University of Oklahoma 2008 - GO SOONERS!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
gourman said:
Here's a question. Does anyone know when our financial aid packages will be revealed? I have high hopes after all the talk of scholarships on the interview day!

No idea. I hope that with the end of the current semester approaching, we'll be getting some info. I got a MEDLOANS information packet from the AAMC yesterday, maybe that means something will be released soon. At any rate, I can't wait to buy my 'vette (the price of the 1st year of school).

Members don't see this ad.

Well, Chem 1 and Chem 2 are more computationally oriented than are either of the Ochem s. In the Ochem s you just memorize a bunch of reactions. I'm guessing you're pretty good at memorizing things, as you've made A's in all of biology-type classes, so I'd guess you'd do pretty well in Ochem.

Regardless, you should really seriously try to get a B in Chem 2; however, if you don't then it's not necessarily an indication of things to come, because Chem 2 is completely different from Ochem.

I agree with Ad_Sharp regarding learning the concepts taught in general chemistry. When I took the actual class it seemed like we were just plugging numbers into a bunch of mathematical equations that we had memorized. I was good at that, but I didn't really learn what was going on--just how to calculate things. Unfortunately, this doesn't work well on the MCAT, which is more conceptually oriented. You should actually understand things at some point, whether that actually be during the class or at some other time before you take the MCAT.

What up now sharp. Now that I am invisible I can strike at any time, in fact I may be watching you right now (look out). I am like a sneaky ninja that sneaks a lot a whole lot. so you need to ask yourself WWJD what would Jimbro do, odds are he would force you into slave labor in a salt mine, then whip you, then pack your wounds with salt. oh yeah and let's play this game call when you catch fire i wouldn't piss to put you out.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wordup, did you just give me bad karma? You suck.

Hey ad sharp,
I used to live in some apartments next to Baptist Hospital. I think the name was Warwick West??? My husband and I were there for a few years when we first moved to the OKC. Now I live in Shawnee, which is not too bad a drive. Actually, now we're in our second location in Shawnee. Right after I moved I called to update OU-hsc with my new address. They said, "Oh, we just sent you a letter yesterday". Anyway, I ended up going to the city, and it was a letter of acceptance. I thought that was funny!! Glad you found a place, its a nice area....

That's the apartments. I thought that they were the best locale/money combination that I could find. I liked a few other apartments, but they were either in a bad nieghborhood, or were too close to SNU or OCU (and full of loud undergrads).

Hey guys sorry I went AWOL on you. Just been busy due to the time of year-I'm sure you all are feelin' it too. Good to hear that you found an apartment that you like ad_sharp. That is a good area. I live fairly close to there (on NW 122nd and Penn-but my apartment isn't in nearly as good of an area). But, we just bought a house in Moore and so by the time school starts we'll be living there. MamaMD, I am pretty similar to you when it comes to Chemistry. Just keep your head above water and do what it takes to get your B (although a C won't completely kill your chances). Try to understand the concepts, that way when studying for the MCAT at least some things will ring a bell. You do not have to be a Chemistry wiz to do well on the MCAT and get into med school, however you do have to understand and be able to apply some of its basic concepts. I hope you all have a great rest of the semester and we'll talk to you soon!

We lived in OKC before moving to Muskogee, and lived in 2 apt. complexes by 122nd/Penn. Raindance (I think that was the name) was okay, but two complexes to the west was Grouse Run (The yellow ones, or at least they were yellow 5 years ago).
Grouse Run was really nice, and would be great for anyone looking for an apt. (It's about a 10-15 drive to the HSC.
My wife may have a job up there, so hopefully we'll start looking for a house in Norman area soon, then we can sell this one and get the HECK out of Muskogee.
Later

oudoc08 , It's good that your mrs. might have found a job. Mine is in the search right now. Hopefully, everything will be OK.

I was reading some of your posts over in the everyone forum. I'm glad that one of use is gutsy enough to tell em how it is. I know for sure that I'm not.
The everyone forum scares me. :scared:

btw, where did your wife go to pharmacy school at?

ad_sharp said:
oudoc08 , It's good that your mrs. might have found a job. Mine is in the search right now. Hopefully, everything will be OK.

I was reading some of your posts over in the everyone forum. I'm glad that one of use is gutsy enough to tell em how it is. I know for sure that I'm not.
The everyone forum scares me. :scared:

btw, where did your wife go to pharmacy school at?

