University of Oklahoma 2013?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK does take care of their own students. The dean told me that out of 1600 OSS applications, they only interviewed 30 and offered 24 seats. The rest of the 6 OSS were placed on the waiting list.
Based on stat, about 80% of OSS will eventually give up their acceptance to attend medical schools somewhere else. So, OK residents will be moved up from the waiting list to replace them.
It seems OU is pretty fair to their residents, no?
Also, they only interviewed OSS students that have ties in OK... They specifically asked me this question in my secondary application.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
For those of you planning to retake the MCAT, I suggest that you take the Kaplan course to improve your score. It's about $1800/course, but it's worth every penny. My MCAT score increased 11 points from the diagnostic test (after just 6 weeks of training)

Just buying typical MCAT books alone will not give you high score, you need the testing materials that developed by Kaplan. I heard they invested millions of dollar into developing these materials.

and no, I do not work for Kaplan, I am a student of class 2013...

Good luck everyone!

For those of you planning to retake the MCAT, I suggest that you take the Kaplan course to improve your score. It's about $1800/course, but it's worth every penny. My MCAT score increased 11 points from the diagnostic test (after just 6 weeks of training)

Just buying typical MCAT books alone will not give you high score, you need the testing materials that developed by Kaplan. I heard they invested millions of dollar into developing these materials.

and no, I do not work for Kaplan, I am a student of class 2013...

Good luck everyone!

I realize everybody has their own opinion on what worked for them, but let me say that I strongly disagree with this.

First let me say that I taught for the Princeton Review MCAT and was offered a job with KAPLAN this summer.

As someone that has taken and taught those courses let me suggest that you save that ridiculous amount of money. I highly recommend Exam Krackers. Its a book set that I used when I took the MCAT and found it an amazing value. More than teach the information the Exam Krackers teach the EXAM, which is a big difference.

Lastly might I say that while I was a teacher I used the Exam Krackers suggestions and materials for my class and they had the highest average MCAT score of any Princeton class in the state. And I'm not some awesome teacher, I think I just gave them the best material available to me.

My roommate used Exam Krackers for the verbal only and improved from a 5 to a 13 (he probably got a little lucky too, but thats no joke)

Members don't see this ad :)
I also used exam krackers...paid 100 for the materials online score went from a 18 on the diagnostic to a 31. It is unfortunately a secret to many in the pre-med world how great they really are! Even if you do use another prep service, EK does the best Verbal out there, check the reviews online for yourself. I strongly recommend them especially for Verbal!

I highly recommend Exam Krackers. Its a book set that I used when I took the MCAT and found it an amazing value. More than teach the information the Exam Krackers teach the EXAM, which is a big difference.

Very much agree with this statement. For an example: I took the MCAT without having taken any bio since high school (over 10 years previous) and no organic courses. I relied solely on the EK books/Audio Osmosis to learn these subjects and get tips on the other sections of the test. I used their practice tests as well as the ones offered by the people who give the MCAT to gauge my progress. After only 1 month of studying while still working full-time at my day job, it netted me a 34. (Granted that the BS portion of the test was my lowest by 3 points).

This is what I'll have to gun for. OU wants a score posted by September 1st, which means the latest test I could take is July 30. I am taking a diagnostic day after tomorrow. Then I'm in Europe for 1 month - can't really study because it's for work, but I will bring Audio Osmosis and a notebook and just do that at night, breaks, whatever. Then when I get back in July, just crack those books as hard as possible. I got a 30Q in August 2006, so I need to at least top that by 2 or 3.

In a perfect world, I'll try to get a bit of an extension from OU and see if I can't take an mid/early August test, which posts scores in the middle/end of September. I just don't know if that's realistic.

With a score around then you'll probably see a second or third round interview depending on the score

Yeah I hear that. MY GPA is not good - just a 3.1 or something, so my interview score came out around 10.6 and I was a January 16th. I just want an interview before New Years if that's possible. That, and MAYBE being a reapp could possibly get me in.

