University of North Texas Pre-req question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted259194

Hi Everyone,

I just had a career change and need some answers to clarify much confusion. I'm trying to sit down and see what pre-req I have left for most of the pharmacy programs in Texas. I have 2 questions.

1) For UNT specifically, I noticed that they require genetic and the TCCNS (texas common course number is 2316). I took genetic at UT-Austin but the course number I have is 2313 and I was a biology major back then. I went to the TCCNS but couldn't find a math for both school. Any advice?
2) I started college in 2005 but graduated in December of 2011. Some of my science courses are longer than the 5 year time frame required by most schools. I have been taking upper division biology for my degree and plan to take microbio, ochem 2, and gen bio 2 this up coming spring. Do you guys know if I can go ahead and apply after I get all my pre-reqs done or if I have to retake the science courses that was taken over 5 years ago prior to applying?

Thanks, a lot in advance everyone. Have a good one.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Everyone,

I just had a career change and need some answers to clarify much confusion. I'm trying to sit down and see what pre-req I have left for most of the pharmacy programs in Texas. I have 2 questions.

1) For UNT specifically, I noticed that they require genetic and the TCCNS (texas common course number is 2316). I took genetic at UT-Austin but the course number I have is 2313 and I was a biology major back then. I went to the TCCNS but couldn't find a math for both school. Any advice?
2) I started college in 2005 but graduated in December of 2011. Some of my science courses are longer than the 5 year time frame required by most schools. I have been taking upper division biology for my degree and plan to take microbio, ochem 2, and gen bio 2 this up coming spring. Do you guys know if I can go ahead and apply after I get all my pre-reqs done or if I have to retake the science courses that was taken over 5 years ago prior to applying?

Thanks, a lot in advance everyone. Have a good one.

I would call UNT for both of your questions.
I am pretty sure your genetics class would be accepted by UNT.
As far as science classes, most schools are serious about the 5 year limit on science and math classes. But you have a degree right? If you have a degree already then the 5 year rule cancels everything out. That's what I am sure about. You don't have to worry about it.

Call UNT to confirm both of my answers. Ask them your questions, I think they would give the same answers.