University of Michigan Acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nixon13

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
WOOHOO I GOT IN!!!:D I was so depressed last night because my inbox lacked an acceptance letter from Indiana...but IDC anymore becaue UofM is my #1!!! GOod luck and Congrats to everybody!

Members don't see this ad.

hey congrats!! did they just call you? i hope i hear from them today too!! ahhh

Members don't see this ad :)
they tried to call me but i didnt answer and my voicemail was full so Patty sent me an email to call them!

i got the call a little bit ago! I was at work so i had to remain calm but am sooo pumped now!

congrats to everyone else!

UofM and UDMercy!! Yahooooooooo!:soexcited::clap::hardy:

I just got accepted, they called me at 9:25 central time and they said a letter with info will be on the way. Congrats to everyone!

Im going to dental school!!!! So stoked!!!! Congrats to all and good luck to those who really want it!

Michigan baby!!! Man, I am so excited. Congrats to everyone.

Members don't see this ad :)
They awoke me from deep blissful sleep at 7:20am, but I guess I'll forgive them ;)

Congrats everyone!

anyone get the acceptance from Nov.21st interview date?

They told us we probably won't be notified by Dec. 1st but just wondering since I am very anxious to find out the results.

And congrats to you all who already got accepted!

I spoke to Michigan on the phone this morning and they said that if you interviewed in November they will not be reviewing your application for a week or two and you will hear by the end of December.

thanks for the info. Appreciate it.

So, if you were interviewed anytime in November, then you definitely won't hear anything today?

This contradicts what Pattie told us at the Nov. 7th interview. She said that if we would get accepted, they would call us Dec. 1st and that if we were waitlisted, they would send us an e-mail.

Has anyone who interviewed Nov. 7th heard anything from Michigan today?

Thanks.

Do you think I would have a better chance of getting accepted if I interviewed this Friday (Dec. 5th) instead of Jan 12th? They originally put me in January but I just got an email today that they have an opening for this coming Friday. I don't know what to do!!!

I interviewed on Nov. 7th and did not hear anything. I called this morning and was told they haven't reviewed people interviewed after November.

So, if you were interviewed anytime in November, then you definitely won't hear anything today?

This contradicts what Pattie told us at the Nov. 7th interview. She said that if we would get accepted, they would call us Dec. 1st and that if we were waitlisted, they would send us an e-mail.

Thanks.

Do you think I would have a better chance of getting accepted if I interviewed this Friday (Dec. 5th) instead of Jan 12th? They originally put me in January but I just got an email today that they have an opening for this coming Friday. I don't know what to do!!!
If you are able, take the earlier date. Their interview process is very low stress and it's probably better to get in as early as possible.

ygenome,

Do you mean that they haven't reviewed people who interviewed in November? Just wanted to clarify, because you said "after November."

I just tried to call, but no one answered.

aww I had the Nov7th interview date and they said they'd notify by dec1. i guess not...boo!

Anyone know if Michigan is still making phone calls or is anyone who hasn't heard from them doomed to a waitlist?

I interviewed at Michigan on November 7th and when I called she opened my file and said no one that interviewed in November has been reviewed.

I'm IN!! yesssssssssuh

Thanks Jim Halpert for the clarification.....did she say when we would receive notification then?

That is odd because I distinctly remember Pattie saying we would hear something Dec. 1st...

Thanks Jim Halpert for the clarification.....did she say when we would receive notification then?

That is odd because I distinctly remember Pattie saying we would hear something Dec. 1st...

yeah i was there on nov. 7th too and remember pattie saying that. they probably just got behind on reviewing all of the apps and didn't get to finish looking at them..

I was a Nov. 7th interview as well and didn't hear anything. I guess its a good sign that no body that interview on 11/7 got notified yet -- means we still have a shot, I was just gonna give up hope because Patti definitely said Dec. 1st (I even wrote it down!)...oh well - guess I'll look forward to a surprise phone call in the next few days or weeks.

For those of you who actually called and got the info - thanks!

Thanks.

i haven't heard anything yet either...but my transcripts got there really late because my school had a problem processing my request, so I don't know if that held up my application or if it's bc of the interview date

Congrats to all those who got in and good luck to those who are still waiting! Be Patient and dont try to predict what is going on. It will drive you crazy, I know because Ive been there.

Im pretty much 95 percent sure on Michigan right now.

Does anyone know where i can get a Michigan dental t shirt online? I wanna get one for my dad for christmas. He was more excited than me!

Lets make this the official michigan acceptance thread!
Is there a facebook group already?

GO WOLVERINES

yay michigan!!! i got the call dec 1st too!! im so happy for all of u guys as well!!:love:

Congrats to all those who got in and good luck to those who are still waiting! Be Patient and dont try to predict what is going on. It will drive you crazy, I know because Ive been there.

Im pretty much 95 percent sure on Michigan right now.

Does anyone know where i can get a Michigan dental t shirt online? I wanna get one for my dad for christmas. He was more excited than me!

Lets make this the official michigan acceptance thread!
Is there a facebook group already?

GO WOLVERINES

I just got my shirt yesterday. they have them at the local steve & barrys. so maybe check their website. They're going out of business soon (not sure if our store or entire chain) and everything at our location is on sale.

At this point I'm 97 percent sure about Michigan. It's a hard school to pass up. I loved Temple and really think I would be happy there but Michigan is Michigan.

Apparently Steve and Barrys doesn't have an online store. No wonder they are going out of business. Plus everything is under 2 bucks in the store anyways. Anywhere else I could score a Michigan Dental shirt?

STOKED about Michigan. Can't wait to meet everyone, hit up Ann Arbor in the fall, and tailgating football games!

Last edited:
I finally decided that I'm going to Michigan as well. Any recommendation for apartment around campus? Congrats everyone!!