University of New England online postbac?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pritomd

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I emailed VCOM about retakes since I have to do a lot of mine at a CC because I need online, and the person said that'd be fine but I could also take online courses via UNE...has anyone done this?

What classes do they have? The standard General B/C(+Organic)/P? Do they have biochem or genetics/any other upper levels?

How do they handle labs?

Is it hard or comparable to a regular course?

Do DO schools view it the same as a 4 year universities class? (like they recommend it over CC)

How is the cost? (i'll look this up later, but if I can get the answers all in 1 place - this thread - that'd be cool)

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I emailed VCOM about retakes since I have to do a lot of mine at a CC because I need online, and the person said that'd be fine but I could also take online courses via UNE...has anyone done this?

What classes do they have? The standard General B/C(+Organic)/P? Do they have biochem or genetics/any other upper levels?

How do they handle labs?

Is it hard or comparable to a regular course?

Do DD schools view it the same as a 4 year universities class? (like they recommend it over CC)

How is the cost? (i'll look this up later, but if I can get the answers all in 1 place - this thread - that'd be cool)

Thanks!

I'm beginning biochem through UNE right now. The schools I have talked to in Texas said they would take it because I have already graduated from undergrad and work full time so I don't have any other options. It is expensive, though, about $1300 for the course.

I did the UNE O-Chem I and II, and currently attend VCOM as a postbac... The courses were no joke, and I truly learned a lot, unlike a lot of my other online classes from community colleges. I would say it's almost worth the cost just because I feel like you do learn more than at a community college (or at least the one I attended). The cost is more than a community college, but I'd venture to say it's worth it.

http://une.edu/com/online/

The above link has the list of all the classes available. I was told that they (VCOM) look at the class in the same way as they do traditional on campus classes. It was a non-issue for me entering the VCOM postbac.

As far as the labs, I completed them using the Virtual Chem Lab software provided by the school.

All in all, it was a good experience, and I wish I would have found UNE earlier in my post-undergrad science venture...

Members don't see this ad :)
I did the UNE O-Chem I and II, and currently attend VCOM as a postbac...

I'm about to start the OChem I course, any insight? Was it extremely difficult? I haven't found many reviews about it online. I have 1 Ochem lecture under my belt so far.

Bump, any more comments? I hear that UNE biochem only has 1 grade..the final exam..is this true? The website seemed to have an exam 1, 2, 3, 4 and then a final..which is it?

Also, I notice the "list of schools accepted UNE" was mainly those who require biochem....does biochem fly for other schools too that don't require biochem as an upper-level science? Or have red flags been raised before a lot

I am about to take courses from une online. i dont have other choices - working full time.

any more comments on this? do u know people going to med schools with pre reqs from une online?

bump. anyone get into med school using UNE online courses for pre-reqs?

I got into medical school taking both Organic Chem 1 and 2 with lab via UNE online. I received many interview invites including 1 MD. Most DO schools are completely fine with it. Less MD schools will accept the online labs, but there were several that did.

Does anyone know if PA schools don't mind it either? It would be extremely helpful!