University of Miami

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Broadway225

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard back from Miami yet? I received a notification that they received all of my materials, but no invitation to an interview yet.

Members don't see this ad.

I think I read on here that someone did and they have an interview in October, but I have only received a notice that they have received all my materials.

I did hear back from them--they received my materials on Sept 8, and emailed me the next day about interviews taking place in October. I'm not sure what the usual turn around time is or when you applied, but perhaps they just have more to sort through? Hope it works out for you!

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard back from Miami yet? I received a notification that they received all of my materials, but no invitation to an interview yet.
They received my materials Aug 14, and I was invited to interview about a month after! I submitted everything before the end of July.

@cvc29452 @Hopeful_DPT_2016 thanks for your replies... would you mind sharing your stats? I was just informed by MU that my application and materials have been received. Waiting anxiously now....

Hopefully you hear soon, good luck!! Are you from Florida?
I'm a second career student cGPA:3.4, pGPA: 3.6
GRE V:161, Q:156

I'm from Florida, and I am interviewing at Miami on 10/16. I'm kind of nervous about it, if anyone has interviewed there before and knows what to expect, mind sharing with us? My Stats:
cGPA: 3.21 (PTCAS)
pGPA: 3.5
GRE: 157v 159Q 4.0W
Hours: 150 pediatric/aquatics, 50 geriatrics, 50 inpatient, 500 outpatient (currently working as an aide) mostly spinal injuries

I was wondering how long it took to confirm they received your materials? My application was submitted 9/30. Just wondering if I should contact them or if it just takes them a while to confirm?

Hey MadMax I've got similar stats and I was wondering when you submitted to UM and how long did you have to wait until they sent you an invite?

I submitted on 8/25 and I got the email for the interview on 9/9

Reactions: 1 user
I submitted on 8/25 and I got the email for the interview on 9/9
MadMax, How was the interview? was it just informal, or was it more structured? trying to prepare myself for mine on the 30th

Hope it went well for you!

The interview went well I think. It was definitely structured. I wore a dark blue suit and tie, most everyone was wearing a suit. There's about 30 people there interviewing at the same time, but they split you into groups. Some groups interview first then do the tour. The whole thing started at 9am, and I didn't end up leaving till about 1. My group had the tour first. Current students walk you through the tour and they were all like the nicest people I've ever met, you can pretty much ask them any kind of question about the program you want. They were all really helpful. Everyone kept saying the interviews are laid back and are more like a conversation. But I think it really depends on who you get. The professor I had was new to the program, and she kept it pretty intense, asking some pretty tough questions.

The interview went well I think. It was definitely structured. I wore a dark blue suit and tie, most everyone was wearing a suit. There's about 30 people there interviewing at the same time, but they split you into groups. Some groups interview first then do the tour. The whole thing started at 9am, and I didn't end up leaving till about 1. My group had the tour first. Current students walk you through the tour and they were all like the nicest people I've ever met, you can pretty much ask them any kind of question about the program you want. They were all really helpful. Everyone kept saying the interviews are laid back and are more like a conversation. But I think it really depends on who you get. The professor I had was new to the program, and she kept it pretty intense, asking some pretty tough questions.

We definitely had the same interviewer! She was very intense.

Members don't see this ad :)
For you people who had your interview with University of Miami...when do you hear back?
Any recommendations for the interview (as I know you are obligated and legally not to supposed to share what they asked)?

Thank you!

Finally got an invite from UM to interview on Nov. 20th :) anybody else got an interview for that day as well?

I got an e-mail from UM this morning as well!! My first interview invite! They said they're setting up interviews for Nov. 20th and Dec. 4th. I chose the 20th.

Reactions: 1 users
Finally got an invite from UM to interview on Nov. 20th :) anybody else got an interview for that day as well?

congrats and good luck! when did you submit your supplemental app to UM?

congrats and good luck! when did you submit your supplemental app to UM?
My PTCAS app was processed 10/2 and I submitted the supp application 10/5 good luck I know how terrible this wait is!

My PTCAS app was processed 10/2 and I submitted the supp application 10/5 good luck I know how terrible this wait is!

well that dampens my spirit :'( I submitted my supplemental app 9/29

I designated Miami though PTCAS before the deadline of 10/15, but my PTCAS was only verified on 10/28 (submitted 9/30) and I still haven't heard from Miami that they received my materials. Will I still be considered for the program?

I designated Miami though PTCAS before the deadline of 10/15, but my PTCAS was only verified on 10/28 (submitted 9/30) and I still haven't heard from Miami that they received my materials. Will I still be considered for the program?

I'm the exact same way! I never knew/received a supplemental app from them either..

The wait is super grueling and hard...especially some of the schools that do not interview and wait till like December 14th to tell you!
Crazy! Good luck everyone!

I was there on 8/16 as well. I thought my interview went great, but haven't heard back in terms of an admissions deaccession. Did they say when they would let us know? or have you heard anything yet?

