University of Maryland School of Dentistry In-state Tuition question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ihaterain123

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know when the last date available to register for courses is? Cause it says "To qualify for in‐state status, the student must demonstrate that for at least 12 consecutive months immediately prior to and including the last date available to register for courses for the semester/term for which the student seeks in‐state status". Anyone have a general idea when this will be? So far barely heard anything from the school...

Also, wanted to clarify that for in-state tuition, I need to:

Switch to Maryland Driver's License
Change state of the vehicle registration
Fill out a Maryland Tax return?

Is there anything I'm missing? Would they ask for a proof of residency of some sort?

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know when the last date available to register for courses is? Cause it says "To qualify for in‐state status, the student must demonstrate that for at least 12 consecutive months immediately prior to and including the last date available to register for courses for the semester/term for which the student seeks in‐state status". Anyone have a general idea when this will be? So far barely heard anything from the school...

Also, wanted to clarify that for in-state tuition, I need to:

Switch to Maryland Driver's License
Change state of the vehicle registration
Fill out a Maryland Tax return?

Is there anything I'm missing? Would they ask for a proof of residency of some sort?

Basically do everything you can to look like you are officially/permanently living there. You've got the most important ones. I went 2013-2017 and basically almost everyone gets denied and then you just appeal and are granted in-state tuition. So for many of us it was 1 year out of state, 3 years in state.