University of Minnesota secondary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dayne

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am sort of filling out University of Minnesota's secondary. But now I am wondering if its worth completing?

I have zero ties to the state. So, I just don't know what to say to the following question:

If you did not designate Minnesota as your state of legal residence on your AMCAS application, briefly describe any ties that you have to this state. [Limit response to 50 words]

Has anybody else sent in their secondary here with similar circumstances?

Members don't see this ad.

When did you receive the secondary? I thought they haven't sent anything out yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
You'll probably want to come up with something good as the U takes most of its students from instate.

BTW, did you just recieve an actual secondary from the U of M or are you working off of last year's secondary prompt thread?

Could you post the questions? I'm sure many people would appreciate it.

Uh, I didn't receive the secondary yet. But I just started answering the questions ahead of time (as posted in the secondary questions thread).

Just wondering if its even worth filling out if you aren't from there and have never been there?

Uh, I didn't receive the secondary yet. But I just started answering the questions ahead of time (as posted in the secondary questions thread).

Just wondering if its even worth filling out if you aren't from there and have never been there?
I wouldn't work on it until you receive it - it's a screener, and while I don't know how tough the screening is, it's probably best not to worry about it now so you don't end up having wasted your time if they never send you a secondary.

Thanks for letting me know. I am going to table this one until I hear something from them.

I just got this message on my MDApps... it's Anon, so take it with a grain of salt...

"FYI, as a U of M undergrad, I can tell you the U of M Med School is VERY heavy on having some sort of research experience. This year they are providing secondaries to everyone so think carefully about the $80 you have to spend on it. Research is a BIG deal at the U of M, so best keep that in mind."

I just got this message on my MDApps... it's Anon, so take it with a grain of salt...

"FYI, as a U of M undergrad, I can tell you the U of M Med School is VERY heavy on having some sort of research experience. This year they are providing secondaries to everyone so think carefully about the $80 you have to spend on it. Research is a BIG deal at the U of M, so best keep that in mind."
Hm, nothing like that for me, but then again, I do have some things listed as "research" on MDapps, although it's kind of different (not publication-type things). Whatever, I've got other eye-catching things on my app, so outside of the specifically research-heavy schools, I don't sweat my lack of lab work - I got other things to compensate for it.

Just got the email invite from them. Average scores, with 3 years research.
CA applicant.

they said theyre not screening this year