University of Minnesota-Twin Cities

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Dr. Becker hasn't been the Dean of Admissions for this whole application cycle as far as I know. I would expect a call from Paul White if anything.

Yeah, yeah, I put down the wrong name. I apologize. Waiting apparently made me neurotic. Either way it seems the calls come on Thurs. and Fri.

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah, yeah, I put down the wrong name. I apologize. Waiting apparently made me neurotic. Either way it seems the calls come on Thurs. and Fri.

mine came on a Thursday at about 6pm (central)

Yeah, I got a call from Paul White on a Friday at about 4 PM

Members don't see this ad :)
I got mine Friday at like 5

Paul White called me at 8am on a Friday ...and it was almost 8 weeks post-interview, although the holidays may have slowed them down (even more than usual).

Hope all of you hear good news soon, it's an amazing school!

IceIt, when did you interview, and when did you hear?

Interviewed Nov. 10, accepted Jan. 5

FYI, at the interview they told us we would most likely hear back mid to late December, so don't give up hope if it's taking longer than you expected!

Woohoo!!! Just got the call!!!

Is it a bad thing that the first thing that popped in my head is "I'm a goofy gopher, yeah?" Seriously, I think I need to get my daughter to watch less spongebob.

Woohoo!!! Just got the call!!!

Is it a bad thing that the first thing that popped in my head is "I'm a goofy gopher, yeah?" Seriously, I think I need to get my daughter to watch less spongebob.

congrats...and i think u need to watch less sponge bob

I'm an instater and took the August MCAT - my secondary was in mid-Dec. Are they still handing out interviews to students like me????

Tx=transplant?

I was complete mid Jan, and they haven't looked at my app yet. I stopped in and talked to them a couple days ago, and they said they are still offering interviews and interviewing regularly.

Tx=transplant?

I was complete mid Jan, and they haven't looked at my app yet. I stopped in and talked to them a couple days ago, and they said they are still offering interviews and interviewing regularly.

I wasn't complete until 2/9 (the last weekday before the deadline unfortunately)... I've heard from multiple people that they interview fairly late, so I hope that they are still offering interviews by the time they get to my application :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if there is any deposit to hold your seat? I've been looking around on the website, but can't seem to find anything.

Falco,

do you know or are reasonably sure of where you'll attend? Are Chicago and MN your only acceptances so far?

Falco,

do you know or are reasonably sure of where you'll attend? Are Chicago and MN your only acceptances so far?

Nope not sure at all...it is between Minnesota and Chicago...I was accepted elsewhere but I like Chicago and MN the best...Also I will not know until I find out where my SO gets into grad school and after the revisit to minnesota...She got into grad school for PHD in History at Minnesota but Chicago does not let her know until early March...even if she gets into Chicago it will be a tough decision...I really am so confused on where to go

MN would be my #1 if they'd get around to reviewing my application. If I get an acceptance to MN, you may see new threads about how great Chicago is.

MN would be my #1 if they'd get around to reviewing my application. If I get an acceptance to MN, you may see new threads about how great Chicago is.

they are slow...i know it sucks but keep the faith...i hope they get around to you soon...also you realize that your post sounds liek that you dont want me in MN if you go there...interesting

Sorry, if I get an acceptance I want you there. If I get a waitlist you'll see the Chicago threads.

The U is slow. And they are my favorite. I interviewed in Mid December, and they told me I'd hear by the 3rd week of January. I heard Friday, feb. 8, by phone, and I was wondering, for those of you who got your acceptance by phone, how long did it take to get the official papers about sending in a class deposit and so on?

Go gophers! Coming from NYU, I'm excited to go to a school that actually has a football team.

The U is slow. And they are my favorite. I interviewed in Mid December, and they told me I'd hear by the 3rd week of January. I heard Friday, feb. 8, by phone, and I was wondering, for those of you who got your acceptance by phone, how long did it take to get the official papers about sending in a class deposit and so on?

Go gophers! Coming from NYU, I'm excited to go to a school that actually has a football team.

2 1/2 weeks. Good job! Do you think you will go there?

Pending any good news from Stanford, I'm pretty sure the U of M is my top choice, and Standford has been eerily silent. I am like .. 89 % on the U, I loved it during my visit, and my parents went there (for writing, but they still liked it). Plus who can not love the MN Twinkies.

Also, I want to wait until I get my deposit in before I withdraw my other apps.

Thanks for the congrats!

Falco, where did you get those dates for the second look?

Pending any good news from Stanford, I'm pretty sure the U of M is my top choice, and Standford has been eerily silent. I am like .. 89 % on the U, I loved it during my visit, and my parents went there (for writing, but they still liked it). Plus who can not love the MN Twinkies.

Also, I want to wait until I get my deposit in before I withdraw my other apps.

Thanks for the congrats!

Always good to see someone from New York who loves the Twins!!:D

i just got the call about 5 minutes ago! does anyone know how long it takes for the paperwork to come?

for anyone still waiting, i interviewed the third week of January and was complete since Late August. i know the waiting sucks but i hope you all get good news soon...

i just got the call about 5 minutes ago! does anyone know how long it takes for the paperwork to come?

Congrats!! I was wondering the same.

thanks! for those of you who have received your paperwork, did it include scholarship information/awards? or do we have to fill out a special scholarship application? thanks for the help...

They send you a big packet in the mail with financial aid info, including a general scholarship application form and a list of university scholarships you can apply for. For all of the individual scholarships you have to meet certain requirements in order to be eligible (grew up on a farm, reside in specific MN counties, etc) and write an essay, but the general scholarship form seems to be based mostly on merit and overall financial need.

Govikings, when did you interview?

Second week in January

I interviewed early December and still have not heard a peep from the U of M. Anyone have any idea what that means...is it a lost cause for me?