University of Missouri Kansas City school of pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

comet81

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard anything from UMKC? I am wondering why they don't still call people.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Comet - I applied there too, but I just sent my app in last week. Their postmark deadline was today, so I would imagine they haven't even started reviewing apps yet.

In the application materials it says that qualified candidates will be invited to interview in late March or early April and will be notified in writing 3 weeks prior to the interview date. If that is the case, we still have a couple of months of waiting!

Good luck!

I applied to UMKC as well.

Comet81, did you apply last year? I saw that you were accepted to UACP. Do you plan on attending? Where are you located in the midwest?

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied to UMKC as well.

Comet81, did you apply last year? I saw that you were accepted to UACP. Do you plan on attending? Where are you located in the midwest?

I was accepted to Midwestern University Chicago but I was rejected to UACP. Well, even though I was accepted, I won't attend UACP. I might not be able to live mountain area.

I got an email from UMKC the other day saying that they had received my application. There was a link on the email to a website that had a number for every student that was applying, along with what school(s) they went to, and whether or not their app and letter of rec were in. There were about 498 students total, but about 30 had not submitted letters of rec, so there's about 470 applicants total. Nice.

I had an interview with UMKC last year, but I didn't get in. I got my interview invitation around the beginning of March; my interview wasn't until April 1st. I would imagine it would be the same this year. We have quite a bit of waiting ahead of us.:sleep:

I had an interview with UMKC last year, but I didn't get in. I got my interview invitation around the beginning of March; my interview wasn't until April 1st. I would imagine it would be the same this year. We have quite a bit of waiting ahead of us.:sleep:

is it easy to get in? Do you know anything abtou this?

I got an email from UMKC the other day saying that they had received my application. There was a link on the email to a website that had a number for every student that was applying, along with what school(s) they went to, and whether or not their app and letter of rec were in. There were about 498 students total, but about 30 had not submitted letters of rec, so there's about 470 applicants total. Nice.

I sent my application in to UMKC too, but I haven't gotten a confirmation email from them. Do you think you can post the link so I can make sure they have my application too? Thanks!

I sent my application in to UMKC too, but I haven't gotten a confirmation email from them. Do you think you can post the link so I can make sure they have my application too? Thanks!

NVM, I just checked my email again and i did receive it. Thanks anyways!

Yeah I submitted my application early, but do you think that will be a plus later on when they look at my application? :) I'm really hoping that I get in there since that's the only school I applied to. I'm also wondering, is it easy to get into? I'm trying to be optimistic looking at last year's stats about 1/3 of those who applied got interviews and 3/5 of those interviewees were accepted. So, I'm guessing that if you get an interview, you have a better chance of getting accepted? Correct me if i'm wrong.

Yeah I submitted my application early, but do you think that will be a plus later on when they look at my application? :) I'm really hoping that I get in there since that's the only school I applied to. I'm also wondering, is it easy to get into? I'm trying to be optimistic looking at last year's stats about 1/3 of those who applied got interviews and 3/5 of those interviewees were accepted. So, I'm guessing that if you get an interview, you have a better chance of getting accepted? Correct me if i'm wrong.

Most schools yes, but probably not UMKC. They might get to your file before others, but I think for UMKC, since they said they won't send out interview requests until March or April, they'll most likely look at everyone's application and then pick people out from the pool. There are some schools that sent out interview requests to applicants before the due date, that's probably when sending your application in asap does matter.

I just received an interview invite for the 17th for UMKC. This is the only school I've gotten an interview at (rejected at Purdue and Creighton).

I just received an interview invite for the 17th for UMKC. This is the only school I've gotten an interview at (rejected at Purdue and Creighton).

They called me yesterday (2/28)and told me that they did not receive my fall transcript. The lady told me that my application would not be considered if they did not receive the transcript by 2/28. How rude!! But, I was so sure I sent mine around January, so I contacted to schools that I attended and obtained the transcript track number. So, I gave them the track number and they found it!!! I am so mad to that school right now!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Whoa, they're giving out interviews already? Umm, so does anyone know if they give out rejection letters at the same time with interview notices? How do they let you know about interview, by phone or mail?

I got an E-Mail from them a few hours ago. I was really surprised cause I was not expecting a decision for a least a week and I was under the impression that they were snail mailing them.

I got an E-Mail from them a few hours ago. I was really surprised cause I was not expecting a decision for a least a week and I was under the impression that they were snail mailing them.

Wow, congratulations. I'm crossing my fingers the next week or so. I know my stats aren't that great, but I have some hope. :)

Congratulations, what are your stats (if you don't mind)?

Congratulations, what are your stats (if you don't mind)?

Overall GPA: 3.45, PCAT: 89 Composite, BS Biology, 1 year as a pharm tech. I'm also an instate resident if that means anything.

Congratz on the interview Mosep, when did you submit your application?

Hey Guys.
I am a current first year student at UMKC. If you have any questions, I would be happy to try to answer them. I do know they have 2 interview dates, March 17th and 31st.

Hey Guys.
I am a current first year student at UMKC. If you have any questions, I would be happy to try to answer them. I do know they have 2 interview dates, March 17th and 31st.

Thanks so much for your willingness to help! Are those the only 2 dates they have for interview?