I try to stay out of the political arena, but it sucks me back in everytime. I just like to argue incessantly I guess. :). That, and I talk too much (so says the wife). Speaking of her, she went to OU, grad. in '99, and works for an independent here in Muskogee.
Well, it's 2:00a, and I just got off work from my last shift as a paramedic EVER. Have mixed feelings. For one, it feels like I'm starting a new evolving chapter in life. On the flip side though, it is a great job with much autonomy, and I'm sure I'll miss it occasionally.
Everyone keeps telling me I should keep my license, but I figure it's pretty much pointless as I have to maintain state and national licensure which consists of a 48 hr refresher course and 24 hrs CE every 2 years as well as ACLS and CPR. In addition, Muskogee Co. EMS requires us to maintain Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification as well, which is why I'm done here (my card expired 3/31/04, and my 30 day grace period is about to run out). This is all to stay registered under "inactive status". I see no reason for it, so I guess I'm done. I'd ride w/ EMSA every now and then, except I used to work there, and I'd feel pretty stupid doing 3rd rides w/ people I used to work with. Anyway, I'm off to bed. Later

Anybody know a link to student health insurance through OUHSC?

How about a textbook list for 1st sem.? I bought a few review books on Amazon such as 1st aid, and a bunch of High Yield and BRS per the advice of posters on this board.

Anybody heard anything back from the scholarship committees?

You'll probably hear something closer to the end of May about the scholarships.

The school's health insurance is cheap but kind of limiting.You'll get info about that this summer too.

As for books, I used Lippincotts Review of Biochemistry, BRS Gross Anatomy (a must have), Netter's Anatomy (you can get a free one at orientation), and an embryology text that I can't remember the name of. However, the lectures in embryology are all you need to do well on the tests. Human Behavior has a "required text" but nobody buys it. If I were you guys, I would just get those 3 books I mentioned.

Enjoy your summer!

Jalopycat said:
You'll probably hear something closer to the end of May about the scholarships.

The school's health insurance is cheap but kind of limiting.You'll get info about that this summer too.

As for books, I used Lippincotts Review of Biochemistry, BRS Gross Anatomy (a must have), Netter's Anatomy (you can get a free one at orientation), and an embryology text that I can't remember the name of. However, the lectures in embryology are all you need to do well on the tests. Human Behavior has a "required text" but nobody buys it. If I were you guys, I would just get those 3 books I mentioned.

Enjoy your summer!

I have the BRS Gross Anatomy that is written by Chung. It is a fairly thin book, and it seems like someone had posted that there was another BRS anatomy book.
Could you look at this link and tell me if this is the one I need.
Thanks

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...002-0617853-1688050?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, I was wondering if anyone else here is thinking of living in the university village apartments. I like this place due to its close proximity to the school. Problem is they only have townhouses available. Thus I am in quite the imbruglio as I am in need of a roommate. If anyone has a modicum of interest in living here give wordup (yeah I refer to myself in 3rd person) a heads up.

bump bump bump it up

wordup said:
Hey, I was wondering if anyone else here is thinking of living in the university village apartments. I like this place due to its close proximity to the school. Problem is they only have townhouses available. Thus I am in quite the imbruglio as I am in need of a roommate. If anyone has a modicum of interest in living here give wordup (yeah I refer to myself in 3rd person) a heads up.

My husband works for the OUHSC and has for many years. He said they are right down the street from OUPD so that is good, he said though it is in a bad area, he says OUPD and security go through there all the time that is really is safe. Unfortunatly a lot of houses/apartments in that whole area are just not safe. My husband has seen shootings, students commit suicide, stabbings, gang problems (on campus in the evenings and at night). But he did say those apartments/townhomes are pretty safe because of OUPD and secutiry :)

MamaMD

mamaMD said:
My husband works for the OUHSC and has for many years. He said they are right down the street from OUPD so that is good, he said though it is in a bad area, he says OUPD and security go through there all the time that is really is safe. Unfortunatly a lot of houses/apartments in that whole area are just not safe. My husband has seen shootings, students commit suicide, stabbings, gang problems (on campus in the evenings and at night). But he did say those apartments/townhomes are pretty safe because of OUPD and secutiry :)

MamaMD

You won't last a second in the ghetto, Wordup. :smuggrin: You should live in the safe part of town. :)

I could think of a couple worse areas to live in OKC, but not many.

