University of Michigan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TigersWings

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering what my chances are of getting into UM. My GPA is 3.43 (calculated by World Education Services), but 3.71 from my school. Scored in the 91st composite PCAT with 4.5 written. Have some volunteer work in a science lab in my school, as well as at a local hospital on the oncology floor. Thanks! Hoping for good news!!

Members don't see this ad.

My friend's sister got accepted with similar stats as yours.

I had similar stats as yours + 2 years of research experience and I got in. Apply early since U of M is rolling admissions and do well in the interviews - you'll be fine.

Members don't see this ad :)
I met with one of the councelors, Mark, he was a really nice guy and said with my stats 3.8 gpa and 74 PCAT I had a good chance with the rest on my credentials. He says to not worry so much about scores and that they look at you as a WHOLE package. I'm still nervous to apply though.

do we need to turn in both the supplemental and PharmCAS at the same time to be able to interview?

Im curious about whether or not the supplemental app has to be sent prior to an interview being offered. They have my application, but am still working on their essay. I just want to get it done and submitted so I can stop worrying about it.

You don't need to turn them in at the same time, but you will not be considered for an interview until you've completed and sent in both applications.