DownFracture

7+ Year Member
Sep 14, 2009
Status
Dental Student
For those that interviewed at OU what does your AADSAS status page say?

Up until today mine said "Invited for Interview" and the date.

However, today "All applicants who were selected for interviews." was added under "Status Defined" where previously there was nothing. Hopefully that doesn't mean I'm rejected!

Aug 26, 2010
Status
Dental Student
i dont think oklahoma ever showed up on my AADSAS until today, and now its just the "blank" thing. hope that's a good sign :)

Dec 14, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
Another depression day !

I got Oklahoma show up on my AADSAS, but no blank ~

OP
D

DownFracture

7+ Year Member
Sep 14, 2009
Status
Dental Student
Another depression day !

I got Oklahoma show up on my AADSAS, but no blank ~
Did OU just show up for you today or was it there previously? What does yours say?

OP
D

DownFracture

7+ Year Member
Sep 14, 2009
Status
Dental Student
Are you all in or out of state for OU? Not sure if it matters with regard to the "blanking" phenomenon. I'm OOS.

Dec 14, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
I am OOS and AADSAS just listed me today as an "All applicants who were selected for interviews." and they skipped update me for "invited for interview" status.

It seems like that Oklahoma have made a decision and started to update status for each applicant. While they are updating, whoever got acceptance, they just leave it a blank, so they don't have to change anything when they put "offer made".

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2010
Status
Pre-Dental
I'm In-state and only just bothered to look at my status today after several weeks. I had no idea about the blank correlation with acceptance. Under status defined, mine also says, "All applicants who were selected for interviews." Please tell me my chances aren't shot. I know they already met and made decisions on Nov. 20th, but surely they wouldn't let even a hint of their decision get out until Dec. 1st just for convenience sake. Has there ever been examples of non-blanked applicants getting in at OU? I'm afraid to find out.

OP
D

DownFracture

7+ Year Member
Sep 14, 2009
Status
Dental Student
I'm In-state and only just bothered to look at my status today after several weeks. I had no idea about the blank correlation with acceptance. Under status defined, mine also says, "All applicants who were selected for interviews." Please tell me my chances aren't shot. I know they already met and made decisions on Nov. 20th, but surely they wouldn't let even a hint of their decision get out until Dec. 1st just for convenience sake. Has there ever been examples of non-blanked applicants getting in at OU? I'm afraid to find out.

I've been hard pressed to find anything about OU "blanking" in any previous years...it seems that it is a phenomenon for OU unique to this year. I'm hoping it means nothing because I would really like to get accepted!

Feb 4, 2010
Status
It is unique this year because this is the first time where they are deciding everyone's fate on 20th of Nov. :)

OP
D

DownFracture

7+ Year Member
Sep 14, 2009
Status
Dental Student
It is unique this year because this is the first time where they are deciding everyone's fate on 20th of Nov. :)

What have they done in years past?

Nov 29, 2010
Status
Pre-Dental
I don't know specifically about the AADSAS status updates, but I do know that in the past, OU had two rounds of interviews and decision making meetings. The fall semester they would select for OOS and maybe exceptional IS pre-dent students. The remaining interviewers would have to wait until the last round of IS interviewing was done and another meeting would be held for the final decision. There was no wait-list last year that I know of. This year they are deciding on everyone so I don't know how it works. I want to say that to students at OU, they don't remember OU even showing up on AADSAS until the day of or after. Most probably didn't check AADSAS but waited for their e-mail.

Danny289

10+ Year Member
Dec 2, 2006
Status
Pre-Dental
I am OOS and AADSAS just listed me today as an "All applicants who were selected for interviews." and they skipped update me for "invited for interview" status.

It seems like that Oklahoma have made a decision and started to update status for each applicant. While they are updating, whoever got acceptance, they just leave it a blank, so they don't have to change anything when they put "offer made".
The best guess! because mine is not blank with bad news. LOL

Nov 29, 2010
Status
Pre-Dental
I just heard from a fellow IS predent student who had significantly higher stats than I. His status is all blanks. I'm thinking I'm done for. I'm really sad now.

