university of michigan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gems

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi all,

does anyone know how many students are admitted in the ITDP at University of Michigan each year?

Members don't see this ad.

gems said:
hi all,

does anyone know how many students are admitted in the ITDP at University of Michigan each year?

any clue abt the ITDP at univ of michigan??

last year they admitted 8students... that was their first batch....

Members don't see this ad :)
thanx for the info..when do they start calling for interview?any clue how many they call?

it is by email confirmation only. its jan 9,10. pretty extensive interview. sounds fun!

anyone know how many people where interviewed last year?

Chompers said:
it is by email confirmation only. its jan 9,10. pretty extensive interview. sounds fun!

Hi Chompers ,
Did you get a interview call form U Mich for 9 & 10 jan 2006.
Good luck with the interview :thumbup:
Bye
Sophiadoc

hi chompers,

u gotta call??
all the best!!

Chompers said:

hi chompers
did u get the interview call from u michi for this year...plz do reply bcz even iam waiting for the same...
thanks

yes, ill be there the 9th & 10th. thanks.

no calls. its by email confirmation this week.

anyone who went last year know how many were interviewed?

Chompers said:

What are your scores Chompers ?
Thank you.

Chompers said:

Congrats chompers,

last year they had called 24 people for 8 seats

Sanju said:
Congrats chompers,

last year they had called 24 people for 8 seats

hi Sanju,

thanx for the info. can u throw some light on their interview?how is it like?how tough?
i am still waiting to hear frm them.

I got the invitation email too, I'm curious to see how many will be interviewd, I just came back from the Pacific interview, 80-90 applicants were there for the interview and test

Members don't see this ad :)
gems said:
hi Sanju,

thanx for the info. can u throw some light on their interview?how is it like?how tough?

this is what they did last year. i have no clue abt this years process. hope this helps.

UMich interview process was very intense. the first day in the morning, they had mini monitered interviews in which you have 6 spots and a faculty member sitting at each spot with a written scenario. you have to discuss that scenario with the faculty member for 7 mins. the scenario may be dental (ethical issues in dentistry, excessive use of xrays whether reqd or not etc.) or non dental. the 2nd part of the morning was a simulated patient exercise where a common man, non-dentist will be sitting with a scenario as if he/she were a patient and has some issue with the treatment or payment and you have to try and convince them as a dentist. you get 110 mins to do it.

the 2nd half of the 1st day was a case based written exam like the 2nd day of part 2 NDB. we had 10 cases each with case histories, xrays, models and photographs and were asked 6-7 ques on each. we got 20 mins per case

the 2nd day was the practical exam in which we had to do a pfm on #12, MOD amlagam prep on #3, MOD amalgam prep with filling on #14, class 3 composite prep on #8, Class 4 compoite prep and filling on #9. we were given 3 hours to do all this. materials were supplied to us. we did not need to carry anything.

please feel free to ask me anything. i am currently in india and so do not check my mails regularly. so i might take a few days to reply.

gems said:
hi Sanju,

i have no clue abt this years process. hope this helps.

Sanju said:
the 2nd day was the practical exam in which we had to do a pfm on #12, MOD amlagam prep on #3, MOD amalgam prep with filling on #14, class 3 composite prep on #8, Class 4 compoite prep and filling on #9. we were given 3 hours to do all this. materials were supplied to us. we did not need to carry anything.

What are their expectations for the practical exam ? Do they really expect all these preparations to be preparation in only 3 hours?

Sanju said:
this is what they did last year. i have no clue abt this years process. hope this helps.

UMich interview process was very intense. the first day in the morning, they had mini monitered interviews in which you have 6 spots and a faculty member sitting at each spot with a written scenario. you have to discuss that scenario with the faculty member for 7 mins. the scenario may be dental (ethical issues in dentistry, excessive use of xrays whether reqd or not etc.) or non dental. the 2nd part of the morning was a simulated patient exercise where a common man, non-dentist will be sitting with a scenario as if he/she were a patient and has some issue with the treatment or payment and you have to try and convince them as a dentist. you get 110 mins to do it.

the 2nd half of the 1st day was a case based written exam like the 2nd day of part 2 NDB. we had 10 cases each with case histories, xrays, models and photographs and were asked 6-7 ques on each. we got 20 mins per case

hello sanju
when iam trying to give u private message its saying that ur mail box is full and unless u clear some of the messages i cant send it to u
thank you
bye

hi sanju,

thanx a lot for the detailed review of the interview process.
i hope it wud help many.
any idea on wht scores do they call?
how strict r they with the practicals?
is it hand held?

gems

kilani said:
What are their expectations for the practical exam ? Do they really expect all these preparations to be preparation in only 3 hours?

know the practical exam had a lot of weightage in last years admission process.

sanju

last year they had called a range right from 85-93(thats the highest i know) . am not sure about this year.