Hey Guys.

Thanks for helping out.

How did they notify you about your interview (phone, e-mail, or snail mail)? Do you have any knowledge about how they notify people about rejections too?

As far as I know there are only 2 interview dates. Last year I was notified by snail mail. In the "packet" they include a list of questions to answer before your interview. Another point I would like to make is to attend the pre-interview party the night before. I actually had a conversation with one of my interviewers that night. Niether one of us knew we would meet again the next morning for my interview. I think it really helped me out!
As far as the rejection letters, I honestly do not know when they send them out. They first have to send out the interview letters(about 200). Some people turn down the interview, so they must go deeper into the list to fill the interview spots. So, I would think they send the rejection letters after all the interview spots are filled-late march,early April.

Thanks for the info, so this means I only have 1 more chance with them. So I guess if i don't hear anything from them next week, i'll definitely get a rejection letter from them.

What are all your stats for the people that are applying to UMKC? I have also not heard anything from them as of 03-06. My GPA is 3.33 and pcat of 85 with two years work experience...my screen name reflects my state of mind. :|

How do they pick which people get which interview day? Is there any differentiation, or is it just random?

Any other tips you have for interviewing, farmskool?

I tried to figure out the difference in dates last year and was not able to. I think mine was the first date, but some of my classmates were on the second date. The interview is very relaxed. Last year they asked a few situation questions like "give me a time when you were under pressure and how you handled it?". Then they open it up for your questions. Be prepared with some! There are generally 3 people interviewing you(alumni, faculty, and student). The interview is only about 30min MAX. You will also be given an "essay" topic and given about 30mins to write on it. After it is all done, they will have several students roaming around to answer any questions you have.

My stats aren't that great. My actual GPA is lower than this, but for UMKC's admission purposes (since I've retaken classes), my GPA is 3.08. PCAT is an 85. But I read on their website they look at all the highest subscores from each category from all the PCAT's people have taken. And I hope they take that into consideration.

Gadgetman

I received an invite for the March 31st interview this morning, be patient your invite will come i'm sure. This morning I gave up and stopped thinking about it. I started to figure out what classes I would be taking next year, and before I knew it there it was.

I emailed the SOP last night and asked how interview invitations/rejections are sent out. They replied back with this:

"Not everything is sent out at the same time. We have over 600 applicants and can’t get it all out at once. You should hear something within the next week."

So I guess by next Friday at the latest we should all hopefully know where we stand. The suspense is killing me!

Sorry, but to clarify, next Friday meaning 3/9 or 3/16?

Gadgetman

I received an invite for the March 31st interview this morning, be patient your invite will come i'm sure. This morning I gave up and stopped thinking about it. I started to figure out what classes I would be taking next year, and before I knew it there it was.

Me too! I was at work and thinking about my classes coming up and how i would balance work and looked at my email and saw the invitation. So i booked my flight and hotel yesterday.

I just emailed them last night. I asked them until when they were going to hand out invites for interviews and when they send out rejections. I got an email response earlier today and they said:

"Your letter was sent this week."

Umm, how should I take that? Is it a letter for an interview or a rejection? The curiosity is bothering me. Haha. I wish good luck to those who have interviews and good luck to those who are waiting for their interview invitations! :D

That's good to know that they have a third interview date this year. I was just thinking, they're cutting it pretty close to the March 31st date if I'm going to get an interview request at this point. But now I can still be hopeful.

This is strange. I received an email from them about a week ago from one of the advisors. She told me they've already sent out interviews to all the people they will interview. I emailed her back asking how many interview dates are available, but she hasn't email me back yet.

I don't want to "burst anyone's bubble" , but the way I understood it was that this interview date was made for those that had been given one of the first 2 dates, but could not make it due to having other interviews. They ask us at school to volunteer to help out at the interviews. They did not ask us to volunteer at the 3rd date, due to the small amount of people coming.

I am so fed up with UMKC!! I sent everything in September. THey called me on 2/28 at 3pm and told me that they never got my fall grades...I have proof that they recieved them...so they lost them and they demanded it must be in their office by 5pm that day in order for me to be considered for admissions....they said I could fax an unofficial copy to them....I had an exam later that day which I was studying for and I drove across town to get and fax my transcript....my friend had the exact same thing happen!!! And a week later I got the rejection letter. They only interview 200 people?? ANd the school is 5 years.....WHY???

Got my rejection letter today. Oh well. Who wants to go to a 5 year school with a bachelor's already anyway. I'll take my chances with Wyoming. I only need to get into 1 school.

Yeah, I got my rejection letter last Saturday. I wasn't very happy, but it's not gonna get me down. I'm up for reapplying next year. :) Good luck to those with their interviews next week!

:idea: anyone heard anything yet for umkc after thier interviews?

Hey,

I was informed that the letters for the people who received interviews would be sent out on April 23. Thats all I know for now so its just a sit and wait and see type of game :scared: :scared: :scared: ....haha.

Nothing yet. Anybody else? :eek:

I have not heard anything yet! *i interviewed on the first interview date and I live in the KC area*. :( Let me know as soon as ya'll hear! i really hope that "letters for those who interviewed went out on the 23rd" business was right! I can hardly even eat i'm so nervous!