University of Michigan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Question for anyone who has applied to u of m:

I'm planning to apply for next year but I need help finding someone to speak to regarding the prereqs. I was speaking to someone there and they told me a handful of my classes don't transfer, which I don't believe actually is the case, because I think one course # changed and he said I have to take a lab which I actually did complete. However, it took over a month for me to get a response back the first time and I've waited 2 weeks now no response. I asked to set up an appointment to go over it in person but was told its a busy time of year and to communicate via email, which is not working out for me. I also get no response when I call. I emailed him again to ask to set up an appointment,
Which was never responded to. However, I have a coworker who emailed him on the same day for a question of her own and he sent her an email back but not me.

All I want to do is sit down and talk to someone to be 100% sure before I start retaking classes so I can apply... But I really don't know what to do since the person in charge is making this impossible. Does ANYONE know of someone else in the university capable of helping out a hopeful student? Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Question for anyone who has applied to u of m:

I'm planning to apply for next year but I need help finding someone to speak to regarding the prereqs. I was speaking to someone there and they told me a handful of my classes don't transfer, which I don't believe actually is the case, because I think one course # changed and he said I have to take a lab which I actually did complete. However, it took over a month for me to get a response back the first time and I've waited 2 weeks now no response. I asked to set up an appointment to go over it in person but was told its a busy time of year and to communicate via email, which is not working out for me. I also get no response when I call. I emailed him again to ask to set up an appointment,
Which was never responded to. However, I have a coworker who emailed him on the same day for a question of her own and he sent her an email back but not me.

All I want to do is sit down and talk to someone to be 100% sure before I start retaking classes so I can apply... But I really don't know what to do since the person in charge is making this impossible. Does ANYONE know of someone else in the university capable of helping out a hopeful student? Thanks in advance!
Yeah...they're really not the best about getting back to students. I chose to go to a different school but originally when I was dealing with getting my coursework approved I had to call incessantly. But another person you can contact is Tammy Clark-Reed. Her email is <[email protected]> She's a secretary of the admissions office I believe. Good luck!

Yeah...they're really not the best about getting back to students. I chose to go to a different school but originally when I was dealing with getting my coursework approved I had to call incessantly. But another person you can contact is Tammy Clark-Reed. Her email is <[email protected]> She's a secretary of the admissions office I believe. Good luck!

Thank you so much! I will try to email her and hope she's a little bit more compassionate than the rest of the faculty. The 2 pharmacists I knew who went there also completed their undergrad at U of M, and both of them were basically handed the position.... so when I asked about who to contact they were clueless.

Members don't see this ad :)
Applicants that were deferred a couple months ago....anyone hear back? I thought final decisions would be made now, since the last interviews were a few weeks ago....but I haven't had any updates for almost a month and a half....I'm trying to stay strong and hold on to a small glimmer of hope

I spoke to Mark Nelson a week ago, and he said that interviews have now concluded and that applicants are making their final decisions. He said that those who still remain deferred (he says there is only about 26 people) will be put on a wait list. And he said within the week we should receive an email. From there, we are given the choice of staying on the list or asking to be removed. That is all I know so far.

I spoke to Mark Nelson a week ago, and he said that interviews have now concluded and that applicants are making their final decisions. He said that those who still remain deferred (he says there is only about 26 people) will be put on a wait list. And he said within the week we should receive an email. From there, we are given the choice of staying on the list or asking to be removed. That is all I know so far.

Cool, thanks so much for letting me know. I spoke with him too, but that was almost 3 weeks ago, and was told I'd hear a decision very soon....

I suppose they'll have to let us know sooner or later. Yeah, that's pretty similar to what he told me, but that there were only 20 people on the list (it must have gotten higher after the last interview, though). Good luck to you, if U of M is your top choice.It sure is mine...it's really a life changing decision for me whether I get in or not...so hoping for the best....

Yes, it's my number one school too! I'm just wondering how many people are usually accepted off of the wait list, and when they hear. I just don't want to have to wait much longer!

I am now on the "alternate list"....really bummed out...anyone know anything about this list? Does it typically stay stagnant at a school like U of M? Thanks

Hey Everyone!

The University of Michigan Pharmacy Student Ambassadors program has a forum available for anyone to ask questions and current Michigan students will respond to. You can anonymously ask anything from the application process to what it is like being a pharmacy student. The forum can be accessed at: http://umcop.tumblr.com/. We welcome all questions and are happy to give you as much advice as we can.

Times New Roman, Size 12

I did not go to UM for undergrad. I had several extracurricular activities, including being a ranking officer of a club that I helped start. I also worked with a pharmaceutical company for awhile. Finally, I performed well in the interview. Hope that helps.

Hi, I'm a prospective student who is interested in the pharmacy program at the University of Michigan. I was hoping I could ask you a couple questions, I'm not sure if you still use this site. I'm also new the site and I tried to send you a direct message but it is not allowing me to.

I look forward to hearing back from you.