This is what I'll have to gun for. OU wants a score posted by September 1st, which means the latest test I could take is July 30. I am taking a diagnostic day after tomorrow. Then I'm in Europe for 1 month - can't really study because it's for work, but I will bring Audio Osmosis and a notebook and just do that at night, breaks, whatever. Then when I get back in July, just crack those books as hard as possible. I got a 30Q in August 2006, so I need to at least top that by 2 or 3.

In a perfect world, I'll try to get a bit of an extension from OU and see if I can't take an mid/early August test, which posts scores in the middle/end of September. I just don't know if that's realistic.

The September 1st thing is only if you want a first round interview. If scores are posted afterwards, they can still be used, but just not for the first round. Technically you could take the September mcat and still be okay because the amcas deadline (and OU's deadline) is Oct. 15.

Hey, guys, if I can be of any help at all, I'd be happy to do that. Otherwise, I'll go away. :oops:

Phange, I'm sorry you've had such rotten luck - truly - and I admire your persistence. After three tries, I would have to agree it's time to apply elsewhere and as widely as possible. I won't try to change your mind but since this thread is very widely read (all the Oklahoma threads get an astronomical amount of traffic for reasons I've never fully understood) I'd like to present an alternate viewpoint.

It's true that you will not get an interview at OU unless you pass the MCAT/GPA-derived selection index. Although it "cuts" a few people who will probably be very fine doctors (and who will undoubtedly be admitted somewhere else), the system is - to my mind - eminently fair. As an over-40 applicant, I had very tough odds against me for getting into an allopathic school. I had a great application - good MCAT, GPA, and tons of volunteer work from my 20 years as a healthcare administrator - but I had so many schools that wouldn't even speak to me. Age discrimination is illegal, but it exists. At OU, however, I had a good selection index and was given an opportunity to interview and to present my story. I'll be a Senior in three weeks.

Once you pass the MCAT/GPA screen, your academic credentials are no longer an issue - you have acceptable "stats" to be in the next class. After that, it's all the soft stuff - who you are, your personality, your non-academic accomplishments, etc. The "soft" stuff is very carefully looked at - probably moreso than other schools - because you have to pass the selection index screen before your app is closely evaluated. It can be tough but, again, I think it's very fair. I don't want to make anybody angry, but I think OU's "cutoffs" are reasonable (unless your GPA is bad for some non-academic reason). The people I knew whose MCAT scores were near the bottom of what is acceptable at OU were people who really struggled in first year, and a couple didn't make it. We don't want that to happen more often by taking lower MCATs. It's very hard to get into medical school, but once you're in the university is committed to getting you through. OU is a very solid mid-level allopathic school and the curriculum is tough.

On the OOS issue, OU by law cannot take more than 20% OOS - by state statute. If you knew the interview process as well as I do, you'd know that OU has an extremely rigorous in-state preference - remember, they won't even interview an OOS candidate unless he/she can prove ties to Oklahoma that make it likely that the OOS person might choose to stay in Oklahoma. Most OU classes have 10% or less OOS - the 20% limit has never been approached to my knowledge. And remember, those OOS folks who are accepted are paying OOS tuition that is just about double what an in-state student pays, so it's no picnic for them.

No medical school scholarships are need-based. Once you make it to medical school, all of us are assumed to be financially-independent from our families and none of us are going to have a wage income after we start medical school - so we're all in the same boat. OU does offer some large tuition waivers (about half) to first-year students they really want - it's a recruiting thing. OU has worked hard to build its scholarship fund - even though I'm much older, I have won merit-based scholarships every year.

I can't help remembering my application days when you guys are so frustrated that campus is busy - because I felt exactly the same way. But, once you're in, and you're trying to get end-of-semester grades and loans and residency apps and out-of-state rotations and God-knows-what-else, you really don't want to hear about the work involved with the incoming class. Be patient - I know it's getting late - but Dotty is the absolute best - but all of those people work on many projects, and the administrative staff is probably much smaller than what you'd guess.

