university of Miami

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BRooney

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard from the U recently? Has anyone been rejected if you do not mind me asking. I interviewed Dec. 3rd and know people who have heard already from that interview date and was just wondering if anyone else had. Thank you and good luck to those that are interviewing in the coming weeks.

Members don't see this ad.

I also interviewed on 12/3 and have not heard a word, although I thought my interview went pretty well.
I'm assuming that translates into a 'no', but you never know for sure.
I do know someone from that same interview date who received an offer of admission.

How many people have you heard got in from that date? Where else are you hoping to get in or have been accepted?

Members don't see this ad :)
I only know of the one guy who got accepted.
I got offers so far from Northwestern, Pitt, UIC and Washington University

Congratulations on your acceptances that is awesome. Where are you leaning towards? ALL of your hard work has paid off.

I received a letter from the Miller School of Medicine that they had decided to not even interview me for the Spring 2011 semester. I didn't realize my application was that bad. I was disappointed. Maybe next year.

Kevin

Heard today actually. :D If offered acceptance, you will recieve a certified letter in the mail that requres a non-refundable $500 deposit within 7 days. Students with pending pre-requisites that meet the criteria are usually offered a conditional acceptance pending on whether or not the student earns a B or better in the remaining prerequsite(s). I wouldn't worry just yet, acceptance letters are sent out well into the middle of March. That's around the time I was accepted when I applied last year. So lookout for the (snail) mail and if you get a UPS slip you weren't expecting, it's probably your acceptance letter! :xf:

Hey BRooney. Can you guess who I am? ;) Small world huh!? First of all thank god for this site, I use it all the time! Secondly, I haven't heard a word from the U, but they said we wouldn't hear until March so we can't freak out yet! Oh yeah, and belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

I actually just received an email yesterday from Miami notifying me of my acceptance! I was definitely not expecting it since they said they would notify us around march and by regular mail. It was an unexpected surprise :)

I also interviewed on Dec 3rd and I haven't heard from them yet. I know someone who interviewed in Nov. who got accepted.