University of Minnesota c/o 2025

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vetsquared

UMN CVM c/o 2025
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I didn't see a thread for University of Minnesota applicants this year, so I figured I would get one started!

OOS, first time applicant. Who else is applying?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
First time OOS!!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
First time applying to UMN, second time overall, OOS non-trad over here!

OOS, first time applying to schools other than AVC. I’m curious where else UMN applicants tend to apply. I’m also applying to AVC, Wisconsin, MSU, CSU, Cornell, Purdue, and SGU - how about you all?

OOS, first time applying to schools other than AVC. I’m curious where else UMN applicants tend to apply. I’m also applying to AVC, Wisconsin, MSU, CSU, Cornell, Purdue, and SGU - how about you all?
This is my second year applying, I'm an OOS non-traditional student. This is my first year applying to UMN, but I'm also applying to a mix of repeats & new schools. My list has been primarily based on either likelihood of admission (including positive feedback from file reviews) or comparatively low tuition/living costs. For this year, I'm applying to Cornell, Auburn, Illinois, VAMD, Wisconsin, Michigan State, Purdue, Ohio, Iowa, Penn, and KSU. I honestly didn't realize how much my list skewed Midwest until about 4 days ago, despite having spent all but 2 months of my life firmly on the East Coast...

I just realized UMN is my only school that doesn't show up on VMCAS as having received my GRE, even though I just checked my order and I definitely sent it to the right code. Is anyone else experiencing this? My other schools all got it on June 3rd.

I just realized UMN is my only school that doesn't show up on VMCAS as having received my GRE, even though I just checked my order and I definitely sent it to the right code. Is anyone else experiencing this? My other schools all got it on June 3rd.
UMN doesn't show your score on VMCAS, they're sent directly to the school rather than through VMCAS (at least they should have been). During the Admissions Q&A last month, we were told we would be informed if our GRE scores were missing, but you can always e-mail them to confirm.

• Love
UMN doesn't show your score on VMCAS, they're sent directly to the school rather than through VMCAS (at least they should have been). During the Admissions Q&A last month, we were told we would be informed if our GRE scores were missing, but you can always e-mail them to confirm.
Ahh thank you!! I sent them directly to another school as well and that school put them up on VMCAS, so I thought UMN would have done so as well! That’s a big relief!

I am applying to UMN, Wisconsin, Iowa State, KSU, CSU and Midwestern. I already got accepted to Midwestern, but I am hoping to get into Minnesota. Love the snow!

Has anyone received an update on the status of their application yet (received, under review, etc...)?? Trying to keep track of all of the schools I've applied to but can't find an email from them saying anything other than info sessions.

Has anyone received an update on the status of their application yet (received, under review, etc...)?? Trying to keep track of all of the schools I've applied to but can't find an email from them saying anything other than info sessions.
I haven't heard anything other than the webinar series they are conducting

I don't think we would hear from them until January

Members don't see this ad :)
I went back and looked through my emails and it looks like when I applied (which was 5 years ago, so take this with a grain of salt), I did not receive any emails beyond the application confirmation/payment confirmation and an email from Violeta about a potential missing course. Then nothing until my interview invite in January.

It has been earlier than January the past few years, so could be late December.

They said in an email and in an info session I attended that we won’t hear anything until January. We will either receive an interview invite or a rejection at that time!

IS, first time applicant! Current UMN undergrad student, so if anyone has any questions about what it's like here in Minnesota or at UMN, I'd be glad to answer.

Just got an OOS interview invite!!! Was not expecting anything today so was very pleasantly surprised to see that email!

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Just got an OOS interview invite!!! Was not expecting anything today so was very pleasantly surprised to see that email!

+1! Didn't expect to hear from them so early!

Reactions: 5 users
Same boat!!

Reactions: 4 users
OOS interview!!! My boss and I are celebrating with a kitten exam!! 🥰🥰🥰

Reactions: 9 users
OOS interview invite!

Reactions: 3 users
OOS interview invite!

Reactions: 4 users
OOS interview invite!! One of my top choices😆 im so excited!! Hope I ace the interview🙏🏻 Does anyone have tips for the interview?? Thanks in advance ☺️

OOS interview invite!! One of my top choices😆 im so excited!! Hope I ace the interview🙏🏻 Does anyone have tips for the interview?? Thanks in advance ☺️
Just be yourself - there aren't right and wrong answers in behavioral interviews, they want to see how you react to different situations and what skills you've developed along the way. Don't think that every answer has to be related to vet med - some of our biggest learning experiences come from things outside the clinic :)

Rooting for all of you!!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
OOS interview invite! So excited!

