University of Nevada secondary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Centinel

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got the UNR secondary. Wow, I really have little desire to fill this thing out. It's the only secondary, out of 21, that I will have to handwrite.

Anyone else applying to UNR and just astoundingly underwhelmed by their secondary? I think I'll do it the traditional way (a healthy mix of shorthand and doctor scratch) but with a silver sharpie.

Members don't see this ad.

Do they screen? I still havn't received it. The only one so far. And you have to hand write it? Thats awesome! I will prove my worth as a future doctor by showing them how aweful my penmanship is! Maybe Ill sign it like
"You better accept me!
I'm Rick James!"
but really crappy so you cant really read it. :laugh:

StevenRF said:
Do they screen? I still havn't received it. The only one so far. And you have to hand write it? Thats awesome! I will prove my worth as a future doctor by showing them how aweful my penmanship is! Maybe Ill sign it like
"You better accept me!
I'm Rick James!"
but really crappy so you cant really read it. :laugh:
:laugh: :laugh: Amen!

drinklord said:

Just got the secondary. All I can say is WTF?!?!? I'm just dumbfounded. This is like the worst secondary ever. 3 LORS and a committe wasnt enough?!? I need character references and a whole file proving Im linked to the horrible state that is Nevada....

The "Essential Functions Requirements" sheet is a gem though..... "Candidtates must be able to learn a defined level of information...", "The candidate must have sufficient motor skills to carry out all necessary procedures...", The candidate must be able to communicate effectively...", "The candidate must have sufficient cognitive capabilities to assimilate the technically detailed adn complex information presented...", "The candidate must possess the demeanor and maturity required for full utilization of intellectual abilties..." Oh yea and the suggested financial aid reading with about 20 books on it... :laugh:

I guess I shouldn't tell them that Im deaf, blind, mute, autistic, and have a severe case of parkinsons, bipolar, and ADHD.... :laugh:

I'll sleep on it and see if I actually want to go through with the pain this will bring. UCSF has a one page secondary and it's the top school in the country. WTH is up with this? +pissed+