University of Oklahoma Admissions Committee Meeting for Fall 2007

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

deadeyedk

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've searched the forums for this already and I can't find anything...

I've heard that admissions committee meeting for OU is open to the public, which I thought was interesting (maybe it's not really that interesting). Anyway, I was wondering if anyone had actually GONE to the meeting before and what they thought about it. I don't know if the committee would hate it, like it, or not care either way. I'd like to go and see what they say about me... I've heard that people that gone before but I just don't know.

I figure either, (1) I get in and I find out without having to wait for my letter or (2) I don't get in but I get to hear what they say so I know what to change for my next attempt.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I've searched the forums for this already and I can't find anything...

I've heard that admissions committee meeting for OU is open to the public, which I thought was interesting (maybe it's not really that interesting). Anyway, I was wondering if anyone had actually GONE to the meeting before and what they thought about it. I don't know if the committee would hate it, like it, or not care either way. I'd like to go and see what they say about me... I've heard that people that gone before but I just don't know.

I figure either, (1) I get in and I find out without having to wait for my letter or (2) I don't get in but I get to hear what they say so I know what to change for my next attempt.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks.

I'm also highly invested in the Feb. 24th board meeting. I've never heard before that they are open to the public; however, I do know that if one is not accepted, they have a day for reapplicants where one can go to have an individualized session to explore reasons why an acceptance wasn't granted and how to improve for the reapplication.

weird... i just re-subscribed to this thread in anticipation of the Feb. 24 decision, and the above quote was a question i asked during last year's application cycle. i don't think i ever got a response to it.

well, obviously i didn't get in last year, but i'm much more hopeful this year. i did end up speaking to someone on the admissions committee, and they confirmed that it is actually open to the public. however, the person i talked to was not at all a fan of applicants showing up for the meeting. maybe there are some who wouldn't mind or would actually like it, but there's no way i'll take the chance this year.

that being said, i can say i've heard one story (more accurately, a rumor) that someone went to the meeting, ended up having lunch with a board member, and had a positive outcome. i highly doubt the validity and repeatability of this, however.

i went to the re-applicant workshop last year, and it was somewhat helpful. they wouldn't actually read exactly what the interviewers wrote on the file, but they gave some good general tips and spare specifics that i took away. mostly it was "keep taking classes and re-take the mcat." duh.

good luck, hope you get some good news after the 24th.