University of Nebraska

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fingerstick

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else applied to NE, and have you heard ANYTHING from them?
fngrstck

Members don't see this ad.

I applied there and until last week I hadn't heard a thing from them since I sent in my deposit back in August. Last week I got a letter from them telling me I was "not selected for the 2003-2004 Freshman Class".

That's fine, I wasn't planning on going there if I had got in. But I'm still curious why they waited so long to reject me.

Do not go to Nebraska! I repeat, do not go to Nebraska! If this school is willing to hire Bill Callahan as their head football coach, the biggest failure to ever coach the Raiders (not to mention his personal vendetta against personel and sabotage of the team), you know this school is run by a bunch of whack-jobs.

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewd at nebraska in mid-octobet. I loved the school and the people there. Housing was cheap, and Lincoln has a cool, mid-size town atmosphere. I was planning to go there because I thought I interviewd well. I got a rejection letter on Dec. 1. They said I was well qualified, but they had an unusually high number of in state applicants this year, so they couldn't offer me a seat in the class. I was bummed, but the next day I got accepted to Iowa, so I let it go. But Nebraska is a great school.
GPA:3.74
DAT:20/20/23

Thanks for the responses. I live in KS, but am still considered a NE resident in thier eyes. I haven't heard word one from them. I applied a little late (Nov.), so I'm guessing that's the problem.
fngrstck
PS- I'm torn on the whole Solich thing. My hubby won't shut up about it! But I'm also a Raider fan (DANGEROUS in KC!), but I guess the true problem is the Athletics Director for wiping out the entire DeVany legacy.

Callahan and his crew are putting together a top 15 to 20 recruiting class [just got a 6'8" 320lb lineman from MN who runs a 4.9 forty yard dash] so all is well in Huskerland. Solich is a distance second to Callahan and his shiny new recruits.

Yeah, Callahan is always good the first year...then the second year you think everything is in place to take it all...and what happens...Callahan sabotages the team and you go from one of the best teams in the world...to the worst team in the league. You'll see.

after all these years....he was so damn right.