OOS!

just curious but does anyone know how many interview invites they send out each year?

I’m IS and also got an interview invite today! Also, when I filled out the interview scheduling survey the confirmation email has a subject for OOS interviews. I put on the survey that I’m in-state, but wondering if any other IS got emails today? Worried I’m accidentally in the wrong pool somehow and thinking I should reach out and make sure they know I’m IS!

WHAT OMG, OOS INTERVIEW INVITE!!! Do I really stand a shot of getting in somewhere this year?!?! I can’t believe it!

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
I went to go confirm my OOS interview invite today. Anyone else as confused as I am when I comes to the phonetic spelling of your name? I've never even heard of that before and even google is confusing me. 🙃

I
I went to go confirm my OOS interview invite today. Anyone else as confused as I am when I comes to the phonetic spelling of your name? I've never even heard of that before and even google is confusing me. 🙃
It just means write your name how you want it pronounced :)
For example my name is Anna and I wrote “Anne-ah” instead of “ah-n-ah”

Haha I left it blank because I have no idea how I’d do that for my name.

I

It just means write your name how you want it pronounced :)
For example my name is Anna and I wrote “Anne-ah” instead of “ah-n-ah”
Okay, that makes it alot easier. That's how I had done it originally but then I saw there are alot of weird symbols and rules and different types of phonetic spelling so it made me really question if I was doing it right or not. 😂
Thank you!

Okay, that makes it alot easier. That's how I had done it originally but then I saw there are alot of weird symbols and rules and different types of phonetic spelling so it made me really question if I was doing it right or not. 😂
Thank you!
You can use IPA (e.g. John Nguyen = dʒɑn ŋwɪn) if you want to be precise, but the people reading it probably aren't very familiar with it either, so it's easiest for everyone to just spell it in the way that has the least ambiguous pronunciation in English (e.g. Jon Nwin)

Has anyone gotten their scheduled time yet? Just wanna make sure I didn't type something wrong and fall through the cracks lol

Has anyone gotten their scheduled time yet? Just wanna make sure I didn't type something wrong and fall through the cracks lol
Nothing yet for me either! LOL
I believe they said that they would give us the time no later than January 11th!

Nothing yet. Excited to hear from them tomorrow. OOS and my top school! Very excited and wishing everyone else luck!

I'm guessing you'll hear tomorrow, I think they just finished making the interview schedules at the end of last week/over the weekend.

Don't quote me on that, I'm not in charge of things.

Reactions: 2 users
Got my interview date/time I'm so happy that I can actually attend some of the pre-interview info sessions! I was so sad that I couldn't attend any of their sessions throughout the fall/winter because I was always working during them. Hopefully I'll see some of you guys! I registered for the 1/25 info session, the 2/1 panel, and the 2/2 virtual tour, which I'm especially looking forward to! I'm so excited/nervous because this is like my #1 school choice

If anyone is going to the panel on 1/26 from 12-1 or the meet & greet on 2/3 in the evening, say heyo to ya girl here!
Registered the 1/26 panel, so excited to see you and some of the fellow c/o 2025 hopefuls!!

• Love
If anyone is going to the panel on 1/26 from 12-1 or the meet & greet on 2/3 in the evening, say heyo to ya girl here!
Aw I was hoping to meet you at the evening panel! Schedule conflicts :rage:

• Sad
Hello everyone! I am OOS and this is my second time applying to Vet schools but my first time applying to MN and the MN/SD 2+2 program. I was offered interviews for both but don't have a date yet! I am dying to go to the pre-sessions but probably won't be able to attend any since I work 12hr shifts :( it would be great to meet y'all. Best of luck to everyone! :)

Hello everyone! I am OOS and this is my second time applying to Vet schools but my first time applying to MN and the MN/SD 2+2 program. I was offered interviews for both but don't have a date yet! I am dying to go to the pre-sessions but probably won't be able to attend any since I work 12hr shifts :( it would be great to meet y'all. Best of luck to everyone! :)
You should contact Violeta, I think you should have a date by now. Maybe check your spam folder?

Does anyone have any good resources they can share to help me prepare for the interview? I'm not as familiar or comfortable with behavioral interviews since most I've done have been MMI style.
I did the 50 questions they had posted on the website but I found I was using alot of the same experiences for the questions. I have alot of examples/experiences from working as a tech that fit, but would me using tech experiences for multiple questions be a problem or is it not diverse enough? Any input is appreciated!