This is probably my longest SDN post ever - but if I can be of help, please ask. Good luck!!

Sdotsom, I know OU talks about that 9-1 deadline but it isn't very firm. I took the MCAT on August 14, scores weren't published until Sept 20-ish, and I had a first day interview. Now if your GPA is a little lower that might not be in the cards for you, but there is absolutely nothing wrong with an August MCAT date for you or OU

Thought you might like to know that

The September 1st thing is only if you want a first round interview. If scores are posted afterwards, they can still be used, but just not for the first round. Technically you could take the September mcat and still be okay because the amcas deadline (and OU's deadline) is Oct. 15.

So I guess I can put on my old MCAT from August 06 on, and just say on my AMCAS that I'm going to take the September 10th one.

If I remember correctly, I think AMCAS just automatically sends on the new scores to the schools, so OU will just get it in October. Hopefully I'll still get an interview before the 2009 is over.

Hey, guys, if I can be of any help at all, I'd be happy to do that. Otherwise, I'll go away. :oops:

Phange, I'm sorry you've had such rotten luck - truly - and I admire your persistence. After three tries, I would have to agree it's time to apply elsewhere and as widely as possible. I won't try to change your mind but since this thread is very widely read (all the Oklahoma threads get an astronomical amount of traffic for reasons I've never fully understood) I'd like to present an alternate viewpoint.

It's true that you will not get an interview at OU unless you pass the MCAT/GPA-derived selection index. Although it "cuts" a few people who will probably be very fine doctors (and who will undoubtedly be admitted somewhere else), the system is - to my mind - eminently fair. As an over-40 applicant, I had very tough odds against me for getting into an allopathic school. I had a great application - good MCAT, GPA, and tons of volunteer work from my 20 years as a healthcare administrator - but I had so many schools that wouldn't even speak to me. Age discrimination is illegal, but it exists. At OU, however, I had a good selection index and was given an opportunity to interview and to present my story. I'll be a Senior in three weeks.

Once you pass the MCAT/GPA screen, your academic credentials are no longer an issue - you have acceptable "stats" to be in the next class. After that, it's all the soft stuff - who you are, your personality, your non-academic accomplishments, etc. The "soft" stuff is very carefully looked at - probably moreso than other schools - because you have to pass the selection index screen before your app is closely evaluated. It can be tough but, again, I think it's very fair. I don't want to make anybody angry, but I think OU's "cutoffs" are reasonable (unless your GPA is bad for some non-academic reason). The people I knew whose MCAT scores were near the bottom of what is acceptable at OU were people who really struggled in first year, and a couple didn't make it. We don't want that to happen more often by taking lower MCATs. It's very hard to get into medical school, but once you're in the university is committed to getting you through. OU is a very solid mid-level allopathic school and the curriculum is tough.

On the OOS issue, OU by law cannot take more than 20% OOS - by state statute. If you knew the interview process as well as I do, you'd know that OU has an extremely rigorous in-state preference - remember, they won't even interview an OOS candidate unless he/she can prove ties to Oklahoma that make it likely that the OOS person might choose to stay in Oklahoma. Most OU classes have 10% or less OOS - the 20% limit has never been approached to my knowledge. And remember, those OOS folks who are accepted are paying OOS tuition that is just about double what an in-state student pays, so it's no picnic for them.

No medical school scholarships are need-based. Once you make it to medical school, all of us are assumed to be financially-independent from our families and none of us are going to have a wage income after we start medical school - so we're all in the same boat. OU does offer some large tuition waivers (about half) to first-year students they really want - it's a recruiting thing. OU has worked hard to build its scholarship fund - even though I'm much older, I have won merit-based scholarships every year.

I can't help remembering my application days when you guys are so frustrated that campus is busy - because I felt exactly the same way. But, once you're in, and you're trying to get end-of-semester grades and loans and residency apps and out-of-state rotations and God-knows-what-else, you really don't want to hear about the work involved with the incoming class. Be patient - I know it's getting late - but Dotty is the absolute best - but all of those people work on many projects, and the administrative staff is probably much smaller than what you'd guess.