OP
D

DownFracture

7+ Year Member
Sep 14, 2009
Status
Dental Student
I just heard from a fellow IS predent student who had significantly higher stats than I. His status is all blanks. I'm thinking I'm done for. I'm really sad now.
Not necessarily! From what I've gathered in the other threads, blank usually = acceptance but a lot of people get acceptances that were not blanked....

That's what I'm hoping for! Or at least I'd like to get blanked tomorrow!

Oral

Straight Thuggin'
Dec 28, 2009
Status
Dental Student
Relax everyone. This year was pretty exceptional with the number of applicantions OU received; however if you have the grades, DAT, personality, and EC's then you need not be worried.

In years previous, OU sent notifications via email. OU did not update AADSAS very much for any previous year so I wouldn't expect much of a change. Check your spam filters Dec. 1st. A few people in my class had panic attacks only to find out they got in.

Oh, and try not to call the admin office too often. Those ladies have a lot going on and should not have to field questions from paranoid applicants because they didn't get an email at exactly 12:01am.

PM me with questions

cmirabal25

May 18, 2010
OK
Status
Dental Student
Blanked. OU hasn't shown up on my AADSAS this whole cycle. Only one more day to go! Good luck to everyone!

Nov 29, 2010
Status
Pre-Dental
:xf: I'm really counting on this whole blanking thing at OU to be random. :xf: It was my top choice. I just find it odd that the AADSAS update was Nov. 29th, after their meeting. Why would they put "selected for interview" for some and leave it blank for others when they already know who they want?

Jun 14, 2010
Status
Pre-Dental
Just checked predents for OU, and it shows 2 people wait-listed. Another factor to add to the confusion!!! I want a blank...

OP
D

DownFracture

7+ Year Member
Sep 14, 2009
Status
Dental Student
Just checked predents for OU, and it shows 2 people wait-listed. Another factor to add to the confusion!!! I want a blank...
That is crazy!!!! This is very confusing...

Nov 29, 2010
Status
Pre-Dental
Dear OUCOD,

Your mixed signals throw me off constantly. Yet for some reason I come back looking for another sign. Does this mean you like me or not?

Signed
Aident

JK. Lol

Jun 25, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
I know of 4 (imo) great applicants who have blanks, and two applicants who have a variety of other things (although some of those people may be posting above :D).

Regardless, Good Luck everyone!!! From what I've gathered, this year there will be an extensive waitlist (since they are doing everything by Dec. 1st), so, not immediately getting in isn't exactly a terrible thing.

OP
D

DownFracture

7+ Year Member
Sep 14, 2009
Status
Dental Student
Three have been waitlised at OU according to predents! I wonder how they are finding out? If you've been waitlisted please chime in!

niza0212

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 6, 2008
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Three have been waitlised at OU according to predents! I wonder how they are finding out? If you've been waitlisted please chime in!
It appears I've been waitlisted :(. We're finding out via AADSAS as well--they updated my status on 11/29/10.

In the status column: "Wait Listed"

In the status defined column: "This means you have been selected as part of an alternate group. This indicates you may be selected in the event that a position becomes available."

Not sure why they let us know in advance :confused:

Anyways, good luck to everyone else!

Nov 29, 2010
Status
Pre-Dental
It appears I've been waitlisted :(. We're finding out via AADSAS as well--they updated my status on 11/29/10.

In the status column: "Wait Listed"

In the status defined column: "This means you have been selected as part of an alternate group. This indicates you may be selected in the event that a position becomes available."

Not sure why they let us know in advance :confused:

Anyways, good luck to everyone else!

Hopefully you'll be at the top of the list. Are you IS or OOS? I hear OU goes deep into the alternates.

I'm still an "All applicants who were selected for interviews." I've hit the refresh button all day.

Considering those with blanks, I still wonder if they didn't get to the blanks or if the remaining half of my status is "selected for interviews...but not selected for admission." :scared: I'd rather be wait-listed if that's the case.

