University of Maryland Physical Therapy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

baseball0079

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys! So my girlfriend was just notified today that she was placed on the waitlist for University of Maryland School of Physical Therapy. She is in state, 3.98 GPA, average GRE scores, and is has a lot of shadowing experience and extracurriculars presented in her application (I know seems to be just about as ideal of an application as you can get). She is also in-sate. I was wondering if anyone had any statistics on individuals getting accepted off of waitlists for physical therapy schools and also if anyone has had this same experience/anything they did or she should do during the time waiting to hear back from them??? Thank you guys!

Members don't see this ad.

I also was placed on a wait list with a 3.84 gpa and 100 plus outpatient hours and a lot of extracurriculars. Out of state applicant

I was also wait listed 3.75 gpa, 200 hours and out of state

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello, I was placed on the waitlist last year at the University of Maryland and ended up getting in but declined to go elsewhere. I was 15 on their waitlist last year and received notice in February of acceptance. Good luck!

Hello, I was placed on the waitlist last year at the University of Maryland and ended up getting in but declined to go elsewhere. I was 15 on their waitlist last year and received notice in February of acceptance. Good luck!
Did you email them after and ask about your rank? I got waitlisted also and was curious of doing so.

Did you email them after and ask about your rank? I got waitlisted also and was curious of doing so.

I didn't. They ended up sending a follow up email regarding positions but it wasn't until January I believe.

I didn't. They ended up sending a follow up email regarding positions but it wasn't until January I believe.
Okay thanks so much! I am waitlisted at a couple schools and I know they all have different processes. I just hate the waiting process.

Reactions: 1 user
I just contacted them about their waitlist process and it is not ranked. She said when someone declines then they go back to their waitlist and pull someone.

I got a call today saying that I was accepted! So excited! Also very shocked by all of you guys who got waitlisted, everyone's stats look amazing!

Last edited:
I got a call today saying that I was accepted! So excited! Also very shocked by all of you guys who got waitlisted, everyone's stats look amazing!
Congratulations! :) What were your stats, if you don't mind me asking?

Congratulations! :) What were your stats, if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks! Sure, I dont mind posting! :)

Major: Kinesiology
School: UMD - in state applicant
GPA: 3.74
Pre-Req GPA: 3.7
GRE: 151, 152, 4.5

Shadowing Hours: 400+ in various inpatient, outpatient
Extracurriculars: club sports, member of various clubs/organizations on campus, undergraduate research assistant

Anyone else get in?? Also good luck to everyone who was waitlisted!!

Reactions: 1 user
I was accepted too and super excited :) also surprised by those waitlisted. Your stats are all great! Good luck to everyone on the waitlist!

Reactions: 1 users
I was accepted too and super excited :) also surprised by those waitlisted. Your stats are all great! Good luck to everyone on the waitlist!

Congrats! I did too! Did you get an e-mail after the phone call? I still haven't. Are we supposed to be expecting a confirmation e-mail right after or is that coming next week sometime?

Congrats! I did too! Did you get an e-mail after the phone call? I still haven't. Are we supposed to be expecting a confirmation e-mail right after or is that coming next week sometime?

I haven't received an email yet. I think they said by the end of the week but I honestly don't remember much of what they said on the phone b/c I was excited :happy: hopefully we get one soon!