university of new england OT program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stphne

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
anyone apply or get accepted into UNE's occupational therapy program starting this May?!

Members don't see this ad.

thanks, is there a reason you didn't accept the spot? i got accepted also and haven't figured out what i want to do...

Members don't see this ad :)
program was appealing but I heard that the tuition was fairly high compared to other schools... I got accepted to another school and still waiting for others. I am hoping to go somewhere with lower tuition.

agree! it is very expensive... good luck to you!

Has anyone applied to UNE for 2014? I know they added interviews to their application process this year. Has anyone heard from them or have any additional information about the admissions process? Thanks!

I applied and was offered an interview for 11/22 but declined. Crossing my fingers that I get in somewhere though because my stats aren't the best. Hope I didn't make a mistake by declining!

Any reason you declined the interview?

I should have thought more about it before I submitted my application to UNE. I'm not sure I like their curriculum as much as other programs - it doesn't seem as comprehensive, but I don't know. They also require neuroscience as a prerequisite, which I don't have yet, so I'd have to take it next semester. The nearest school to me that offers it is an hour and a half away. Most programs seem to include this as part of their curriculum instead of as a prerequisite. You also start your Level II Fieldwork after the first year (after summer, fall, spring semesters), and though this may be a plus for some, seems too soon for me. Just a few reasons. And I'm not sure about living in Maine :)