There was a fatal shooting near those apartments the other day :( Ya, I think I would stay away. The HSC is generall not in a good area of town at all. Though oupd does patrol over there a lot and they don't normally have a lot of problems, I don't think I would live there after that shooting for sure!!! LOL

Look at the SW side of okc, we have some nice apartments around here and it only takes about 10-15 mins to get to the HSC from where we live.

MamaMD

Around the 122nd & Penn/May area is nice too and about 15 min.

Well it's been a while since I last graced SDN so I thought I would take you guys on another flight of my absurd if not esoteric imagination. Here I will chronicle a few moments of my early years

Keith Courage:First Blood
One day in that winter season, I walked down the street to my friend Chase's house to see his new TurboGrafx-16. Back in that age, the Genesis had just barely surfaced and the SNES was but a myth: we had all been living in an NES world. So, needless to say, I was excited to see THE NEW 16-BIT REVOLUTION as they called it. My friend and his brother were greedily plugging away at Legendary Axe, a damned impressive game for the time. In fact, I myself wanted a TurboGrafx-16 after seeing it! After playing that for a while and admiring the colorful graphics and HARD (but I-WILL-BEAT-THIS addictive!) levels, we played some Sidearms (known as Section-Z on the NES but shhhh, don't let Nintendo know!).

So, Chase had bought those two games. But didn't the system come with a game?
''Oh yeah, Keith Courage - yeah you walk around and earn money to buy yourself weapons and beat things up. It's kind of like Ninja Gaiden but, you're not a ninja and you're this guy who blows stuff up, Keith Courage has bright colors though like bright blue and red, but I don't feel like playing it right now. Hey let's try Legendary Axe again, you're the pit-jumping god, you want to try the level that me and my brother keep dying on?''

Keith Revisited
''Hey guys, I'm glad to see you brought a TV. I brought my video game system. I don't have a lot of games for it, but this one here - Military Madness - it's really good. It's a strategy game, kind of like Command and Conquer, but turn-based. It's a lot of fun Mark, we should try it some night when our silly room-mates are going to parties and drinking and all those other things they like to do. Blazing Lazers is fun too, I'm not really into action games anymore but I think you'll like it, Pat. It's one of those spaceship games like Raiden, but this one is actually good.''

Keith Courage Vol. 3
One day, my friend Mats and I were discussing system pack-in games. He preferred Super Mario World; I preferred Sonic. Of course, he brought up Sega's FIRST pack-in game (Altered Beast), which pretty much put an end my pro-Sega ramblings. In the two years since Chase's house, I had completely forgotten about Keith Courage. Fortunately, my good friend Mats remembered and reminisced about the beginnings of the 16-bit wars...

''Well, you know how Sega released Altered Beast as a pack-in with the Genesis, and parents complained it was Satanic? That's why they changed to Sonic. Well, the Turbo people - I don't even remember what the company's name really is - well, they went the other way, their pack-in game was Keith Courage in Christian Zones. Hahaha! Now that's trying to make Sega look bad! See, the Turbo people knew which game parents would want their children to play!

''It was so funny - you walk around as this old guy, you play as Jesus! And you hit these little monsters with a stick, the Staff of Wisdom or something like that. I SHALL SMITE THEE WITH MY STICK!! You can buy better sticks, but that's all you do - hit things, pick up money, and buy sticks! When you beat enough people with your pole, the Holy Light shines down upon you, and you become robot Jesus and fly around in caves, incinerating monsters with lasers, though the instructions probably say you're smiting sinners or something like that. FEEL THE WRATH OF GOD UPON YE, AND REPENT!! And then you turn back into normal Jesus, walk around hunched over like you've got some debilitating spinal cord injury, and poke things with sticks again until you turn back into robot Jesus! And you do that over and over and over and over!

''Altered Beast is unusual, but whoever designed Keith Courage in Christian Zones must have been using some serious drugs.''

A few years later, I realized the main character was named Keith Courage, and not Jesus. I have also been informed that the game has nothing at all to do with Christianity. However, people tell me that - aside from those minor details - Mats' synopsis of the game is surprisingly accurate.

In the annals of video game history, Keith Courage in Alpha Zones shall always be remembered as peoples' first experience with the TurboGrafx-16, a system that would later be known for classics such as Ys, Legendary Axe, Military Madness, Cotton, Gate of Thunder, and Ninja Spirit. Is Keith a fitting memory for such a system? Only the Lord knows.