This is probably my longest SDN post ever - but if I can be of help, please ask. Good luck!!

Thank you for sharing your perspective Non-TradTulsa! Congrats on nearing your 4th year! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Just withdrew from OU, I'm OOS . I really hope someone here gets my spot.

I have to disagree with NTT here on a minor point. While they aren't totally based on need, it is a definite component in my experience. The application actually asks for extenuating circumstances, etc. I am pretty sure that I didn't receive one my first year because my wife and I made so much bank at the time, despite the fact that my numbers were comparable to some who received the bigger first year awards (I did receive one for this past year and was awarded another for the upcoming year now that I have kids and no longer work). Again, I'm not on the committee, that's just my opinion.

I'm not sure if it's a cause for celebration - but I did just hear of a friend's brother who got his BRE yesterday. In-state and non-reapplicant. The only extra factor I think he could have had over the rest of us is that he is a double legacy - father and sister went to OU COM (then again, this could have had no effect).

Here's hoping we have many more in-state non-reapplicants coming off the waitlist soon! And thanks Napyus for sharing your update - I hope your spot goes to someone on this thread too (though since you're OOS, I know it won't be me!).

In Europe for work, so my BRE anticipation is now waiting to get an email from my mom, where I've asked OU to send the BRE if it is to come. Good luck to all, as usual.

At least I'll be able to ease the pain with 10 pints of lager and an Oasis concert on Sunday night!

OU is where I want to go, but I'm wondering if I'm more likely to get a scholarship if I have acceptances from other schools too. Do they know where else you have been accepted when they offer the scholarships?

OU is where I want to go, but I'm wondering if I'm more likely to get a scholarship if I have acceptances from other schools too. Do they know where else you have been accepted when they offer the scholarships?
They're not that calculating. If they think you have an outstanding application and they think you have something special about you that will contribute to the diversity of the class, then they'll offer you a tuition waiver to "sweeten" the offer - but it's done on a rolling basis - when they send your acceptance it will either have a scholarship offer or it won't, so it's almost always way too early (pre-May 15) for them to know where else you have an acceptance.

This is my own opinion, but from what I've seen OU doesn't put an inordinate amount of effort into competing with other schools for the highest MCATs and GPAs from traditional students - they already get plenty of apps from impressively well-qualified traditional students who comprise the majority of each class. Of course they want well-qualified people and they set some pretty high standards - but OU, to their credit, is extremely serious about class diversity. I had good, but not astronomical, "numbers" - I think they offered me a scholarship because I had been a healthcare financial manager for over 20 years and I could offer knowledge, and a viewpoint, that would otherwise not exist in the class.

So, if you have a 30+ MCAT and a 3.5+ GPA (you don't have to have those numbers, I just mean "very well qualified"), I would give some serious thought to, "what's different about me - what have I done that most people haven't done that would add a new experience to my medical school class?" If you focus on that, you'll be way ahead of the game at OU interviews. If you have "good numbers," I'd say OU is more interested in what makes you unique than whether you got a 32 or a 36 - because either score makes you "well qualified" and they just don't obsess about that stuff.

Sound of crickets on here!

Any word on recent number off the waitlist? I don't mind calling the Admin office on Monday if not.

What's up, fellow 'listers? Well, it's June 21st. Only a month-ish left. I'd imagine there's not a lot of possible movement from here on out, but I can only hope eh?

In any regard, it's awful quiet here!

Mrs. Shaw says 40 people have been accepted off the wait list. That's quite a lot considering it's still June. Still, it kinda stinks knowing I'm in the "back of the pack". Guess my chances are extremely slim now, huh? I'd assume not many people are accepted in July.

Geez louise ... the waitlist already has 40 off (which is good and kind of incredible sounding!)? Phange, did she say how many people are still holding multiple acceptances? I think that's the only remaining gauge on how many more spots we may be able to expect opening up.

