University of Michigan Pharm. D in 1.5 years

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ACE Rx

Super Senior Member
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is going to be a very bizarre question and I was wondering if anyone knew the answer to this.

I spoke with a friend today who said that one of our old acquaintances just got into the University of Michigan Pharm.D program and will graduate in 1.5 years.

I called B.S. on this one. The shortest I have ever heard of is accelerated 3 year programs and those are extremely hard enough as it is. Is there something unknown that I've never heard of that you can graduate in 1.5 years with a Pharm.D. or is this 100% B.S.?

Some information on this person if it helps any. Went to community college for a few years, took some nursing and dental hygiene courses and is now in pharmacy school.

Members don't see this ad.

Pigs-Fly-Clipart.jpg

Members don't see this ad :)
Maybe some kind of an international program for people who already have a pharmacy degree? Would still be hard to believe, so I say BS.

Maybe some kind of an international program for people who already have a pharmacy degree? Would still be hard to believe, so I say BS.

I highly doubt she is in an international program so I call BS.

And yes: I am ACE Rx and I approve the fun mental image. :D

The only way I think a PharmD can be obtained in 1.5 years is if the person already has a BS in Pharmacy and is an RPh. There are such programs that exist out there - I'm not sure if it can be done in 1.5 years though.

This is going to be a very bizarre question and I was wondering if anyone knew the answer to this.

I spoke with a friend today who said that one of our old acquaintances just got into the University of Michigan Pharm.D program and will graduate in 1.5 years.

I called B.S. on this one. The shortest I have ever heard of is accelerated 3 year programs and those are extremely hard enough as it is. Is there something unknown that I've never heard of that you can graduate in 1.5 years with a Pharm.D. or is this 100% B.S.?

Some information on this person if it helps any. Went to community college for a few years, took some nursing and dental hygiene courses and is now in pharmacy school.

I have a friend from the University of Alaska who said you can get a PharmD there in just over a year and even better, most of the retail chains and even some of the hospitals will pay you while you're in school there so you don't have any school loans at all.

I have a friend from the University of Alaska who said you can get a PharmD there in just over a year and even better, most of the retail chains and even some of the hospitals will pay you while you're in school there so you don't have any school loans at all.

Really?!?! Sign me up!!! :laugh:

Really?!?! Sign me up!!! :laugh:

Me too! I would be happy to spend a year there and spending time with walruses and polar bears. :love:

+1 rofl

MM900283911.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
APPE alone sucks almost a year of your time. This person is lying.

It is probably an upgrade from a BS pharmacy degree to a PharmD and not a full PharmD course

Me too! I would be happy to spend a year there and spending time with walruses and polar bears. :love:

Oh, and I heard that you're guaranteed a job with a salary of at least $180k, great benefits, and a $50,000 sign-on bonus! Someone please let me know about this program...I'm really interested! :laugh: