University of Miami at FAU Class of 2011

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
im waitlisted also...got into uf and usf but would choose miami @ boca in a heartbeat

Members don't see this ad.

Hey people, you all still alive?!?! Boca is practically it's own entity, so I think people should use this for Boca questions, comments....

Hey people, you all still alive?!?! Boca is practically it's own entity, so I think people should use this for Boca questions, comments....

Yay! The UM Boca thread has been resuscitated!

Members don't see this ad :)
Ok, it's pretty safe to say that we will probably be our own entity up in Boca and not that affiliated with the main campus in terms of activities and tests and all that.

So...BUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, it's pretty safe to say that we will probably be our own entity up in Boca and not that affiliated with the main campus in terms of activities and tests and all that.

So...BUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

get your own facebook group then. ha!

Hey Boca people.

So are you guys getting the welch allyn stethoscope they sent us the link to or a different brand/model?? I'm pretty lost as far as stethoscopes go.:confused: Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

I don't know if you all heard, but ALL of the Boca students have passed STEP I so far. We have a few late exam takers who we're waiting to hear back from. But so far, everyone else has passed. The average score has not been released.

I don't know if you all heard, but ALL of the Boca students have passed STEP I so far. We have a few late exam takers who we're waiting to hear back from. But so far, everyone else has passed. The average score has not been released.

The Boca campus is the S**T. I knew that I made the right decision.

I am like 99% positive everyone has housing by now who is going to the Boca campus. But my dad has a condo available in the same neighborhood I live in right now (which I love!). So if anyone is interested the best way is to email me: [email protected]

If not I will see you all at orientation aug 9th!

Apartment for Rent in Boca Raton

Very nice neighborhood, lots of trees. Two bedrooms, two bathrooms, tile floors, washer-dryer in unit, screened in porch, storm shutters, very well kept. First floor in a two floor building. 1100 SF under air. Also includes one reserved parking spot right in front of apartment door.

Neighborhood pool. Sorry no dogs allowed by the association.

Available now.

Located at Lyons Rd and 18th street
Rent: $1150/month.

If all of you are coming here next year, the first thing that needs to happen is that you need to get the name of the campus correct. Do not ever call us FAU. Never. Never. You were all accepted to the University of Miami, and are therefore University of Miami students. The correct name of this campus is The Boca Campus. You should refer to yourselves as Boca students. And if anyone ever says otherwise, you should correct that person immediately.

I know that people try to throw around the terms "FAU campus" or "FAU students"---many of the perpetrators involve our faculty. However, using the word "FAU" is insulting to all of the students here because (1) it negates their efforts in getting accepted to the University of Miami and (2) it creates a greater separation between the two campuses.

Everyone of you will feel discriminated against for picking the Boca campus. Your Miami classmates will openly say that you're not smart enough and had to go to the north campus. The last thing you need to give some credibility to their statements by pushing the two campuses apart even farther.

Now that I'm done with my diatribe, welcome to the Boca campus.

Are you implying that there is something wrong with FAU? There will be several FAU undergrads attending the "boca campus" and we don't appreciate derogatory feelings regarding FAU. I applied only to the fau campus because I like FAU, the Biomed bldg and the faculty. If some of the miami students think that us fau students aren't as smart it's because it helps them feel better about themselves.

Are you implying that there is something wrong with FAU? There will be several FAU undergrads attending the "boca campus" and we don't appreciate derogatory feelings regarding FAU. I applied only to the fau campus because I like FAU, the Biomed bldg and the faculty. If some of the miami students think that us fau students aren't as smart it's because it helps them feel better about themselves.
Ha...I think the FAU students are going to knock everyone's socks off. I just didn't want to go to school there, because of my own personal reasons that made me feel like miami would be a better fit.

BTW, now would be a good time to say that I'm really going to miss getting to know all you Boca people, but hopefully we can chill a bit at orientation :)

Ha...I think the FAU students are going to knock everyone's socks off. I just didn't want to go to school there, because of my own personal reasons that made me feel like miami would be a better fit.

BTW, now would be a good time to say that I'm really going to miss getting to know all you Boca people, but hopefully we can chill a bit at orientation :)

Yeah we can hang out at orientation. Didn't you already move up to boca though? lol :p