University of New England (UNE) 2011-2012 applicants.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How's the interview??????

I went to the 12/9 interview.. it was pretty cool. I like the school a lot i will go there if i get accepted

Members don't see this ad.

I went to the 12/9 interview.. it was pretty cool. I like the school a lot i will go there if i get accepted
Good to hear. I know what you mean. I went to the interview last year when it was 18 degrees, but liked UNE so much I decided to give up my seats for other schools. Which group were you in? My friend and I got the first group, so we only had 2 female candidates. You guys seemed nervous and more high strung than we did last year. I remember laughing and talking the whole way through while waiting for my interview last year. It's getting harder every year I guess. However,first cycle always has a very high acceptance rate, since it's a small group compared to 60-70 student groups for later interview cycles. Good luck!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
The earlier your interview slot, the BETTER!

Please eat at Miyake sushi for me. That place is the bomb. They open at 5:00pm and all the tables are reserved. that's how awesome it is.

Is Isaac organizing everything this year again? He is tall. Very tall.

The earlier your interview slot, the BETTER!

Please eat at Miyake sushi for me. That place is the bomb. They open at 5:00pm and all the tables are reserved. that's how awesome it is.

Is Isaac organizing everything this year again? He is tall. Very tall.

It looks like UNE still has a special place in someone's heart. Or is it Miyake sushi has a special place in someone's stomach? :biglove:

LOL. Are you 2 done with your finals yet? I am dying overhere. Hey JJ, there was a girl in my tour group who got accepted for Midwestern Chicago. Her name is Allyson, Kidda tall with blond hair and looks very young. Oh and they will open a sushi buffet close to Maine Mall in Jan or so :)

It looks like UNE still has a special place in someone's heart. Or is it Miyake sushi has a special place in someone's stomach? :biglove:

Hey, you too for still checking this ;)
How've you been?

And Miyake was amazing. I will have never had better sushi than there. haha

LOL. Are you 2 done with your finals yet? I am dying overhere. Hey JJ, there was a girl in my tour group who got accepted for Midwestern Chicago. Her name is Allyson, Kidda tall with blond hair and looks very young. Oh and they will open a sushi buffet close to Maine Mall in Jan or so :)

Is she c/o 2016? There isn't an Allyson in my 2015 Class... as far as I know?
MWU's been done with finals. We're on Week 3 of our Winter Quarter (10-week quarter system). Keep hanging on! Just take it one thing at a time and breathe :) Also... STAY WARM!

Gotta go to my community rotation! <3 miss you guys

Decided to message you via FB instead, but I couldn't delete this post. Weird.

Last edited:
I went to the interview on Dec. 9th. The interview was more like a conversation to me. The area is nice and the people are extremely friendly. I will definitely go here if I get accepted.

Good luck. I am gonna ask Ann Marie tomorrow to see if they decided on acceptance yet. They've been busy with our finals though.
I created a group for CO 2016 on FB UNE College of pharmacy CO 2016 https://www.facebook.com/groups/329782187032202/. Have fun getting to know each other before school starts next year.
Guess you guys have to hang tight. Ann Marie said the acceptance letters won't come out till next week. But for sure before the holiday, so hopefully you will get your presents in time for xmas.

Last edited:
I hope I get a call and not a formal letter in the mail.

Not much they asked why i wanted pharmacy and the rest was just basically a conversation we ended up talking about how he went to harvard and how we might have rotations in Ghana and what not.. but im still waiting on the decision.. i got into ACP and Shenandoah already so im not too worried at this point

Members don't see this ad :)
I hope I get a call and not a formal letter in the mail.

They will send you an email and a regular letter in the mail, whichever comes first. The Dean will call you before school starts to say congrats, but mostly to make sure that you are still coming.

People should hear back by the end of this week, since they're already done with our grades and stuff for this semester.
Good Luck.

Not much they asked why i wanted pharmacy and the rest was just basically a conversation we ended up talking about how he went to harvard and how we might have rotations in Ghana and what not.. but im still waiting on the decision.. i got into ACP and Shenandoah already so im not too worried at this point

You got Dr. Guvench? He's super cool. He doesn't look like one, but the guy is wickedly smart. Were you one of the 2 girls in the first group with me and a female Mainer? Deposits for UNE is 2000 so think carefully, since you have other offers

They will send you an email and a regular letter in the mail, whichever comes first. The Dean will call you before school starts to say congrats, but mostly to make sure that you are still coming.

