• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

• How To ACE Your Medical School Interview

In this webinar hosted by SDN with experts from BeMo Academic Consulting, you will learn a simple five-step process to help you translate your interview invitation into an acceptance.

GoTeamVenture

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 1, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
I applied there about a month ago, haven't heard a thing. Can't find much about them in these forums. Has anyone who's applied there heard anything?

goraka

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 7, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
I applied there too. But they don't do rolling admissions and the applications aren't due until Feb. 15th so we probably won't here until after that

saradempsey

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 18, 2006
Iowa
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
I applied there too. Actually, I just finished my application tonight.

About the Ads

aer12

10+ Year Member
Aug 14, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
I applied there too and we won't hear anything until about april...thats what I was told.

Are you all MT residents? I am from Billings,MT...anyone else?

eddavatar

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 30, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
Woah, so there are 2 Skaggs school of pharmacy now? I feel horrible for my alma mater right now. We're not unique anymore.

I hope USC doesn't turn into another Skaggs D=

longstech

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 15, 2006
Ohio
Status (Visible)
  1. Podiatry Student
Does anyone know if the recommendation and evaluation letter are the same thing? I already had one pharmacist send in a letter of rec like a month ago, but when I just submitted my app I put my pharmacy manager on there as the evaluator. I have a feeling they are the same person.....now I can't go back and change my app :mad: I'm gonna call the school tomorrow.

jdhwsu

10+ Year Member
Feb 20, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
I applied in January and haven't heard a thing! No e-mail or anything. Has anyone heard from them at all?

aer12

10+ Year Member
Aug 14, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
The committee will be looking at the applications in mid-march...so we have a while to wait :(

Mahoney

10+ Year Member
Mar 11, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
I e-mailed admissions yesterday and asked about the applications. She told me that 245 applications were received this year and that 172 were from out-of-state. That information sort of bummed me out, because I'm from out-of-state. That means if you're a MT resident you have a really good chance of getting in since historically they accept ~50 applicants from in-state and there are only 73 in-state applications this year. Also, the admissions committee is reviewing the applications now and letters will be sent out around the first week of April.

jdhwsu

10+ Year Member
Feb 20, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
245 apps seems like good odds! I applied and I'm from out of state also.

longstech

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 15, 2006
Ohio
Status (Visible)
  1. Podiatry Student

jdhwsu

10+ Year Member
Feb 20, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
All you can do is hope! At least there aren't 2000 applicants!

GoTeamVenture

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 1, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
2000 apps for a school that takes ~100 students = 20 to 1 odds

175 apps for a school that takes ~10 students = 17.5 to 1 odds

Odds aren't much better.

About the Ads

Mahoney

10+ Year Member
Mar 11, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
Is UMT your first choice school or are there schools that you applied to that you'd rather attend? Any of you guys got accepted to a program?

aer12

10+ Year Member
Aug 14, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
I hope they send out letters this week. But I'm guessing that it won't be until next week. :(

jdhwsu

10+ Year Member
Feb 20, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
I was just there for their Pharmacy Open House. No news on when we will hear anything. They are on Spring Break now, so probably not this week.

fmbzp5

10+ Year Member
Jan 5, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
I hope they let you guys know soon. my good friend applied there and if he gets rejected he is moving to Michigan with me. I am selfish in wanting to know already as to know what type of place to get. Hopefully he will get in so it won't be a problem. of course the amount of out of state applications for a few spots is disheartening.

aer12

10+ Year Member
Aug 14, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
I hope we hear something from them this week...

aer12

10+ Year Member
Aug 14, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
I'm an MT resident and I received a letter from them today stating that they need my spring grades to make a final decision about my application status. They also mentioned that they haven't filled the class yet, and are waiting to do so once they receive grades from applications that are being placed in a still "competitive applicant" pool. So now I have to wait until mid-june to find out...and I have to study hard this semester so that my spring grades are good.
I am in the same situation at the Univ. of AZ, they too say they need my spring grades to make a final decision. Bummer situation for me....waiting, waiting, and more waiting.

PharmDToBe

10+ Year Member
Feb 20, 2007
Henderson, NV
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
Do they require an interview??? or decisions are based only on GPAs, Letters of Recommendation, & Personal Statement?????

Mahoney

10+ Year Member
Mar 11, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
I got my rejection letter in the mail on Tuesday. Not surprised since I'm from out-of-state. Good luck to the rest of you guys.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.