University of New England-PT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chiovp13

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone been accepted to UNE's DPT program that plans on attending in the fall?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I still haven't heard back from them about an interview yet. I received confirmation of my application on November 1st. Do you know how many spots they have filled already?

I still haven't heard back from them about an interview yet. I received confirmation of my application on November 1st. Do you know how many spots they have filled already?
I do not know. I was at the first interview date in Dec. and I think they have a couple more interview dates coming up!

Members don't see this ad :)
I will be part of the second group to interview on Jan 31st. Cant wait!! Any helpful tips for those who have already interviewed?? Thanks :)

I will be part of the second group to interview on Jan 31st. Cant wait!! Any helpful tips for those who have already interviewed?? Thanks :)
Do you mind me asking when you received your invitation for the interview and when you received confirmation of your app?

Do you mind me asking when you received your invitation for the interview and when you received confirmation of your app?
I submitted my application Sep 27th I believe but got confirmation Oct 8th, and received my interview invite Nov 18th. I know in the past they do four rounds of interviews, so if your not in this one you still have a chance! Hope this helps, and if you have any other questions feel free to ask!

I submitted my application Sep 27th I believe but got confirmation Oct 8th, and received my interview invite Nov 18th. I know in the past they do four rounds of interviews, so if your not in this one you still have a chance! Hope this helps, and if you have any other questions feel free to ask!
Thanks! That helped a lot, I guess I'm just really impatient haha. Good luck!

I am also in the same boat. I had submitted my application around the same time actually, September 22nd. However, I still have not heard back from them yet. Hoping to hear back soon. Good luck on the interview!

So I'm not sure how many interviews they had in December, but they have two dates for January (16th and 31st). Any of you fly into Portland? Where did you stay?

RVB,
I flew into Protland, and I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express near the airport.

I'm heading there for an interview on the January 17th! Best of luck to all of you!

I'm heading there for an interview on the January 17th! Best of luck to all of you!
I'm also going to the jan 17 interview! So I guess I will see you there...
On another note, since the interview invitation e-mail, did you receive any other e-mail from UNE? Because they said they will send more information about the interview near the date, but have not gotten anything since then

Members don't see this ad :)
On another note, since the interview invitation e-mail, did you receive any other e-mail from UNE? Because they said they will send more information about the interview near the date, but have not gotten anything since then
I will be attending the Jan 31st interview and still have not heard any additional information as well. Good luck on the interview and let us know how it went!

The only other information I received was from the conformation email. I think that supplied us with enough info! Where are you coming from?!

When did those of you send in your application? I received a confirmation email on Nov. 1st, and I just recently emailed them about my status and they stated my application was still under review. I applied and got wait listed after an interview two years ago and have since improved my application so I find it hard to believe I wouldn't at least get an interview.

When did those of you send in your application? I received a confirmation email on Nov. 1st, and I just recently emailed them about my status and they stated my application was still under review. I applied and got wait listed after an interview two years ago and have since improved my application so I find it hard to believe I wouldn't at least get an interview.
I sent the application on Sept. 27th. I didn't hear back until mid-November.

The only other information I received was from the conformation email. I think that supplied us with enough info! Where are you coming from?!
Even in the confirmation e-mail, it's says to expect more e-mails with information as the date of the interview approaches !! O well.. I hope we get additional information on duration, parking, building, & schedule soon...
I'm driving from southern MA to the interview ..

end508,
When I interviewed in December, I received an email with more information a couple days before the actual interview. Hope this helps!

end508,
When I interviewed in December, I received an email with more information a couple days before the actual interview. Hope this helps!
Do you mind telling us about the interview process and how yours went? Im getting really excited/nervous since UNE is one of my top choices!

Of course! The interview process was very laid back. The interview day consisted of a tour with current students, writing sample, and an individual interview with one professor. You will probably have quite a bit of time for the writing sample (at least our group did-over and hour) so make sure to use some of that time to ask the current students questions! They were very helpful.

I was accepted but declined. I thought that UNE was one of my top choices, but I felt that I fit better at a different program. Good luck!

Even in the confirmation e-mail, it's says to expect more e-mails with information as the date of the interview approaches !! O well.. I hope we get additional information on duration, parking, building, & schedule soon...
I'm driving from southern MA to the interview ..
I got it this morning!

Of course! The interview process was very laid back. The interview day consisted of a tour with current students, writing sample, and an individual interview with one professor. You will probably have quite a bit of time for the writing sample (at least our group did-over and hour) so make sure to use some of that time to ask the current students questions! They were very helpful.

