1. What do you find most helpful? Give us your feedback on the 2019 SDN Member Survey to help further the SDN mission (and win prizes!)
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

University of Minnesota-Twin Cities

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Jimi Thing, Mar 13, 2007.

1. Jimi Thing

Pre-Medical
    Have any in-state people been offered an interview in the past few weeks at Minnesota? I was complete back at the end of November and I haven't heard anything except that my file is out for review (which it has been for the past month). Is there any hope left?

2. gopherthegold

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Yea I have a friend who was just offered an interview about a week and a half ago, she is interviewing this Thursday and another who interviewed last Monday...they are still giving them out, they are super behind, had an increase in applications over 25% this year or something they said....

3. senseigmg

senseigmg Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I'm in state as well and haven't received an invite yet.

4. kdburton

kdburton Ulnar Deviant
    5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Same here, but I wasn't complete until 2/9 which is like the last weekday you could submit your secondary :scared: My primary was submitted/verified late and I got the secondary really close to their deadline... A guy at the admissions office said I would probably still get an interview although he didn't know when I would find out.

5. BiteSize

BiteSize Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I received an interview the first week of March for March 23rd. I was complete mid-December after taking the August MCAT. I think they still have a lot of days open for interviewing . . .hope this helps!

6. kdburton

kdburton Ulnar Deviant
    5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    What did you think of the interview? Was it laid back? How many other students in the group?

7. BiteSize

BiteSize Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    The interview is for March 23rd

8. kdburton

kdburton Ulnar Deviant
    5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    LOL good thing I was paying attention to your first post :laugh: :laugh: sorry

9. dln72183

7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    The interview is really laid back. You have one interview, 1on1. It is right away in the morning. I think there were about 7-10 interviewees. The really push their flex-md program and their high expectations for where the school is going in the next few years. They are trying to get this pipeline program started to fast-track undergrad students to their med school, but it doesn't affect us.

Basically, it is one laid back interview (1/2-1hr). A tour and lunch with a couple really nice M1 or M2s. a talk with Some administration to pump up the school. and an opportunity to sit in on a class.

I liked my interview day. I thought it went very well. I've been waitlisted, and, unfortunately, once they act on your file, they won't reopen it to add anything. I've been trying to tell them I've had four publications since and they won't budge. That sucks a bit.

Good luck to you and have fun!

10. kdburton

kdburton Ulnar Deviant
    5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Thats good. The interview I had yesterday was at the very end of the day, so I was nervous/stressing out the whole day before I finally got to do two interviews. Luckily this school was also laid back so it ended up being no big deal in the end... I just called the U of MN and they said that it should take 4-6 weeks from completion of my file before I find out, so thats gotta be coming up within the next week or two :confused:

11. senseigmg

senseigmg Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Who did you interview with?

It's been 8 weeks for me since I was complete.

12. kdburton

kdburton Ulnar Deviant
    5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I interviewed at a different school ([email protected]), I was just comparing the fact that they did all the interviews last and all the presentations/tours first.

13. The pK

The pK Bacon!!!
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    It's been about 8 weeks since I was complete at Twin CIties, and I still haven't heard anything. But yesterday I was accepted at my favorite school, so I'm withdrawing from TC today. Hopefully one of you will get my interview (if I had one).
    Good luck!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  14. Monkey12

Monkey12 Monkey12
    7+ Year Member

Congrats! Where'd you get in?