University of Nebraska vs. SLU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Friendsandyoga

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I am very fortunate to have been accepted to several medical schools and have narrowed down my choices to saint louis university and the university of Nebraska. Any help on pros and cons for each is appreciated. I am torn because Nebraska is ranked 6th in the country for primary care and has really amazing facilities and lots of patient interaction, also my entire family went to medical school there. Saint louis emphasizes happiness and stress reduction which to me is a huge plus, and I also like the city of saint louis much better then Omaha. To top it off, my significant other is moving with me and needs a job in business/finance and think saint louis might have more opportunities. At the end of my interview days I really did like both schools.

ANY thoughts would be helpful =)

Thanks so much.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,

I am very fortunate to have been accepted to several medical schools and have narrowed down my choices to saint louis university and the university of Nebraska. Any help on pros and cons for each is appreciated. I am torn because Nebraska is ranked 6th in the country for primary care and has really amazing facilities and lots of patient interaction, also my entire family went to medical school there. Saint louis emphasizes happiness and stress reduction which to me is a huge plus, and I also like the city of saint louis much better then Omaha. To top it off, my significant other is moving with me and needs a job in business/finance and think saint louis might have more opportunities. At the end of my interview days I really did like both schools.

ANY thoughts would be helpful =)

Thanks so much.

I would assume you're a Nebraska resident, so a huge plus is the CoA. 29K compared to 49K is nothing to sniff at. To me, Nebraska is my top choice even if I was accepted to Harvard, so I can't really say I am the best person to give advice (plus the fact I haven't even applied).

It sounds to me as if you would like to go to Saint Louis more, but you just need the extra nudge. It may help financially if your SO could get a job, so that's definitely a huge aspect to consider.

If it were me, I'd consider how much moving, tuition, living expenses in both cities is going to cost. If price isn't a major factor for you, then just simply go where you want!