University of Maryland???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nylee

Corean Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey..
is anyone planning on going to University of Maryland at Baltimore?
I haven't seen any posts at all for that school! Let me know what you're doing
for housing if you go!

thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Housing options for the University of Maryland, Baltimore, can be found at :
<a href="http://www.housing.umaryland.edu" target="_blank">http://www.housing.umaryland.edu</a>

A lot of students live in places run by Southern Management, like Redwood or Marlbro, the Sailcloth factory, these places are nice (relatively safe) and within walking distance but rent alone runs ~800 for a single or $1200-1500 for a double. You can find a roomate at the website listed above. There are also a lot of students that choose to live in townhouses in a place called Ridgely's Delight, you should be able to find a place there with several roomates for ~$250-400 a month but just be prepared to live in a semi-unsafe area (some students have been mugged in those neighborhood, and a lot of students who park their car there get their car broken into). If you live anywhere further then walking distance, you will have to factor in the cost of parking (3.50 per day) into your budget so that is another consideration. A couple other places you might want to look into would be Charles Towers, townhouses in Catonsville by UMBC, Fells Point, or you can call the housing office and see if there are any on-campus openings but it's already getting pretty late for on-campus places.

Congrats on getting into Maryland, I just had my last day of classes of second year today and I can assure that the first two years are very well done at my school.

Hey nylee -- I am going to maryland next year as well. I'm not going for either on campus housing or a roommate, so this could be a challenge finding a place to live. I guess that I'll go snoop around in Baltimore and see what I can find. All I know is that I insist on living in a safe neighborhood in a safe building, which means probably not near the school :(

Send me a PM if you want to gab about our new school, because I would love to meet people who are going!

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow! Thanks for all your help, Mr. Burns! I will definitely check it out. I'm also considering living around the Peabody area and I'm not sure about finding a roommate either. Sounds good, Valleygal! Hopefully I'll meet you in class!

nylee

I talked with the housing office last week and they said that all of the openings for on-campus housing have been filled.

Good Luck!