university of new mexico

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lsexie

Pharmacist
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
is anyone applying or planning to apply here, any info on the school?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm a 4th year and my boyfriend is a 1st year. I can try to answer questions for you if you have them.

well, how competitive is it to get in? and what is the program like ? you know in terms of exams, tests, classes, environment, and all that?

it's very difficult to get in if you are out of state. I think roughly 7-8 of ~85 will be from out of state. Although those who get in out of state aren't always the 4.0 people. I'm not sure what they use to determine those people but the chances just aren't that great. If you're instate, your GPA is above a 3.0 and your PCAT is relatively decent, chances are good.

I am the last class of the old curriculum, but from what I've seen of the new curriculum they've definitely made the first year harder. I think we have some phenomenal faculty but don't always utilize them to their full potential. I've never felt uncomfortable asking questions with any of the professors and if anything have been surprised at how welcome I've felt in their offices.

Tests and exams are just that. I'm not sure what you're looking for as far as further description here. I felt they were fair, even when I didn't get A's. There are a lot of people who are very involved with student organizations so there are lots of opportunities to meet and get to know people.

Overall, I've enjoyed my 4 years at UNM. Like everything there are pros and cons and coulda/woulda/shouldas, but that's just how life is.