University of Minnesota - Minneapolis, U of Iowa, Wake Forest

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

oldman

Senior Citizen
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to decide from among these three. i have already given up my spot at MCW. I'm already leaning towards getting rid of Wake.

Members don't see this ad.

are you going to the "get acquainted day" at iowa this weekend? if you are still on the fence i think it would be a great opportunity and will undoubtedly aid in your decision...iowa city could win you over

i am also interested in U of Minnesota...but i am on post interview hold...any word on the final decisions up there? they may not be sending news till may 15th...

Members don't see this ad :)
Iowa City is AWESOME! :clap: It'd be worth going to U of Iowa for. The hospital is one of the best hidden secrets of the midwest... gorgeous, artistic, cultural, academic. They take real good care of their state residents... they have an awesome healthcare system. I'm originally from S. Cali, and if not for family, I could live in IC forever. I lived there for 2 years... if you have specific q's re: the city or the hospital feel free to PM me. Go to the 2nd look... it would be totally worth it.

•••quote:•••Originally posted by hawkeyes:
•Iowa City is AWESOME! :clap: It'd be worth going to U of Iowa for. The hospital is one of the best hidden secrets of the midwest... gorgeous, artistic, cultural, academic. They take real good care of their state residents... they have an awesome healthcare system. I'm originally from S. Cali, and if not for family, I could live in IC forever. I lived there for 2 years... if you have specific q's re: the city or the hospital feel free to PM me. Go to the 2nd look... it would be totally worth it.•••••what kind of aid do they give to the out of staters? looking at that 35K tution is scaring me.

sorry - I don't know anything about that one...

Oldman, any progress on your decision? I have been thinking this over a lot lately and am actually starting to consider GWU over the U of MN, if I get in off the alternate list (doubtful). I need to scrounge up a U of MN student and grill them about the number of students who do out-of-state residencies.

watto,

i didn't know if you'd seen the match list for this year for the u of mn.

Hope it's of some help!

<a href="http://www.meded.umn.edu/students/match_program/Match_2002.htm" target="_blank">U of MN Match List 2002</a>