Geez louise ... the waitlist already has 40 off (which is good and kind of incredible sounding!)? Phange, did she say how many people are still holding multiple acceptances? I think that's the only remaining gauge on how many more spots we may be able to expect opening up.

She said there's three that currently have multiple acceptances. With accent on "that we know of". I'm guessing it can't be much more than that, however. Not good.

Thanks for the info Phange! Yeah, I'm not holding but like 1% chance hope now. 40 off the list out of 61! That's already record breaking I think since I thought someone said last year's was only in the high 20s. I need to be (really) serious about attending my backup school now. My mail is being forwarded to my parents, and I leave for a 16 day trip abroad this Saturday - wahoo!

Congrats to everyone who did make it off the waitlist - yall are rockstars! :)

She said there's three that currently have multiple acceptances. With accent on "that we know of". I'm guessing it can't be much more than that, however. Not good.

Don't forget that they can only see AMCAS-processed multiple acceptances, so anyone that applied to med schools via AACOMAS and TMDSAS will not be listed on OU's list as holding multiple acceptances. Hope certainly isn't lost, 40/61 isn't the end of movement and there have been years past where waitlist movement was >40.

In last year's wait list topic, a number of people were accepted in July. One was accepted in the last week of July.

Gettin deep into the re-app process now, but still hold a small hope..

Got the BRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well my parents emailed me that it came! Two days ago.

Keep your spirits up, it can still happen! :)

Got the BRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well my parents emailed me that it came! Two days ago.

Keep your spirits up, it can still happen! :)

Congratulations! Well, there's less than twenty people left on the wait list and a whole month until it officially ends. One can only hope that I'll get a BRE, eh? I'm happy for you! I've found inner peace during this wait list process and learned to accept the successes I've had (IE, being in a wonderful Master's program) and the successes I'll attain someday (medical school). I didn't choose Public Health to get my foot in the door for medical school, I chose it to further my understanding of what needs to be done to save primary care in this country. I'll work hard, and you be sure to work extra hard in medical school! I'll be rootin' for ya (and I may even be there too!)

Well, I've already got my AMCAS application up and complete, just working on transcripts/letters which I'd imagine should be done by mid-August at the latest. I'm still holding onto the hope of getting accepted in July... it's always possible. Good luck to all of you and congratulations to those who were accepted!

This is what I'm so surprised at. I know everyone applying to OU isn't on this site, but all I'm reading about is out-of-staters getting in, and re-app in-staters. It seems that the waitlist is cruelest to someone who's just a first time in-stater.

I don't mean to be rude, but shouldn't a state sponsored school have some obligation to it's own people before they go accepting out of staters? Especially if those other states have large chain systems of medical schools? I mean damn, I pay OK taxes right?

You do realize that these out-staters you are whining about pretty much all have significant Oklahoma ties, and may have been in the state longer than you even? many are just trying to return to their home state.

You do realize that these out-staters you are whining about pretty much all have significant Oklahoma ties, and may have been in the state longer than you even? many are just trying to return to their home state.

I would go so far to say that ALL OOS applicants that get accepted to OUCOM have very strong ties to this state. Oklahoma has to breed its own docs since not many come in from other places. They are HIGHLY committed to doing this.

Thanks for bringing up a quote from nearly a month ago that I haven't mentioned since.

Anyone try getting in touch with Dotty recently? I'd imagine they need a break at some point in this process, just wanted to know some stuff about next year and doing this **** all over again.

Also, has any reapp even gotten the feedback on their app without going to the workshop? I couldn't make it back due to work, but would like to know what they thought.

Also, has any reapp even gotten the feedback on their app without going to the workshop? I couldn't make it back due to work, but would like to know what they thought.

be persistent in calling the admissions office. ask if you can make an appointment to sit down with someone to discuss your upcoming application. i missed the reapplication workshop and did this last year. i was able to sit down one-on-one with somebody to go over my strong points, weak points, and an overall plan for a more successful application. it was really helpful (much more helpful than others have found the workshop to be).

in my experience, it's incredibly difficult to get anyone to divulge any specific notes from your interview in order to figure out "what they thought". you may get a few hints if you push hard enough, though.

good luck and don't give up.

