University of Maryland Class of 2010 part 02

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LucidSplash

#LimbSalvage
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I e-mailed Tracy Ijams under the guise of asking about the insanely high MCAT score recorded under my profile and I also asked about our exam grades.

(For anyone that cares, I guess they convert our MCAT writing letter score into a numerical score and add that to our composite score and THAT total is what is listed on medscope.)

Here's her reply regarding grades: "As for your exam scores - I'm still waiting on final grades from them - then we'll post exam 3 & your letter grade. I thought S&D was meeting today to determine letter grades - so I'll pester them some more right now."

Members don't see this ad.

Argh...this is ******ed. I saw Dr. Anderson on Monday and half-seriously asked him about our grades. He seemed surprised that our exam 3 scores weren't up yet.
Oh man. I heard it could be as late as this Friday. I just want to know!!!!

I am an out of stater who would LOVE to attend the Univ of Maryland. But, the out of state tuition is.....pretty steep. Anyone know if they give scholarships to out of state people, and if so, how much they're worth? I assume merit scholarships are based primarily on MCAT/GPA.....anyone know what the avg was of scholarships offered this past year? (my stats 38R, 3.9)

Any helpful advice/tips/commentary welcomed (and much needed!)!

Members don't see this ad :)
I am an out of stater who would LOVE to attend the Univ of Maryland. But, the out of state tuition is.....pretty steep. Anyone know if they give scholarships to out of state people, and if so, how much they're worth? I assume merit scholarships are based primarily on MCAT/GPA.....anyone know what the avg was of scholarships offered this past year? (my stats 38R, 3.9)

Any helpful advice/tips/commentary welcomed (and much needed!)!

I'm an out of stater currently at Maryland, and I'm not really sure if they offer scholarships to us (I certainly didn't get one, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything). I still chose to go here despite the price tag because I really like the school, plus I have been told by students that it is possible for an out-of-stater to qualify for in-state tuition after a year or two if certain criteria are met.

Hope everyone is enjoying med school - I was cleaning out my apartment (getting ready to move out of the city) and still have some books to get rid of. If anyone is interested please email me for I will be down here for one more month and can meet you at the hospital.

All of these books are in perfect/near perfect condition. Some of them might not be the newest edition but, all that changes is a few pictures (so the publishers can make a crap load off buying new books). As I'm sure you already know the bookstore charges and arm and a leg.

Langmans Medical Embryology 9th edition (Sadler): new 50 – asking 20

Lehnigers Principles of biochemistry 3rd edition (Nelson, Cox): new 120 – asking 45

The Human Brain: an introduction to its functional anatomy 5th edition (Nolte): new 60 – asking 35

Genetics in medicine 6th edition (Nussbaum, McInnes, Willard): new 55 – asking 30

Molecular biology of the cell 4th edition: new 105 – asking 45

Case Files – Internal Medicine, Lange (2004): new 29.95 – selling for 15

Case Files – Obstetrics and Gynecology, Lange (2003): new 29.95 – selling for 15

Current Essentials Of Medicine, Lange (3rd edition): new 36.95 – selling for 20

Harrisons Manual of Medicine, Kasper (16th edition): new 47.95 – selling for 25

PreTest – Medicine (10th edition): new 24.95 – selling for 15

PreTest – Pediatrics (10th edition): new 24.95 – selling for 15

Medical Microbiology, Murray (4th edition): new 91 – selling for 25

Basic & Clinical Pharmacology, Lange (9th edition): new 53 – selling for 25

Stedmans Medical Dictionary (27th edition): new 55 – selling for 25 (shipping for this item is 10 since it is VERY heavy)

Appleton & Lange Anatomy for USMLE Step I – selling for 5

Anatomy: Review for USMLE Step 1, second edition – selling for 5

USMLE Step I made ridiculously simple, Carl – selling for 10

Complications, Atul Gawande – selling for 5

On Doctoring, Reynolds/Stone – selling for 5

The Medical Interview (Mastering skills for clinical practice) - fourth edition - selling for 10