Dec 14, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
Nija0212
I don't really understand why you got wait listed with your great stat.

OP
D

DownFracture

7+ Year Member
Sep 14, 2009
Status
Dental Student
Hopefully you'll be at the top of the list. Are you IS or OOS? I hear OU goes deep into the alternates.

I'm still an "All applicants who were selected for interviews." I've hit the refresh button all day.

Considering those with blanks, I still wonder if they didn't get to the blanks or if the remaining half of my status is "selected for interviews...but not selected for admission." :scared: I'd rather be wait-listed if that's the case.
I'm thinking that the blanks might mean something and the ones who received "All applicants who were selected for interviews" might mean something else. Since people have already been notified of waitlisting that only leaves two choices... I hope I get accepted!!!! We shall find out soon!

What time did they say they would start calling?

OP
D

DownFracture

7+ Year Member
Sep 14, 2009
Status
Dental Student
For those who got blanked at OU yesterday, has your status changed on AADSAS yet?

cmirabal25

May 18, 2010
OK
Status
Dental Student
For those who got blanked at OU yesterday, has your status changed on AADSAS yet?
I checked my AASAS at 7:00 am and nothing had changed yet, but I checked again at 7:30 am and the status had changed to "Offer Made." No email yet though.

Nov 29, 2010
Status
Pre-Dental
I checked my AASAS at 7:00 am and nothing had changed yet, but I checked again at 7:30 am and the status had changed to "Offer Made." No email yet though.

Congrats!:thumbup: Now you can finally rest and be at ease. Lol. Unfortunately your good fortune may mean upcoming doom for me. OUCOD seemed my best chance considering I'm IS. At least I'm set up to expect the worst. If any good news comes though, I'll be doubly excited. My status still hasn't changed....:( I suppose they are getting to the sad news later?

duycuonggg

5+ Year Member
Jan 8, 2010
Status
Dental Student
Was anybody not blanked and got accepted into Oklahoma? It was one of my top choices but I still have the Invited for Interview status. Btw, Congrats everyone you got in!

OP
D

DownFracture

7+ Year Member
Sep 14, 2009
Status
Dental Student
For those who got accepted...does your application status page on the OUHSC website indicate that you have been accepted?

Jun 14, 2010
Status
Pre-Dental
Just talked to a friend who goes to OU, and apparently he's already heard of about 15 people who have been accepted...

OP
D

DownFracture

7+ Year Member
Sep 14, 2009
Status
Dental Student
Jun 14, 2010
Status
Pre-Dental
Bad news. Just called OU admissions, and they said that unless you've been extended an offer or waitlist, that means your application has been denied. Not the best news to hear, but at least it clears up any confusion. :(

OP
D

DownFracture

7+ Year Member
Sep 14, 2009
Status
Dental Student
Bad news. Just called OU admissions, and they said that unless you've been extended an offer or waitlist, that means your application has been denied. Not the best news to hear, but at least it clears up any confusion. :(
NO!!!!!!!!!! They were one of my favorites!!!!!!!!

Jun 14, 2010
Status
Pre-Dental
AADSAS just updated me to "Application Denied"... Here's to hoping I get in somewhere else :( OU was my favorite choice too...

OP
D

DownFracture

7+ Year Member
Sep 14, 2009
Status
Dental Student
Mar 1, 2010
Status
Pre-Dental
Mine also says denied but in the status defined space it says " Application was not selected for interview." However, I was selected for an interview....

OP
D

DownFracture

7+ Year Member
Sep 14, 2009
Status
Dental Student
Mine also says denied but in the status defined space it says " Application was not selected for interview." However, I was selected for an interview....
Me too! Maybe it's a fluke:xf:

OP
D

DownFracture

7+ Year Member
Sep 14, 2009
Status
Dental Student
Looks like they changed it. It's official.

Mar 1, 2010
Status
Pre-Dental
Ya I just checked it...it says "Application was not selected for interview OR if applicant was invited for interview, no offer was made." Good luck with the rest of your apps though!