Man, this wait is just brutal. I understand the implication that my last application didn't include transcripts from my MPH curriculum until my interview happened in January, so I may have overestimated how much of an impact my MPH status had on my application.

That said, when I found out about their ridiculous "Rule of 142" where the first 142 interviews are based solely on GPA/MCAT and only require 2 out of 3 accepts from an interview in order to auto-accept the interviewee, I learned there's not a lot you can do to improve your application beyond improving your GPA and MCAT. That's fine, and I fully understand why they do it. Still, when you're a graduate student you don't have a lot of options for improving undergraduate GPA. I've worked very hard to maintain nearly a 4.0 in Public Health, so here's hoping that my reapplication impresses them. I get the feeling it'll be one of the classic "it helped you, but it didn't really help you" answers I get after every workshop. If it doesn't help you get an early interview, it didn't really help you do anything except get higher on the wait list (if that).

I'm not feeling negative about it, though. I've made it farther than ever before just by getting on the wait list, so I can't complain. And I definitely feel blessed to have my Public Health courses; I've learned a lot about how health care works from multiple facets of the system. I consider my extra time and rejections to be a blessing in disguise; I even met my fiancee because I wasn't in Oklahoma City. So to the other waitlistees here who feel down, just remember that sometimes rejection is the best thing that can ever happen to you. After my first rejection, I turned my entire life around. I made A's and only A's from that point on. I truly learned how to study. I even started exercising and lost a considerable amount of weight. It made me a much happier person overall.

So true. I was admitted as an oos applicant a few years ago, and I'm about an Oklahoman as any in-state applicant. My family moved to OK when I was one, I graduated from an OK high school and my parents live here. I don't exactly think the school was doing a huge disservice to Oklahomans by admitting me. I'll also note that even with my pretty strong ties, I was still expected to have stronger than average credentials to even get looked at. When compared with other states, Oklahoma is pretty fair to its people. I know applying to medical school sucks, but don't hate the oos people.

Don't forget that they can only see AMCAS-processed multiple acceptances, so anyone that applied to med schools via AACOMAS and TMDSAS will not be listed on OU's list as holding multiple acceptances.

FYI just wanted to let you know I believe OU can see multiple acceptances. I received an email from my ex-TMDSAS back-up school saying OU had contacted them about offering me a spot in their class. Therefore there is definitely some communication at least between AMCAS and TMDSAS schools knowing who has offers where (maybe not for the Caribbean, etc. schools though).

Still talking to Dotty, and it's funny to hear her language in the emails saying "if you need to re-apply", or "if we can't offer you a spot in this year's class" - as if there's gonna be positions given out in this final week of July. I love her optimism I guess. She was really quite nice with me though - told me exactly what my interviewers and people thought of my file.

I'm having to re-use my old LORs since my bosses are on sabbatical this year, but hopefully an additional 1, my new Personal Statement, and new MCAT will change up my old game enough.

Still talking to Dotty, and it's funny to hear her language in the emails saying "if you need to re-apply", or "if we can't offer you a spot in this year's class" - as if there's gonna be positions given out in this final week of July. I love her optimism I guess. She was really quite nice with me though - told me exactly what my interviewers and people thought of my file.

I'm having to re-use my old LORs since my bosses are on sabbatical this year, but hopefully an additional 1, my new Personal Statement, and new MCAT will change up my old game enough.

One guy got in on the 27th last year, but I have to laugh at the obvious futility of it all. Oh well, here's to next year. IIRC if you were waitlisted one year it adds some "brownie points" to your re-application. I'm sure that amounts to a hill of beans in the long run, but hey.

Man....so my mom calls me and says that I got a letter from OUCOM as I'm waiting for the metro home - I flip out and ask her if it's red. And it wasn't. Now I'm just really confused. I have a financial aid award for med school sitting back home in Enid, but I haven't even been accepted. Man they sure do like to mess with a guy.

