University of Michigan Pediatrics Fellowship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mofeen

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any info on this program? Good experience? Well respected? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Although I don't go to the program myself I have talked to several of the fellows and have heard a lot of good things about the fellowship. Dr. Malviya serves as one of the chiefs and is highly respected within the pediatric anesthesia community. Plus, the University of Michigan name carries a lot of weight when it comes to the job search. The fellows seem very satisfied with the program and the program director, Dr. Reynolds, seems to really go out of his way to make sure that people remain happy. By far their biggest strength is the cardiac experience. Dr. Bove is one of the pioneers of the field of peds cardiac surgery and the volume that the anesthesiology fellows see is huge. Although you end up spending a lot of time doing mostly bigger cases initially, I think the program is pretty accommodating in letting you spend time later on in the fellowship in the bread and butter, quick turnover rooms, especially if you know you are going into private practice. I also know that traditionally they have primarily filled their fellowship from residents within U of M. Hope this helps. Anyone with firsthand experience with the fellowship would of course be much more knowledgeable.