University of North Dakota

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jmaxwell_wsu

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
According to the 2006 US News & World Reports medical school guide, the University of North Dakota had a grand total of 218 applicants and 96 acceptances (with 62 matriculants); 40 of the applicants were out of state (with 16 matriculants).

My question: Why so few applicants (other than the obvious, location)? From what I can tell UND accepts out of state students, since 42% of their acceptances were out of state students. It's not adding up for me.

I am considering applying to UND (as an "average" applicant); am I missing something here?

Members don't see this ad.

jmaxwell_wsu said:
According to the 2006 US News & World Reports medical school guide, the University of North Dakota had a grand total of 218 applicants and 96 acceptances (with 62 matriculants); 40 of the applicants were out of state (with 16 matriculants).

My question: Why so few applicants (other than the obvious, location)? From what I can tell UND accepts out of state students, since 42% of their acceptances were out of state students. It's not adding up for me.

I am considering applying to UND (as an "average" applicant); am I missing something here?

Most of the "out of state apps" were in fact WICHE applicants, with no state medical schools. If you go to the UND medical school website, they actually suggest that out of staters (other than WICHE) don't apply. I am a resident of ND, and I know that many apps dont even get considered if they are otu of staters with a state medical school.

Rzarecta said:
Most of the "out of state apps" were in fact WICHE applicants, with no state medical schools. If you go to the UND medical school website, they actually suggest that out of staters (other than WICHE) don't apply. I am a resident of ND, and I know that many apps dont even get considered if they are otu of staters with a state medical school.

Thanks for your reply. That makes a lot more sense.