So in conclusion Keith courage and myself have been inexorably linked in this crazy willy-nilly world.

Just a quick question for you COM 2008'ers....
Im just finishing up my junior year in Norman, going to apply to OU COM and was wondering if the HSC lets you purchase football tickets just as the undergrads get to.

thanks
BOOOOOOOOMERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kieth Courage rocked. I loved turbographix!

When I was at my interview, almost all of the students said that they had season tickets to the OU football games. I don't really know how to go about getting them, but I would buy them if they're offered to us. Going to the games would be a lot of fun.

ad_sharp said:
When I was at my interview, almost all of the students said that they had season tickets to the OU football games. I don't really know how to go about getting them, but I would buy them if they're offered to us. Going to the games would be a lot of fun.

If you like football, words can't describe OU football games. Being there in person is something else. I would HIGHLY recommend getting tickets if you can. :D

If you're just finishing up your junior year, did you just get done taking the MCAT? How do you think it went? Will you be applying this summer?

Let me know if you need any help w/ the application and/or process. I would be more than happy to read your personal statement/offer advice if you like. The whole thing can be a little drawn-out and confusing at times. Good luck.

ad_sharp said:
If you're just finishing up your junior year, did you just get done taking the MCAT? How do you think it went? Will you be applying this summer?

Let me know if you need any help w/ the application and/or process. I would be more than happy to read your personal statement/offer advice if you like. The whole thing can be a little drawn-out and confusing at times. Good luck.

Yeah, i took the mcat in april...thought it was tough, but slightly easier than the kaplan full-lengths (which i was scoring ok...high 20s low 30s). My gpa is good (3.9ish) and i will be applying to OU this summer. Im currently slaving over what to include in my personal statement...just not sure where to start. your advice would be greatly appreciated. :D

PM me if you need anything over the course of the summer.

Just got the fall schedule in the mail. August 11th = 1st day as a med student. Yaaaaaahhhhhhoooooooo!!! :) :D :) :D

I want to congratulate everyone of you for your acceptantce to O.U. COM. I am hoping to join your ranks very soon, most likely in the Fall of 2006. I did my undergrad degree at S.M.U. in Dallas, a Bachelor of Music degree. My G.P.A. is was an all too impressive 2.577. Anyhow, I came back to OKC in order to assist my mother with my terminally ill grandmother. They both served as my guardians due to the fact that my father has been in prison since I was 2. So, yes, I am a URM due to financial drama. While I helped my grandmother in the evenings, my mother would work nights and vica versa during daytime hours. I had always wanted to go into science/medicine, but never really had the confidence in myself to do so. Also, I had a scholarship in music at a private school like S.M.U. so I couldn't pass it up. Well, I enrolled at OKCCC took zoo, chem 1, chem 2, microbio, A and P etc. . . and kept a 3.75 G.P.A. I wanted to do Physics and OChem at O.U. I knew the only way to do this, and afford it, was to do a masters degree in music at O.U. and pick up my upper level sciences while I am there. So, I am doing that now. Finishing my second semester of graduate school in music and finishing up OCHEM. Grad G.P.A. has been a 4.0 so far, but OCHEM this semester has been kind of ugly. I have a 78 right now. I am hoping to pull it up with the final. I have Dr. Nelson, I don't know if any of you have had her as well. So, if things dont' go perfectly I might make a C in there. I plan on doing physics this summer and then finish OCHEM this next fall. I am aiming to take the MCAT next april. Ultimately I will probably be applying to OU COM with a 3.07 overall and a 3.4 science. I am wanting to go into Otolaryngology due to the fact that I am a singer. I have also done shadowing with a ENT MD. My science GPA should be 3.8, but at SMU lol I took a Chem and a Bio for liberal arts and made a D and C respectively. Hopefully time will heal those wounds. lol Also, I plan on taking the Princeton Review MCAT course. Does anyone have any other suggestions etc. . .? I am sorry for such a long message, and the main reason I write this is so that you all will know who I am etc. . . If you have any hints, suggestions etc. . . please let me know. I appreciate all of your help.

ad_sharp said:
Just got the fall schedule in the mail. August 11th = 1st day as a med student. Yaaaaaahhhhhhoooooooo!!! :) :D :) :D

Just got mine too. :clap:
Did you notice, only 1 week for winter break? :eek:
Quite a change from undergrad. At least speaking for myself, we got 4 weeks.

