University of Maryland c/o 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
just got my acceptance offer email! interviewed on 10/14 and got the offer today (10/21) in case you wanted to know how long it takes
Awesome, thanks for sharing your timeline! Congrats!!

Members don't see this ad.

just got my acceptance offer email! interviewed on 10/14 and got the offer today (10/21) in case you wanted to know how long it takes
Btw, how was your interview? Anything you can share? I am scheduling mine for Nov I believe but I'm so nervous.

Got accepted!!! :) ED! If there's anyone freaking out about interview, please don't! I did horrible in student interview but still got accepted! (But I made it up with faculty, group and essay ) Good luck everyone and see you guys next year

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! Can you tell me a little bit about your interview experience? I am so nervous right now! Please, please help me!

Hi! Can you tell me a little bit about your interview experience? I am so nervous right now! Please, please help me!
30 min student interview, 30 min faculty, i think 1 hr group, 30 min essay.
For the group portion, you are given a scenario and need to make a power point about it. I suggest you to go to past interview page on the student doctor network!
Don't be nervous !

30 min student interview, 30 min faculty, i think 1 hr group, 30 min essay.
For the group portion, you are given a scenario and need to make a power point about it. I suggest you to go to past interview page on the student doctor network!
Don't be nervous !
What is student interview about? Is that a Q&A section or something?

What is student interview about? Is that a Q&A section or something?
student interview: 30 minute interview. 2 pharmacy students interview you. random questions about leadership, ethics, etc etc.
faculty interview: 30 minute interview. 1 professor interview you. questions about why pharmacy? why U of MD? leadership, ethics, how to deal with stress. etc etc.
group project: put into groups randomly. given a scenario. 30 mins to create powerpoint with your group on your solution to the scenario. 5 mins to present. 5 mins for questions to be asked.
writing: 30 minutes. 3 questions. tests personality, leadership skills, ethics, etc.
student panel: *not being graded, not part of interview* feel free to ask any questions to about 4 P1 & P2 students. questions about school, student life, extra curricular, etc etc.

student interview: 30 minute interview. 2 pharmacy students interview you. random questions about leadership, ethics, etc etc.
faculty interview: 30 minute interview. 1 professor interview you. questions about why pharmacy? why U of MD? leadership, ethics, how to deal with stress. etc etc.
group project: put into groups randomly. given a scenario. 30 mins to create powerpoint with your group on your solution to the scenario. 5 mins to present. 5 mins for questions to be asked.
writing: 30 minutes. 3 questions. tests personality, leadership skills, ethics, etc.
student panel: *not being graded, not part of interview* feel free to ask any questions to about 4 P1 & P2 students. questions about school, student life, extra curricular, etc etc.
Thank you so much. That helps a lot !

Are the leadership and ethnics questions in the form of situational/behavioral questions?

Hi guys! I applied to this school just last Monday and today my gpa was verified. Do you know how long until I would hear a interview invite? And until my supplemental gets received? Thanks.

Has anyone who applied for regular decision gotten an interview invite yet?!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi guys! I applied to this school just last Monday and today my gpa was verified. Do you know how long until I would hear a interview invite? And until my supplemental gets received? Thanks.
please go to page 1 of this forum! I wrote it :)

Did anyone interview on Nov 18th? Have you heard back? I know that we are likely to find out after the holidays but I was just curious. Thanks!

Did anyone interview on Nov 18th? Have you heard back? I know that we are likely to find out after the holidays but I was just curious. Thanks!

Hey yeah I interviewed on the 18th and just got an acceptance email

Hey guys I'm planning on making a class of 2021 group so that those who are committed to UMB can get to know each other more!
If any of you committed to coming to UMB can you please provide me your email so that I can add you guys to the group?
Thank!

Hey yeah I interviewed on the 18th and just got an acceptance email
Hey, thanks for your reply. I still haven't heard back yet so I'm quite worried now but congrats on your acceptance! Hopefully I'll hear back before Friday.

For anyone who applied regular decision and got accepted, how long did it take for them to send you an interview invite after they received your application? It's been a week and a half for me and I want to know how long I should wait before calling in.

For anyone who applied regular decision and got accepted, how long did it take for them to send you an interview invite after they received your application? It's been a week and a half for me and I want to know how long I should wait before calling in.
For me, it is like 1 day to get the interview and about 10 days to receive acceptance letter.