All the best to all coming to Umich for the interview in Jan. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

hi sanju,

was the case based written exam muliple choiced?

thanx
Sanju said:

Hi all..
all the best for the upcoming michigan interview.. :thumbup:
seems a fairly tough practical test!!!!! :idea:
ta

gems said:
hi sanju,

thanx

gems said:
hi sanju,

thanx

hi,

I cannot remember. i think some questions were and in some we had to write short answers. .

sanju

Hello Everyone,
I got an email invitation for the interview on Jan 9 and 10. I does seem to be a very intense too.
Hey it would be great if we could discuss this interview in more detail. Is anyone interested in forming a study group for the interview???
Please let me know
Thanks
PK_Bond

Hey,

I too got a call for the interview and testing .It seems like an intense 2 days. Anyone have any idea how to prepare for it?And is anyone going from the Bay area?If so plz pm me.

ckvk

i got a call for the interview as well . this one seems like the most difficult of all the interviews i have attended so far. good luck to all those invited.

seems like selected few are being invited by the University of Michigan for the interview. Could you guys please post your stats so that the rest of us get an idea?

thanks

gems said:
seems like selected few are being invited by the University of Michigan for the interview. Could you guys please post your stats so that the rest of us get an idea?

thanks

hi ! my stats
nbde-90
toefl 280
gpa-2.3

just wanted to let u know that even with as low a GPA as mine ..u still have
chances....i had given up after being rejected from 3 schools but was pleasantly surprised to recieve the invitation ..so anyone in similar shoes dont lose hope. Good luck!

lincgin said:
hi ! my stats
nbde-90
toefl 280
gpa-2.3

chances....i had given up after being rejected from 3 schools but was pleasantly surprised to recieve the invitation ..so anyone in similar shoes dont lose hope. Good luck!

My Stats are
NBDE Part 1 - 91
TOEFL - 283
GPA - 3.56

I just called UofM and I am on the interview alternate list. Apparently, they have called their first batch and are waiting to see who accepts the interview call. If there is space available, they will call alternates from their second batch. For those of you invited and are not planning on attending, please let them know so those of us in the second batch have the opportunity. I know results from UIC, UCSF, and UofP, Boston, and UPenn are expected soon so please adjust accordingly. Best of luck to those invited!!

PK_Bond said:
My Stats are
NBDE Part 1 - 91
TOEFL - 283
GPA - 3.56

sophiadoc said:
Hi Chompers ,
Did you get a interview call form U Mich for 9 & 10 jan 2006.
Good luck with the interview :thumbup:
Bye
Sophiadoc

Hey,

I am going to the Michigan interview also and would like to get to know more people who are going there. Do you know anything about the interview?

Hey guys,
Does anyone know if the pre-clinical exam for Michigan is done on a manikan or just the typhodont? Also, is anyone from Canada going to Michigan?

This is what I know so far, there are again 8seats and they are calling 36people.

Hey,

I just got the call and I am so tensed also. I really don't know where to start. I would be so relieved to find someone to study with or just discuss stuff with. If you are interested let me know, also any info you have as to how to prepair for the interview would be appreciated. Thankx

Good Luck to all going for the Michigan interview!!!! :thumbup:
tzz

cinamone said:
Hey,

I just got the call and I am so tensed also. I really don't know where to start. I would be so relieved to find someone to study with or just discuss stuff with. If you are interested let me know, also any info you have as to how to prepair for the interview would be appreciated. Thankx

cinamone said:
Hey,

Hey Cinamone,
You can PM me and we can work out a schedule for discussions.
Thanks

Hey Guys..

anyone else called at Michigan?..seems they have a long list of people on the alternate calling list as well!!
Good Luck
gn

Desi-Dentist said:
I just called UofM and I am on the interview alternate list. Apparently, they have called their first batch and are waiting to see who accepts the interview call. If there is space available, they will call alternates from their second batch. For those of you invited and are not planning on attending, please let them know so those of us in the second batch have the opportunity. I know results from UIC, UCSF, and UofP, Boston, and UPenn are expected soon so please adjust accordingly. Best of luck to those invited!!

hello guys,
i too got an email just today for UMICH interview on 9th and 10th.i am looking for a roomate for atleat one day or both days.if some has already booked a hotel or anyone willing to share, please message me.
Thanks

I withdrew from my interview at UMich today...so I guess someone's gonna hear from them soon :)

ALL THE BEST to those going to UMich in jan :thumbup:

sorry folks,i might sound dumb here,but have to ask this.Will the bench test in umich be conducted on manikins or will it be a table top exercise?Also are they opening up their lab a few days before for the candidates to practice (as ucsf did for their session).Any input will be highly appreciated.
Good Luck

damast said:
hello guys,
i too got an email just today for UMICH interview on 9th and 10th.i am looking for a roomate for atleat one day or both days.if some has already booked a hotel or anyone willing to share, please message me.
Thanks
hi damast .....where r u going to be commin from actually im interested in sharing the room but only with a female r u a female? sorry silly question ...contact me on 989-773-8253 or pm me ....

Hey guys,

To those going to Michigan, how are the preparation coming along? I am still kind of confused about the interview. Is it sufficient if I go through the part 2 dental decks? Any clearification would help!

we dont have any input from anywhere.The interview seems pretty extensive;prepration might just not include dental decks because decks prepare us for taking standardized tests like national boards,not for the kind of interview umich is having.i think we have to rely more on knowledge gained throughout our denatl school.But anyways goin through dental decks is the best we can do at this moment and for that also we dont have sufficient time!Thats my opinion...might be different from what others think.

Also,does anyone has any idea how many seats are there this time amd how many candidates they have called this time.

cinamone said:
Hey guys,

To those going to Michigan, how are the preparation coming along? I am still kind of confused about the interview. Is it sufficient if I go through the part 2 dental decks? Any clearification would help!

lincgin said:
hi ! my stats
nbde-90
toefl 280
gpa-2.3

hii there ...
cud u plz tell me ur experience time...back home as well as in america...

dil said:
hii there ...
cud u plz tell me ur experience time...back home as well as in america...
hi dil
would appreciate if u could be a little more elaborate/specific with ur query.