overall, the whole process was a great experience. I think if you're confident in yourself and have a good story to tell for why you want to be a pharmacist, the rest will put itself together on interview day. Just try to relax and enjoy it.

While I'd agree with all of these things, they sound a little intense. The truth is, you should absolutely do these things, but they did an excellent job of making things feel comfortable. Interviews were very conversational. The group project was far more relaxed than I thought it would be. The essay was very standard. Overall, the whole process was a great experience. I think if you're confident in yourself and have a good story to tell for why you want to be a pharmacist, the rest will put itself together on interview day. Just try to relax and enjoy it.

Haha, yeah, I agree. Despite how I wrote things above, it should be relaxed and natural :) Really, just go there and have fun!

My interview with the faculty member was so incredibly laid back. It turns out that my interviewee was from the same city as me in Texas and went to the same city as me for undergrad in California. The interviews were so laid back and casual. Similarly for the student interview, I had a student who was an engineer at first in undergrad (like me) and also was from Southern California. It was so interesting. It was easy for me to relate to them, and, I think, for them to relate to me.

Thanks a ton for the help. Doesn't seem all that intimidating anymore... :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats, everyone who's been invited for/has had an interview. Quick question: does the interview process here include an impromptu essay/writing and/or math test? (I'm just wondering why the process takes 4 hours). Thanks.

There is an essay

When I went in for an interview during the student panal, I hear that it WAS possible to get in-state tuition after you've held your residency in the state of Maryand for a year. Does anyone know more information about this? Do any current Maryland students even check this thread? I'd love to know because this will be one of the deciding factors for me

Yea I heard that too. When I asked the panel the girl said like you have to change driver license license plate and register to vote in Maryland and say like you want to practice pharmacy in Maryland in the future after you graduate. However I don't know how.. In state tuition is big factor for me as well

Just declined my spot at Maryland. Best of luck to you all :)

Why where you going?

Does anyone know if they will send an acceptance packet?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SDN Mobile

I wonder when we should actually start looking for housing and signing leases?

Also is there a facebook group for class of 2017 yet?

I wonder when we should actually start looking for housing and signing leases?

Also is there a facebook group for class of 2017 yet?

I'm looking now lol. Just browsing the link. Hmmm exciting. No Facebook . make a Google+ group

I'm looking now lol. Just browsing the link. Hmmm exciting. No Facebook . make a Google+ group

Just from browsing through the pages for several schools on this site, it looks like the school may actually make the Facebook group.

No, but I just googled it and it came up.

http://www.pharmacy.umaryland.edu/about/offices/studentaffairs/incoming/

I'm looking at apartments, this seems like a good deal: http://baltimore.craigslist.org/apa/3613845389.html

Does any current students recommend somewhere close/walkable to campus and a complex maybe lots of students live at?
I saw from the admitted students page that they had some dorm options? Would any current students recommend them?? but then again, I have never seen a current Maryland student comment on this thread.

I saw from the admitted students page that they had some dorm options? Would any current students recommend them?? but then again, I have never seen a current Maryland student comment on this thread.

Yea we need current students on here. The dorm options seem too expensive.

Yea we need current students on here. The dorm options seem too expensive.

I remember one of the students in my Q&A session saying he lived in the university housing. He enjoyed it, but also seemed very aware that it wasn't the most cost-effective choice.

I just sent in my deposit! I might not go here, but I won't know about the other school until, at the earliest, March 11th (i.e. after the deposit deadline).

Out of any of the things you do during the interview day, this is probably the one of the more laid back task (other than the student interview). I think as long as you're engaging with oth other group members and giving your insights on the exercise it should be fine. good luck.

I got an acceptance letter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I cannot believe it!!!!!!!!!!!is it real?
omg!!

Out of any of the things you do during the interview day, this is probably the one of the more laid back task (other than the student interview). I think as long as you're engaging with oth other group members and giving your insights on the exercise it should be fine. good luck.
Sweet. I'm thinking we're gonna get some medical mystery that we have to successfully diagnose like an episode of House :scared: But now with people getting accepted already and my not having interviewed yet, I'm afraid the BMore campus may fill up which will definitely deflate any excitement about being accepted. That shady grove commute doesn't look pleasant from where I am...Oh and thanks a ton for the reply. I take it you were accepted already?

I got an acceptance letter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I cannot believe it!!!!!!!!!!!is it real?
omg!!

Me too!!! Just got the acceptance email yesterday afternoon. This is my first acceptance. Omg it is such a relief to know I'll be going to pharmacy school this fall. I was really shocked to hear from UMD. I thought they were sending out most acceptance letters in April.

Sweet. I'm thinking we're gonna get some medical mystery that we have to successfully diagnose like an episode of House :scared: But now with people getting accepted already and my not having interviewed yet, I'm afraid the BMore campus may fill up which will definitely deflate any excitement about being accepted. That shady grove commute doesn't look pleasant from where I am...Oh and thanks a ton for the reply. I take it you were accepted already?

Well, you never know. I want to be optimistic and say that if they have later interview dates, they would at least hold a few spots open for those who interview later? but who knows...all you can do is do your best.
yea, I was.

For the two of you who were just accepted, when did you interview?

I have a question for those who got in UMB

when do we get access to UMB system email and registration???

I have a question for those who got in UMB

when do we get access to UMB system email and registration???

I wanna know this too. Definitely by orientation, although maybe in June. Not everyone has been interviewed or admitted yet.

I wonder how many more interview dates they have left. :(

Has anyone from the 1/25 afternoon interview heard anything?

Just mailed in deposit!

Just got an interview invite! I didn't think they were still sending them out!

anyone out of state people planning to attend UMB?