I was there on 8/16 as well. I thought my interview went great, but haven't heard back in terms of an admissions deaccession. Did they say when they would let us know? or have you heard anything yet?

You could hear anytime from the day after the interview until the day before class starts in May.

I've got my interview tomorrow for UM and I'm pretty excited. From what I've read in older posts they separate you into smaller groups but I was wondering do they do the actual interview with that small group at the same time, or do the faculty interview each person individually??

I had a one on one , but I've heard other people were placed in group interviews

I'm interviewing tomorrow as well. In my e-mail from UM it says I have a one-on-one interview with a faculty member. I'm not sure if that means everybody has a one-on-one or some are in groups.

I am also interviewing tomorrow as well. My email also stated that I would receive a one-on-one interview with a faculty member.

I had a 1-on-1 interview. It seemed that most people did while I was there. :) Good luck and have fun!

I also had a 1-on-1 interview. My interview date was in October. Everyone on that day had 1-on-1 interviews.

I just got invited for an interview, either in January or February. Is it better to do the interview earlier? Are there more spots open if I were to do the interview in January rather than February?

I feel like the earlier the better, UM is still a rolling admissions school, my interviewer said they would be meeting up for the first time in December and making their first offers. And if I am not contacted then, then expect a response anywhere from January to March. But I am sure they will be meeting up throughout that time and making offers to applicants.

I feel like the earlier the better, UM is still a rolling admissions school, my interviewer said they would be meeting up for the first time in December and making their first offers. And if I am not contacted then, then expect a response anywhere from January to March. But I am sure they will be meeting up throughout that time and making offers to applicants.

Did they say more or less what date? I was in the first interview group and advent heard anything at all.

I interviewed on 11/20 and I was told by one of the current students (note: not straight from a faculty member's mouth, so there's the possibility not all of this is 100% correct)...but for what it's worth...

He said the admissions committee met for the first time sometime in mid-November (before the 11/20) interview and they sent out around 10 admission offers. He said our interview group was the first group since the committee met, so we'd probably have to wait a while before hearing anything. There's an interview this Friday (12/4), so I imagine the committee will meet sometime after that and send out another round of admissions offers.

Take everything I just said with a grain of salt because that came from a current student. I don't think he'd have a reason to make that stuff up, but I also don't know if/why he'd have access to that type of admissions info. It contradicts what Katherine V. posted and she talked directly to a faculty member.

Just passing along what I heard.

Oh, btw, I don't know if anybody else mentioned it, but during our info session prior to the interview they told us that Miami received around 1,000 applications and were conducting 400 interviews for 60 spots. So if you get an interview, you've already made it past a pretty significant cut.

Did they say more or less what date? I was in the first interview group and advent heard anything at all.

No, she wasn't specific on a date, she just said they would be meeting up sometime in December. I was the second interview group that day.

Has anyone talked to admissions about the next time the adcom is going to meet?

I emailed the program on February 10th and was told that the adcom was still reviewing files and making decisions. Has anyone heard anything yet?

I emailed the program on February 10th and was told that the adcom was still reviewing files and making decisions. Has anyone heard anything yet?

I emailed them as well on Feb. 16th. They have rolling admissions and decisions are made throughout the application cycle through March 1, 2016. And they will contact via email when my application status has been made change.
So I guess we have to be more patient to wait a couple more weeks with crossed fingers!

I interviewed Nov. 20th and have not heard anything yet.

Received an e-mail today notifying me that I'm on the Alternate List at Miami. It said I'd be notified by Friday May 6th if a spot opened up. Not much of a window considering the first day of classes is May 16th!

Received an e-mail today notifying me that I'm on the Alternate List at Miami. It said I'd be notified by Friday May 6th if a spot opened up. Not much of a window considering the first day of classes is May 16th!

I got an email today being accepted but I am going to withdraw it. I hope that helps ya! I already got into my top school :)

Reactions: 2 users
Did anyone not hear back at all from Miami other than the generic "We received your application and supplemental material" email? They said they'd make decisions through March 1st, but I have not heard anything at all from them other than the email that they've received my stuff. And that email was all the way back in early November for me.

Did anyone not hear back at all from Miami other than the generic "We received your application and supplemental material" email? They said they'd make decisions through March 1st, but I have not heard anything at all from them other than the email that they've received my stuff. And that email was all the way back in early November for me.
I haven't heard anything yet either. I'm guessing a rejection letter is coming this week considering people have been notified of a wait-list.

I haven't heard anything yet either. I'm guessing a rejection letter is coming this week considering people have been notified of a wait-list.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I did get into one of my top choices, so I'm thrilled about that. I'm just curious on why there's such a long delay in regards to hearing back from UM. If they're going to reject us, they should just reject us sooner so we're not left wondering in the dark, thinking that we still have a chance.