University of Missouri Housing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Latifis

Mizzou 2011
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering for those of you who are going to Mizzou in the fall if you have started apartment hunting yet and if you are having any luck.

Members don't see this ad.

I am in Columbia right now, and why is it so hard to find an apartment that takes dogs????? Anyways, I'll be here until Wednesday trying to find a place. We stopped at a couple yesterday (Tara, Stadium) and they were fairly nice and really close to the vet school (like within sight), but won't accept dogs. You having any luck/possibly know any that will accept dogs?

I went to Columbia last weekend and had the same issues... I couldn't find any places that would allow dogs. I did find some condos on the NE side of town that do allow pets, but they don't lease; you have to purchase. I plan on going back to Columbia in a couple of weekends to do some more looking, but could end up with a condo because all of the houses I looked at were horrible!! let me know how your search goes. good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
So the only apartment complex I found that accepts dogs was Grindstone Canyon (but it has to be less than 30-35 lb). It seemed pretty nice, and is about 5 minutes from the vet school. There were some really nice little condos/houses off of Providence - take stadium west and it will run into providence by the football stadium, take a left on providence (so you're heading south) and then a left on Campus View Drive (east). That street runs into this little neighborhood with some nice places (street names were boulder, ames, stillwater, norman, manhattan, and umc). We saw probably 7 that were currently being sold/leased and many were all-dog friendly. Somewhat pricey though for a single person. I've also heard there are more properties off Green Meadow Road. From some family I have in the area, the southern/SE part of the city is the "nicer" section. If yall have any questions, feel free to ask/pm me.

Hey Razor, did you try keenesland downs (sp?), It said on their site that they accept pets but don't know about dogs specifically.

you're right...Keeneland Downs does say "Pets OK," but I am not for sure their policy for dogs.