University of Missouri vs Albert Einstein

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Where should I go?

• University of Missouri, Columbia, MO

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Albert Einstein, The Bronx, NY

Votes: 21 84.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ItsLupus

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a Cali resident.
I get instate at Missouri after first year. Over 4 years, Missouri will come out $75-80K cheapter in TUITION alone compared to Einstein.

Please help SDN!! Most votes decides my future!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm a Cali resident.
I get instate at Missouri after first year. Over 4 years, Missouri will come out $75-80K cheapter in TUITION alone compared to Einstein.

How do you feel about their respective locations? Are you a big-city-or-die type?

I'm a Cali resident.

OP, I have been accepted to both of these schools and I have decided to withdraw from Mizzou. Your estimated savings in tuition seems slightly high. The actually savings in tuition would be about 53K assuming you receive in state tuition at Mizzou after year 1. If you consider CoA of attendance the four year savings totals to about 59K as the estimated living cost at the two school is about the same.

Although 59K is a lot money I feel like Einstein offers many opportunities that will not be available at Mizzou. So I would personally pick Einstein.

Members don't see this ad :)
My financial aid hasn't come through at Einstein yet and I really don't want to make a blind decision.

I really loved it over there at Missouri but like you said, Einstein probably has more perks..Missouri also draws mostly in-state so I'm really scared of feeling out of place all the time but the school itself was soo awesome. I dont' know what to do!!

I'd choose Einstein personally. The housing there is still cheap, and I think there relatively more opportunities than at UMiz.

anyone at Einstein know what my chances of getting an SRS scholarship is? I just got admitted to Einstein so my financial aid isnt in yet...does einstein have need based grants? q

Someone care to elaborate what opportunities exist at Einstein that do not exist at Mizzou that were enough to pull you one direction versus the other? Just thinking specifics might help the OP since he/she may or may not value the opportunities exactly as you do.

PLEASE tell me you're joking about this. PLEASE.

How do you feel about their respective locations? Are you a big-city-or-die type?

Exactly. I've lived in both. They're drastically different but great in their distinctive ways.

Well one's a city and the other one isn't really a city, more of a small college town. It has its allures. Turns out getting residency status in Missouri is a bit trickier, you can't just claim residency for being there as a full time student and I don't think i'll be buying a house :laugh:

How does Einstein and Mizzou differ in their grading schemes? Is either one pass/no pass?

Einstein is P/F. Not sure about Mizzou

I see.

I'm really having a dilemma here lol. The staff at Missouri are sooo much nicer to talk to but if it costs me the same as a private school, I don't know.. gaaah. I loved missouri, beautiful campus, great people. I basically have 3 qualms about jumping ship to Mizzou

1. Going to Missouri would feel random.
2. A very high percentage of their students are local students so I feel like I might be left out
3. It may end up costing me more than Einstein.

I think you've already made your decision: Einstein. Its a great place, I am personally going there and I believe it will be a great experience. You're right about Mizzou having perhaps more local students. Einstein is a VERY diverse place, and honestly it is one of the major reasons why I chose it.

Status
Not open for further replies.