Holy crap, Batman! That is a short break. By the end of spring, I'll be one burned out mofo.

Yeah, that sucks about the short break. Hey Wanderso, keep up the hard work. It sounds like you have a great story and we all hope that you make it. Good luck! Later!

Good luck to you wanderso.

Yo Sooners! I'm selling my house in Norman. Pass this on if you or anyone is interested.

For sale by owner: Brick 3 bed 2 bath 2 car garage on cul-de-sac, large backyard w/privacy fence, northeast norman off of Sooner Road, 1291 square feet. $97,500.

See www.hewood.com for pictures and full info.

For questions or to make an appointment email [email protected] or call 405.517.9518 and leave message.

Commute: ~12 min. to OU main campus, ~30 min. to Health Sciences Center

Anybody happen to know the name/phone # of the gated apts. next to the HSC?
My wife's job opp. fell through in OKC, and it looks like I may be moving to the city by myself, and coming back to Muskogee on the weekends. Anybody ever hear of anyone in med school doing this? The way I figure it, having Mon-Fri. school w/o interruption, and taking weekends completely off, wouldn't be any different than being w/ family all the time and having to prioritize time all through the week.
That way, my wife can keep her job her, we won't have to buy/sell house, etc.
Any thoughts?

OUDOC, I am so sorry to hear that your wife's job opp. didn't work out. Below are the detalis for the university village apts. at the OUHSC. What you have mentioned in your post isn't unusual. I know a third year at OUHSC whose wife goes to a medical school in a completely different state. I know you obviously aren't looking at doing the same thing, but just in relation to what they are doing I know that they are at least one couple who has to deal with being apart. I hope and pray everything works out.
http://www.ou.edu/universityvillage/

University Village Apartments
Attn: Manager's Office
900 N. Stonewall Avenue
Oklahoma City OK 73117

phone: (405)271-0500
fax: (405)271-0670

oudoc08,

I have heard of others doing this. I lived at OUHSC last summer while my wife lived and went to school down in Durant (three hours away). I drove home every weekend. It's not the best arrangement, but its doable. In addition, my father just graduated from SMU this last year. He lived in Dallas during the week and my mom and brothers lived up near OKC. Once again, not easy, but it can be done. Just make sure that your wife is on board. She is a pharmacist, so I'm sure that she knows about the rigors that you'll face.

Also, you should talk to Wordup. He's a great guy and he's looking for a room mate at the same apartment complex.....I mean if you want a roommate. It would be cheaper to split the cost of a two bedroom two ways than get a single yourself. While I lived in OKC last summer, I had two roomates in a four bedroom apartment. I enjoyed their company and it made the seperation from Mrs. ad_sharp much more tolerable.

Anyhoo, I hope everything works out for you. Let me know if there's anything I can help with. I've looked at several of the apartment complexes around so I could give you some info.

I've lived, worked and went to school in OKLA since 1994 and somehow residency status has come under question at OUHSC. I've submitted everythiing from warranty deeds, voter reg., to student loan SAR's, so hopefully it'll resolve.
Anybody else have any problems like this? Got my fin. aid award notice today. Was a shock to see that I got about $60,000 in financial aid until I saw why (non-resident). Supposed to go to a petition review committee next week. What a pain.
Ad, what apts are you looking at by Baptist? What kind of rates do they have?
The univ. village rates are horrendous. When I moved from OKC in '99, I paid $430 for a large two bdrm around 900sf, at Grouse Run between May and Penn on 122nd. Nice neighborhood, beautiful apts, etc. Was shocked to see that a studio with around 400sf was $450 at Univ. village. I think I'll look around a bit.
Later

I think the reason OUHSC Univ. Village rates are so high is due to the proximity of Bricktown. Ever since the Deep Deuce apartments and the garage lofts etc. . . became filled everyone is starting to charge ridiculous prices for "urban" living. Also, and you all may know this, a developer is building a twelve story set of lofts/apartments in Bricktown above the old Sherman Iron Works building and a new stretch of townhomes are opening in the arts district. Supposedly downtown OKC's housing market can not fill the demand fast enough, as far as urban/hip living is concerned. I was shocked to see the prices of Univ. Village as well, but I think that O.U. realizes how much of a convenience it is to have OKC's best nightlife and obviously the school in the same 2-5 mile radius. I hope you all have the best of luck finding apts. There is another complex downtown called Sycamore Square. It is in the OKC Arts district right by the civic center. It might be a bit more affordable. I hope everything works out.

