University of North Texas Pharmacy school to open in 2013!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Manayy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is good news to me because it will be new so they may be a little lenient when it comes to admissions.
(i have a 2.7GPA currently as a junior. i had 2.5 before this past semester, got a 4.0 and it only went up .2 points :/)
Its in Texas and i'm a resident here.
I have a question though, they said they will have only 80 students their first year, does that mean they are still going to be as strict when it comes to admissions, or is 80 more than what schools really have in one class??

edit, more info.
http://www.hsc.unt.edu/education/CoP/

Members don't see this ad.

This is good news to me because it will be new so they may be a little lenient when it comes to admissions.
(i have a 2.7GPA currently as a junior. i had 2.5 before this past semester, got a 4.0 and it only went up .2 points :/)
Its in Texas and i'm a resident here.
I have a question though, they said they will have only 80 students their first year, does that mean they are still going to be as strict when it comes to admissions, or is 80 more than what schools really have in one class??

edit, more info.
http://www.hsc.unt.edu/education/CoP/

Relocated to appropriate forum.

my best friend just graduated from UNT and still lives in denton... I wish they started the admissions for the year 2012!

I highly doubt it is going to be less strict coming from UNT. Supposedly, they are going to be highly selective along the lines of UT-Austin and UH due to their location and the demand of many future pharmacy students to remain in the DFW area.