FYI just wanted to let you know I believe OU can see multiple acceptances. I received an email from my ex-TMDSAS back-up school saying OU had contacted them about offering me a spot in their class. Therefore there is definitely some communication at least between AMCAS and TMDSAS schools knowing who has offers where (maybe not for the Caribbean, etc. schools though).

Whoa, now that is really interesting. I honestly was told that even if the school could see the number of other acceptances via AMCAS that they couldn't see the specific schools. I'm curious if just TMDSAS makes their acceptances available to other systems or if everyone can see everything.

Well, it's August 1st. Guess the wait list closes today, huh? Good luck to all of us next year I suppose!

Oh, and funny story... as a student of the Health Science Center already, I've been burned royally by the HSC in terms of thinking I got my acceptance letter. A few weeks ago I got a giant packet from the HSC Office of Admissions and Records. I flipped out... only to find out it was my Certificate of Public Health (you get it for making A's and B's in your core MPH classes). Wow, that was so uncool. To be fair, they didn't know and were just doing their job.

But then it got even worse. A week ago I got an email from the Office of Admissions titled "Congratulations on your acceptance!". Once again, I got all kinds of excited. When I opened the email, it was my acceptance to the Health Administration and Policy major for my MPH.

Oh well, it's worth a laugh.

Well, it's August 1st. Guess the wait list closes today, huh? Good luck to all of us next year I suppose!

Oh, and funny story... as a student of the Health Science Center already, I've been burned royally by the HSC in terms of thinking I got my acceptance letter. A few weeks ago I got a giant packet from the HSC Office of Admissions and Records. I flipped out... only to find out it was my Certificate of Public Health (you get it for making A's and B's in your core MPH classes). Wow, that was so uncool. To be fair, they didn't know and were just doing their job.

But then it got even worse. A week ago I got an email from the Office of Admissions titled "Congratulations on your acceptance!". Once again, I got all kinds of excited. When I opened the email, it was my acceptance to the Health Administration and Policy major for my MPH.

This probably doesn't make you feel any better but story made my day a little brighter. It's definitely an epic one to remember.

Sorry to abandon you folks, but I had to let go. In order to maintain sanity, I had to stop stressing about getting in to OU (cause it wasn't happening), amd move forward at the fantastic (but OOS) med school that accepted me back in December and be darn happy about it.

Fast forward two weeks...here I am, a week deep into med school, MGA Lab kicking my ass, trying to stay alive in Histo, MFM , Patient Care, etc. and Dr. Baker calls me up with a spot. NUTS! Now, I love, love, love this school and the fine state I've moved to, but I am without loved ones and paying private tuition. Upshot: I am moving back to Oklahoma the day after tomorrow, currently trying to find a place to live in OKC, and never failing to appreciate the blessings and absurdity of it all.

Sorry to abandon you folks, but I had to let go. In order to maintain sanity, I had to stop stressing about getting in to OU (cause it wasn't happening), amd move forward at the fantastic (but OOS) med school that accepted me back in December and be darn happy about it.

Fast forward two weeks...here I am, a week deep into med school, MGA Lab kicking my ass, trying to stay alive in Histo, MFM , Patient Care, etc. and Dr. Baker calls me up with a spot. NUTS! Now, I love, love, love this school and the fine state I've moved to, but I am without loved ones and paying private tuition. Upshot: I am moving back to Oklahoma the day after tomorrow, currently trying to find a place to live in OKC, and never failing to appreciate the blessings and absurdity of it all.

CONGRATULATIONS KELLEYFU!!! Now that is an OU acceptance Cinderella story! Good luck w/ the move back, getting settled, etc. and see you in orientation on Wednesday! :)

if you need help finding a decent place, give me a shout. Congrats.

BeKindDr, PM me so we can find each other.

You guys should come on over to the allopathic class thread. We don't bite. Unless it's test block.

Status
Not open for further replies.