University of Nebraska

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Applicant314159

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I've been a lurker on the boards for at least two months now and after some "encouragement" from my girlfriend, I finally decided to sign up and start posting.

Anyway, I was wondering if any of you have heard from the University of Nebraska yet? I know they don't send out secondaries, but when can I expect to be contacted by them? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Applicant314159 said:
Hi, I've been a lurker on the boards for at least two months now and after some "encouragement" from my girlfriend, I finally decided to sign up and start posting.

Anyway, I was wondering if any of you have heard from the University of Nebraska yet? I know they don't send out secondaries, but when can I expect to be contacted by them? Thanks.

As far as I know, University of Nebraska screens pre-secondary. If you pass the screening, they send you an e-mail with a password and link to the secondary. There are no essays that you have to fill out. Just some information and the interview dates you prefer. Everybody who gets the secondary is invited for an interview. Hope this helps. Best of luck

thanks! I guess I'll just have to wait. Have any of you received this email yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
Applicant314159 said:
thanks! I guess I'll just have to wait. Have any of you received this email yet?

I actually recieved the e-mail late august. My AMCAS was complete July 5.

Hoooba said:
I actually recieved the e-mail late august. My AMCAS was complete July 5.

So almost two months later? Ok, looks like I'll be waiting for awhile, my AMCAS was complete towards the end of August. Thanks again for your help, I was just worried since I have not heard anything from them.

i was complete early september and received the secondary a week later, interview invite was a week after that. Oct 28th, im excited!

ebolahunter said:
i was complete early september and received the secondary a week later, interview invite was a week after that. Oct 28th, im excited!

Congrats! Good luck with your interview :)
Are you an in-state resident? How about you Hoooba?

Nebraska invites all in-state applicants for a secondary and interview. A "select" few out of staters get the same treatment. I was born and raised in NE but now live out of state so I received the secondary and also interviewed at the end of September 2005. I must say I was pleasantly surprised at the school. Very impressive program, hospital, int'l opps. They start notifying you of acceptances on 12/1/05.

Applicant314159 said:
Congrats! Good luck with your interview :)
Are you an in-state resident? How about you Hoooba?

I am out of state as well (Midwest though)