I was accepted but declined. I thought that UNE was one of my top choices, but I felt that I fit better at a different program. Good luck!
Thank you very much for the insight! Just out of curiosity what was the writing sample like? I have heard of so many different kinds through these forums haha.

Thank you very much for the insight! Just out of curiosity what was the writing sample like? I have heard of so many different kinds through these forums haha.

Can you give an example of the writing sample?

Yes please, more insight on the writing sample!

I am going to UNE for an interview on Jan 31st! Do they do any group interviews or just individual interviews, just curious?

Yes please, more insight on the writing sample!

I am going to UNE for an interview on Jan 31st! Do they do any group interviews or just individual interviews, just curious?

Individual interviews, however they will place you In a color coded group in which you will tour the campus together and then be directed to the faculty offices, where each person from that group will interview with a professor! The interview is very laid back, almost a conversational style ( at least that how it was with me) about 15 minuets or so... The writing sample is nothing to worry about, they just want to make sure that you can write, and do check your writing style to see if similar to your ptcas essay... As mentioned earlier in this forum; they will ask you to write a page from your autobiography.. And you have plenty of time, I had more than 2 hrs to finish it (only needed about 35 min though) .. As far as the facilities ( this is my opinion) I felt it was outdated and on the old side, I was not impressed by some of the crammed classroom ( even current students complained about this) or some of the labs that are placed in the basement.. I wasn't also too impress with the 100k+ Cost of the program.. The campus is small & seems to be in a good area.. Hope this helps! Don't worry, just be yourself and relax, compared to other schools interviews, this on is on the relaxed/easy side..

Last edited:
Someone may have already asked this... are they doing any interviews after the one on the 31st?

I emailed them last week and they said my application is under continued review.

Hi! I was accepted to UNE on December 12th, six days after my interview. I have submitted my deposit and am attending in the fall!

Hi! I was accepted to UNE on December 12th, six days after my interview. I have submitted my deposit and am attending in the fall!
Congrats! I am interviewing this Friday (Jan 31st). I hope to be joining you in the fall!! Any pointers for the interview?

Thank you! The interview was so laid back. They make it very comfortable for the students being interviewed. I really dislike interviews because they generally make me so nervous, but at UNE it really was just like a casual conversation. They only wanted to know why you want to be a physical therapist, why you like the area of Portland, and what qualities you have that might make you a good physical therapist. I fell in love with the school and city right away. Just try to relax and I'm sure you will be fine! Good luck to you! :)

Congrats! I am interviewing this Friday (Jan 31st). I hope to be joining you in the fall!! Any pointers for the interview?
Sorry I replied to you below this, new to this site!

Sorry I replied to you below this, new to this site!
Thanks for the info! I am nervous but excited as well since UNE is one of my top choices! And welcome to the forum :)

Today is the day! Good luck to everyone hope we all do well!

Reactions: 1 users

May I ask how they informed you of your acceptance? Just curious because I interviewed on Jan. 31st.!

May I ask how they informed you of your acceptance? Just curious because I interviewed on Jan. 31st.!
You"ll most likely hear on this coming Wednesday via e-mail(at least that how it was for me), then followed up by a mailed letter few days after.. What did you think of the school/program?

They emailed me my acceptance letter. Best of luck!

You"ll most likely hear on this coming Wednesday via e-mail(at least that how it was for me), then followed up by a mailed letter few days after.. What did you think of the school/program?
Are you attending UNE in the Fall?

Are you attending UNE in the Fall?
Still deciding .I have other acceptances, but UNE is the closes one to home.. The turn off about UNE is the cost! Over 100k in debt is something to think about... How about you?

Still deciding .I have other acceptances, but UNE is the closes one to home.. The turn off about UNE is the cost! Over 100k in debt is something to think about... How about you?
Yes I am! UNE is actually farthest from my home. I'm from Syracuse, NY. Although the cost is pretty high, I really loved UNE and the city of Portland. Good luck with deciding :)

Yes I am! UNE is actually farthest from my home. I'm from Syracuse, NY. Although the cost is pretty high, I really loved UNE and the city of Portland. Good luck with deciding :)
:) thank you & congratulations on your acceptance ..

I really loved the area and the school! I got a really good feeling from the professors.

Anyone who interviewed on the 31st hear back yet?

No I have not either...hoping that not hearing is still a good sign...Good luck!

No I have not either...hoping that not hearing is still a good sign...Good luck!

Good luck to you too! I think we'll hear any day.

Reactions: 1 users
Well I just got the email from UNE saying that I have been waitlisted. Bummed about it since I really liked the program, hope you all get good news soon!!