Hey guys I'm planning on making a class of 2021 group so that those who are committed to UMB can get to know each other more!
If any of you committed to coming to UMB can you please provide me your email so that I can add you guys to the group?
Thank!

i'm not sure how to message you directly, but i want to be added

For those who applied regular decision to UMB, when do you get a interview invitation? Thanks. (share stats as well)

For those who applied regular decision to UMB, when do you get a interview invitation? Thanks. (share stats as well)
I turned everything in November 7 and today I got an interview invite.
PCAT comp is 92. Pharmcas gpa is 3.79. But I don't have many extracurriculars. I do currently work in a pharmacy.

Last edited:
i'm not sure how to message you directly, but i want to be added

Hey so I won't be making a facebook group because I was informed that the school faculty will create one for us once the final round of interviews are done.

interviewed on Oct 28 Friday. got my acceptance email on the following Tuesday Nov 1.
GPA 3.64
years of Pharm Tech experience.
declined acceptance offer to UofMB due to other school acceptances.
campus was nice, the pharmacy building was nice.
great school if you're interested in any type of dual-degrees.

Hi everyone, I had my interview on 11/18 but I haven't heard back. I called the admissions office on Friday and left a message. I also tried calling again today but no one has picked up. Any advice on what I should do? Thank you!

Hi everyone, I had my interview on 11/18 but I haven't heard back. I called the admissions office on Friday and left a message. I also tried calling again today but no one has picked up. Any advice on what I should do? Thank you!
Hi I had my interview on 11/18 as well and i have yet to hear back. Do they only send an email if you are accepted? I just want to know what my admission status is haha

Hi I had my interview on 11/18 as well and i have yet to hear back. Do they only send an email if you are accepted? I just want to know what my admission status is haha
Yes same!

Just received an acceptance letter today! Hope you hear back soon immunogold!

I just received an acceptance this morning as well! Congrats to you rgnease!! Are you placing a deposit?

When you select a campus preference, how much long after do they take to confirm your choice?

When you select a campus preference, how much long after do they take to confirm your choice?

I don't remember anyone confirming the campus choice with me after making my choice (granted, that was four years ago). You may want to call the office and ask them to confirm. I will say this: you got in very early. It's almost certain you got your campus of choice. I got my campus of choice (Baltimore) when I received my acceptance in February. Don't fret. The office may be closed (or closing soon?) for winter break; I don't really remember when they close. But yeah, don't stress!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

I don't remember anyone confirming the campus choice with me after making my choice (granted, that was four years ago). You may want to call the office and ask them to confirm. I will say this: you got in very early. It's almost certain you got your campus of choice. I got my campus of choice (Baltimore) when I received my acceptance in February. Don't fret. The office may be closed (or closing soon?) for winter break; I don't really remember when they close. But yeah, don't stress!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Hi y0ssarian87, thanks for your input! I feel a lot better. When I called, the office told me that they would let me know later if my campus preference is confirmed so I hope I get it haha.

Can someone explain the deposit for UoM?

Are there 2 deposits?

I just want to hold my seat. I'm pending interviews and acceptances from other schools. Am I able to withdraw my acceptance and receive a refund for the deposit?

Can someone explain the deposit for UoM?

Are there 2 deposits?

I just want to hold my seat. I'm pending interviews and acceptances from other schools. Am I able to withdraw my acceptance and receive a refund for the deposit?

Deposits are non-refundable.

Hey guys!
Got an interview for Jan 21, anyone else?

For anyone who got accepted, how do I find the FB page for class of 2021?

For anyone who got accepted, how do I find the FB page for class of 2021?
I just got an email from the school today inviting me to the fb group but the link didn't work? I don't know if anyone else is having the same problem.

Also for people who have been accepted, if you are planning on living on campus, have you filled out the housing application yet? I don't know if I should do it now or wait until I receive more information.

I just got an email from the school today inviting me to the fb group but the link didn't work? I don't know if anyone else is having the same problem.

The link should be working now! And regarding housing, I haven't filled out the application yet as I am exploring other housing options.

The link should be working now! And regarding housing, I haven't filled out the application yet as I am exploring other housing options.
Thanks! It works for me now. Sounds good, I think I might also use the fb page as a way to find roommates.

Does anyone know how I could check my application status? I interviewed on 1/26 and am still waiting for a response. Anyone else on the same boat?