University of Michigan vs Washington State University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bibi87

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all, hopefully there will be some input from you guys. I got accepted into both school and having a hard time to decide between UM and Washington State Univ (WSU). They are both great and good to me. Dont know which one should i go for? If anyone is currently going to UM, can you please tell me if you like the school as well as those going to Washington. Thank you for your time.

Members don't see this ad.

UM is certainly a great school. They have a great PharmD program and Ann Arbor is a nice town to live in. If you're attending as an out-of-state student, however, your tuition and living expenses may cost you an arm and a leg.

I did my undergrad at WSU and am going there this fall for Pharm school. WSU is a great pharmacy school. Im not sure where you did your interview but Pullman (first 2 years) is a small town pretty much wheat fields and a college lol but I love Pullman you get a real feel of community and closeness there. Spokane is a bigger city and has great hospitals if your intrested in clinical (lots of opportunities there)
Hope that helps.