People should hear back by the end of this week, since they're already done with our grades and stuff for this semester.
Good Luck.

I meant to say the phone call or email before the letter. Because I think they will call accepted applicants and mail out letters for not accepted. Was that how they do it?

I meant to say the phone call or email before the letter. Because I think they will call accepted applicants and mail out letters for not accepted. Was that how they do it?

They said at the interview that everyone is going to get an email this week either with an acceptance, waitlist, or rejection.

You got Dr. Guvench? He's super cool. He doesn't look like one, but the guy is wickedly smart. Were you one of the 2 girls in the first group with me and a female Mainer? Deposits for UNE is 2000 so think carefully, since you have other offers

Yea I Got Guvench... And Im Dude Lmao Idk If You Where My Tour Guide Tho I Think He Has A Record In The Gym Of Free Throws, Forgot The Name

good, at least they let us know the result, better than Husson

I received the email acceptance today from Isaac. it was conditional because i am missing a course.

I received the email acceptance today from Isaac. it was conditional because i am missing a course.

Congrats! I got waitlist, agh. But at least I know and don't have to wait.

I Got Accepted Too.. But im missing a few classes as well i shd be able to knock those out by next semester...:laugh::thumbup:

Congrats on your acceptances!
Now you can start the harder part: deciding which school to attend. If you are missing some classes, Isaac will start bugging you soon to make sure you finish the classes lol.
If you're on wait list, don't feel bad. They pull people from wait list like crazy every year, but you have to wait till June to find out :(.

Yea I Got Guvench... And Im Dude Lmao Idk If You Where My Tour Guide Tho I Think He Has A Record In The Gym Of Free Throws, Forgot The Name
That's probably Patrick or Justin. Justin is bond.

good, at least they let us know the result, better than Husson

Husson does let you know 1-2 weeks after the interview if u r accepted. My classmate's friend got in. You can email and check with them, but make sure to be professional about it.

If anyone has been accepted to this school, please let me know so you can be added to the Official Roll Call for Class of 2015/2016. Please post in the sticky thread your acceptances and the program you will be attending (if accepted to multiple schools).

Here is the link to the sticky thread:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=847419

:):thumbup:

wonder how many got waitlist. It does not look good if only I get waitlist

Anyone got an interview for 1/28? Kinda worried on how the day is going to be like, I got my interview time slot for 8am. :scared: plus, traveling already puts on added anxiety. What kind of questions were asked for those of you who went in Dec. please and thank you!:oops:

Anyone got an interview for 1/28? Kinda worried on how the day is going to be like, I got my interview time slot for 8am. :scared: plus, traveling already puts on added anxiety. What kind of questions were asked for those of you who went in Dec. please and thank you!:oops:
I have mine on the 27th, best of luck to you

Oh I checked it's 1/27also! Good luck to u too!:D
so if it's at 8 am I guess I'll be seeing you there. I've been to portland twice, the city is small, but quite beautiful IMO, I'd love to live there for a few years.

Good luck and hope you are ready for the cold. It will be more than likely single digit temp. For the morning section, P2 and P3 will be your tour guides. You can check the interview feedbacks on SDN or last year thread for questions.

Last edited:
Hello all
I am a junior in UB as a pharmaceutical science major.
My pharmcas GPA is 3.12 PCAT 47 :scared::scared::scared:
Do You guys think I'll have a chance??
I mean yeah.. my pcat score is like..... TERRIBLE URGH
anyways..
chance me. TT_TT

Anyone else going to the Feb 17 interview?:)

Hello all
anyways..
chance me. TT_TT

The only students I know in my class who don't have their 4 year degree coming in are the ones in UNE's pre-pharm program. That's being said, it's not impossible to get in it without a BA or BS. If you have some cash, you can apply just for the heck of it. I think a 4 year degree would give you a much better chance (unless your Pharmcas GPA is high and a good Pcat score) and applying early would also help greatly (application opens in June). Good luck.

I accepted a interview 2/17. I'm excited this is my top choice school. Does anyone have any insight what to expect for the interview?

Hello all
anyways..
chance me. TT_TT

I don't have a degree, and I'm applying from Texas. Granted I'm returning student with work experience, and voleenter work.

