University of Miami Masters in Biomedical Sciences (MiBS) Fall 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MedSchool5112

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!

I haven't seen much information on SDN about this program that is provided by the Miller School of Medicine at UM. So, I wanted to start a thread for those of us who are applying or thinking about planning applying to this program.

Has anyone submitted their application yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys!

I haven't seen much information on SDN about this program that is provided by the Miller School of Medicine at UM. So, I wanted to start a thread for those of us who are applying or thinking about planning applying to this program.

Has anyone submitted their application yet?
Hello, I was looking into the program, haven't started on my application yet. Do you know when is it due?

Hello, I was looking into the program, haven't started on my application yet. Do you know when is it due?
Hey, the application is due on 5/15! The application isn't that bad, you should be able to complete it rather quickly. I haven't submitted it yet because I'm having an issue with getting my official transcripts :/

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, the application is due on 5/15! The application isn't that bad, you should be able to complete it rather quickly. I haven't submitted it yet because I'm having an issue with getting my official transcripts :/
Did you have to submit any test scores?

I submitted by application on 01/24 but due to issues with my third recommendation letter, it was fully completed on 04/10. How long does it usually take to hear anything back regarding interviews or final decision?
I attended their open house and they said the turnover time to hear back for an interview is 2-3 weeks after submission. But my app was complete in March and I still have not heard anything back from them.

I have a friend who is about to finish the program this semester, and she told me that everyone in her class received the notification about their application 2-3 days after the submission deadline. This same friend submitted her application at the very last moment (on the application deadline date) and was accepted (she also did undergrad at UM), so from the looks of it, it does not seem to matter how early we submit our applications because they'll most likely let everyone know at the same time.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi there!!!

For anyone who has done an interview do you have any advice, tips, or remember the questions. Please let me know. Hope everyone is doing well and goodluck :)