University of Minnesota C/o 2023

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

slothsrule89

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen a thread created. Anyone applying to Minnesota?

They are 43% full currently.

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone know the current admission stats as of now? how many seats have filled up thus far

Members don't see this ad :)
They've interviewed about 200 so far and there were about 20 in my group interview day. Minnesota didn't say how many seats have filled up, but they did say they've made ~70% of the offers.

Reactions: 1 user
Did you interview at the Duluth or Twin Cities campus? How would you describe the interview?

I interviewed at Twin Cities, and they did a video link with the Duluth campus for the introductions and the admissions overview. It followed the sample interview UMinnesota had on their website. Overall very relaxed, and the admissions team do a great job with Q/A and there was warm cookies from Insomnia!

The current students (year 2 and up) are all very involved with work/internships/clubs if you have questions about IPPE/APPE/career opportunities. Didn't have as much time to speak with faculty (no Q/A session), so your exposure to the research experience is limited to what the students can provide.

The faculty interview was more in depth/comprehensive, since they go through all the questions (10-15) they are
assigned in those 45 minutes. I was assigned a single interviewer, and this appears to be the norm for all candidates. The interviewer will work in a field you've expressed an interest in (I believe via the information filled on the additional supplemental on PharmCAS). There will be time left over for an informal Q&A session with your interviewer. The questions are your standard of "Why pharmacy", "Challenges you've face" and similar.

Let me know if you have any other questions!