oudoc08,

The rates at my apartments aren't a whole lot better, but they're in a nice neighborhood and close to the school. A one bedroom (about 800 square feet) is goint to run you about $499, but w/ the $20 student discount, it'll de $479/mo. My two bedroom (1024 sq ft) is going to cost me $579/mo with the discount :( . It's expensive, but it's a nice location. Because my wife hasn't found a job yet, we wanted something right in the middle of the city where a drive to edmond or norman would be easy. The apartments come w/ washer and drier. Hope this helps. btw, I hope that your residency status gets resolved, that sucks.

I've had a little problem w/ the financial aid myself. I did the fafsa back at the end of Feb, but I noticed the other day that I needed to include my parents income for need-based scholarships. Why? I don't know considering that my taxes are independent and I've been married for two years. Anyhoo, I resubmitted it last week. I hope that everything goes alright and the financial aid package is up to par. Daddy needs a new tv.

The Mitsubishi widescreens are nice.

My husband works at the OUHSC. We live off I-240 and S Penn (takes about 10 mins to get to HSC from my apartment, its all highway). Anyways, we pay $400 a month for a 2 bedroom, close to 1000sq feet with a balcony/patio, no dogs/cats allowed. Now these are not bad apartments, but nothing fancy at all. Just wanted to mention this to anyone who is on a budget or needs somewhere cheap to live. I have lived here for 4 years and have never had any problems. But like I said, they are nothing fancy and some people may not like that.

A nice complex IMO is Brookwood Village :) I would love to live there but I can't afford it.

MamaMD

Quick Question--

I'm legally an Oklahoma resident (doing my undergrad in Mass. though) and was wondering if A) with that I'll still be considered an Oklahoma resident here in a few years when I'm applying and B) how difficult is it to get in as an OK resident/non-OK resident. My frosh GPA was extremely ugly, but a giant upswing (sitting with a 2.8 -- 3.3 this past spring) and had it not been for some mitigating facors this semester, that prolly would have been higher. Even though it's my frosh year, am I screwed (I am studying Engineering...)

Thanks!!!

BaylorHopeful said:
Quick Question--

I'm legally an Oklahoma resident (doing my undergrad in Mass. though) and was wondering if A) with that I'll still be considered an Oklahoma resident here in a few years when I'm applying and B) how difficult is it to get in as an OK resident/non-OK resident. My frosh GPA was extremely ugly, but a giant upswing (sitting with a 2.8 -- 3.3 this past spring) and had it not been for some mitigating facors this semester, that prolly would have been higher. Even though it's my frosh year, am I screwed (I am studying Engineering...)

Thanks!!!

As of this point, you're not screwed, but you should continue on an upward trend. I think that you'll be considered in state if your permanant residence, voter registration, or taxes are paid to Oklahoma. You should check with oudoc08. He knows more about this than I do.

As for getting in to OU goes........only ten percent of the class can be taken from out of state. I've heard that it is really difficult to get in from somewhere else (although it is possible). They take the full 10% every year. Just continue to improve your gpa and study the mcat when it gets here and you should be fine. pm me if you want any more info.

Baylor, Here is a link detailing OU's residency requirements.
http://www.ou.edu/admrec/residency.htm

As well, if you have specific questions, here is the person you need to email at OUHSC. She is the one handling my residency petition.

Pam Harris
Regulatory Officer
Office of Admissions & Records
#405-271-2347, Ext 48908
[email protected]

anyone know of any clinic/hospital in tulsa where i can get some "hands on" experience? ER waiting room desk tech is really starting to be boring =/.

Hey OUdoc you could be my roommate it would be cool. The twonhouses are $699/month so if you split that 2 ways you would only have to pay like $500. I would even let you cook for me, you can't beat a deal like that.

wordup said:
Hey OUdoc you could be my roommate it would be cool. The twonhouses are $699/month so if you split that 2 ways you would only have to pay like $500. I would even let you cook for me, you can't beat a deal like that.

As of now, I'm not looking for a roommate, since we'll be using the apt. as a transition move hopefully sometime in the next year (i.e. storage boxes everywhere) in addition to living there. As well, my wife and 2 kids will prob. come stay occasiionally. Will let you know if I hear of anyone looking though.