My pcat was weak: 53 ( but math, bio, chem where good.... vocab and reading pulled my score down)
pharmcas gpa 2.9 (bad from my early days in college)
but math and science are 3.9 ( after returnng to school I did well)
I have a lot of research experience, and have received a few research scholarships, research posters, and been on papers published.

keep the hope! UNE looks awesome, I can't wait to visit it, single digit weather and all :cool:

Dear Friends,

I found your e mail address on the web and I need some pieces of information from you.
I would like to study medecine in a foreig college, maybe USA or UK, but I would prefer to prepare me to the ammissio exam attending a pre medical course, in order to be able to prepare my self for the best to the exam.
Could you suggest me the name of some association that organises pre-medical courses to the access to the college?
I will be waiting for your aswer,

thanks in advance,

Best,

pollon

also coming for the interview feb 17. So we are the 3rd group thats being interview? Will we be the 3rd class as well or 4th class? So they should be getting accreditation next year? Also if there are already 3rd years, what is the school doing to help you guys prepare for the boards?

also coming for the interview feb 17. So we are the 3rd group thats being interview? Will we be the 3rd class as well or 4th class? So they should be getting accreditation next year? Also if there are already 3rd years, what is the school doing to help you guys prepare for the boards?
You should do your own little research, starting with the basics, on UNE for the interview, because they do ask why you pick/like UNE or "what do you know about UNE?". As for the board exams: NAPLEX or Laws or both? NAPLEX is pretty much self-learn. They teach you what you need to know in school, then you study by yourself with the materials through out the years. As for the Laws, your location said California, so I am not sure if you want to go back after grad. UNE professors will give you the info needed for Maine Laws. If you come back to CA, you'll be on your own (though the Laws are pretty much similar). I think that's the same everywhere you go for COP except CA schools. We can go back to CA to do IPPE during Summer, and some APPE for our 4th year, but you're responsible for finding the sites. Good luck.

Last edited:
Hey guys, do you know if Human Anatomy and human physiology (separate) courses count as the anatomy & physiology (combined) prerequisite?

i was invited to the 1/17 interview flying out of florida.. not sure what to expect but excited though!!! :love:

i was invited to the 1/17 interview flying out of florida.. not sure what to expect but excited though!!! :love:

Interview on 1/17? You meant 2/17? Expect it to be freezing cold :(

We will have 2 sections for this Friday. It will be a big group. Good luck. You'll do great!

Last edited:
I'm excited about my une interview. I have heard it is research school, is that true? Do they have opportunitys for the pharmacy students to conduct research, or during summer off time help out professors in there field of research?

Thank you

I'm excited about my une interview. I have heard it is research school, is that true? Do they have opportunitys for the pharmacy students to conduct research, or during summer off time help out professors in there field of research?

Thank you
Yup. There are 4-5 professors doing their own research upstairs with the helps of students, though it's not easy to get their fellowship. The Dean of academic affairs also sometimes sends out research fellowships and scholarship through the school year, but some of them are not available to P1. Good luck.

I know this is really early to ask, but I am thinking about renting out my room for next year (living alone in a 2 bedrooms is getting a bit too expensive for me). If you're interested, please let me know. I am Vietnamese, male, 28, not really active in social event except for the internet. I was thinking about sharing it out this semester, but I don't want to take chances with people on craigslist, since I need time to study and don't want any partiers in the apt. I can give you more details if you want. I think rooming with someone from a different year may work out better, since we have to share bathroom and kitchen and having different schedules would decrease any wait time for those. Plz leave me a message if interested.

Last edited:
I know this is really early to ask, but I am thinking about renting out my room for next year (living alone in a 2 bedrooms is getting a bit too expensive for me). If you're interested, please let me know. I am Vietnamese, male, 28, not really active in social event except for the internet. I was thinking about sharing it out this semester, but I don't want to take chances with people on craigslist, since I need time to study and don't want any partiers in the apt. I can give you more details if you want. I think rooming with someone from a different year may work out better, since we have to share bathroom and kitchen and having different schedules would decrease any wait time for those. Plz leave me a message if interested.

im interested soucal10 i need more info tho email me rfkid[at]tunesgh.com

Good luck tomorrow. It will be a mixture of freezing rain and snow, but at least it won't be too cold (30-40s). I saw a couple people walking around checking out the school today. Whoever you are, we noticed you but didn't want to freak you out by saying hi when you were spying lol. Have fun tomorrow. You'll do great.

Last edited: