University of Oklahoma -- all peeps -- part 2

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering I resent my 20 minute commute, I don't think I'm quite up for 1.5 hour commute. :) I'm guessing since the evil empire is doing well financially, the housing market where you live can't be too bad.

Speaking of evil, does anybody know of any good dentists in the NW part of town? I'm in a scheduling preventive health care appointments mode, so I need to get on that one before I forget.

Members don't see this ad.

OU -CREW.....

I just wanted to say thanks to you all for your encouragement the last few months. While I am aware that there is still some anticipated wait-list movement I will be be heading to LMU-DCOM in Tennessee for school. It just takes a lot of time to get everything lined out with my family and all, but you all have been great!

Thanks again and if you can, put in a plug for Soonerfan to get off the waitlist. :thumbup:

Best of Luck to everyone.

T

Members don't see this ad :)
OU -CREW.....

I just wanted to say thanks to you all for your encouragement the last few months. While I am aware that there is still some anticipated wait-list movement I will be be heading to LMU-DCOM in Tennessee for school. It just takes a lot of time to get everything lined out with my family and all, but you all have been great!

Thanks again and if you can, put in a plug for Soonerfan to get off the waitlist. :thumbup:

T

Good luck to you as well. :luck:

OU -CREW.....

T

I'm sorry we're losing you, but I definitely understand being tired of the waitlist uncertainty... I'm glad you can finally relax and plan for next year. Good luck in Tennessee!! :luck:

Did you see what they took off AD's lapel right before he walked out, it wasn't a VT pin, I just couldn't see it, and am too cheap for DVR...

gold nike pin. speaking of, did you see the man's watch? :eek:

oh, get a dvr. it's 10 bucks more a month, i believe. make sure it's an hd-dvr, though.:thumbup:

Considering I resent my 20 minute commute, I don't think I'm quite up for 1.5 hour commute. :) I'm guessing since the evil empire is doing well financially, the housing market where you live can't be too bad.

Speaking of evil, does anybody know of any good dentists in the NW part of town? I'm in a scheduling preventive health care appointments mode, so I need to get on that one before I forget.

I'd be happy to check your oral cavity Bagel-Babe ;)

I thought I had a great dentist...then he turned out to be a corksucker.

Which "evil empire" are you talking about? At first I assumed you meant OUHSC haha...but then I thought...nah...they don't affect house prices...or do they? (insert dramatic movie music) :scared:

gold nike pin. speaking of, did you see the man's watch? :eek:

oh, get a dvr. it's 10 bucks more a month, i believe. make sure it's an hd-dvr, though.:thumbup:

It would be the perfect excuse to watch more tv. It seems like it might save time, but it is prolly a lot like my wife buying stuff because it's on sale. I'd watch stuff that normally I just miss and go on living just fine.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, the former CEO of my company is now the VP of the US...I think it was a demotion personally...:rolleyes:

lol yea.

I don't believe any of em anymore...the Republicans and the Democrats are both slaves to the power/money of those who want to rule the globe and kill off 80% of the population...and make servants or submissive drones of the remaining millions...content with the mindless blah on TV.

But I heard that on Mr Rodger's Neighborhood...and he'd never lie to me. :thumbup:

It would be the perfect excuse to watch more tv. It seems like it might save time, but it is prolly a lot like my wife buying stuff because it's on sale. I'd watch stuff that normally I just miss and go on living just fine.

fair enough. i just like sports too much, and having instant instant replay is amazing.

OU -CREW.....

T

Dear Tiagao,
I wish you the very best in your pursuits. It was an absolute pleasure meeting you. Having someone in the same boat through this grueling process has made it a little easier. PM me later on to let me know how everything is going. I know you will be a great asset, no matter what you do. Thanks for the plug and take care of the those kids!!!!

Absolutely Grateful for Your Friendship,
Soonerfan77

ps you better keep in touch T!!!

:cool:

OU -CREW.....

T

Well, congrats on your acceptance! Be sure to enjoy Tennessee -- I know it's beautiful, and they'll be lots of great things for you to do there.

Enjoy your summer. Please don't study anatomy or biochem or anything horrid like that. I hope you have a peaceful move -- believe me, that's worse than med school. And, when you have the time, please feel free to come back and visit us. We won't mind a DCOMer hanging out with us. :)

Thanks guys and gals. I will definitely be scoping the OU threads. :thumbup: Can't get too far from home, but a change of scenery for a while will be an adventure.

Jordan won. :thumbup:

Thank goodness...I forgot to vote in the runoff:laugh:

I was actually surprised by that one. I wonder if people are operating in a straight anti anyone who's already on student council voting protocol.

This GI physio stuff is so boring. Yeah, I'm behind.

Yea... I didn't even study yesterday...just made some flashcards for my mac.
I'm so sick of action potentials.

I just want to say a couple of things. I’m sorry if the timing of our apology undercut its credibility. I’m sorry if my candidacy for class president made you question the motivation behind it. I am very sorry that due to how negatively the whole test ID fiasco impacted you personally, anything I do or say will fall on deaf ears for some of you. If I could take it back I would, but I can only say that I am truly sorry that you were so inappropriately judged and accused. If there is anything else you would like to know about the whole ordeal or get off your chest just shoot me a note, give me a call or meet me between class.

I’m not in the habit of checking posts on SDN but a friend told me my name popped up and I might want to check it out. Contrary to what you may believe, the names of everyone that was questioned was kept strictly confidential. With the exception of Non-Trad, only a handful of class officers knew who we interviewed. Now if you chose to tell someone, or post something on Facebook that was your prerogative. So I take issue with the fact that my name is being posted on a public message board being referred to as “gutless” and without “b*lls”. So, JohnnyOU, you can go f*ck yourself. If you need any help figuring out what that means just shoot me a note, give me a call or meet me between class.

The last thing I want to say is if you aren’t happy about student government come to a meeting. Run for office. Participate. Nothing is going to change if you aren’t a part of the process.

John Weber

I just want to say a couple of things. I’m sorry if the timing of our apology undercut its credibility. I’m sorry if my candidacy for class president made you question the motivation behind it. I am very sorry that due to how negatively the whole test ID fiasco impacted you personally, anything I do or say will fall on deaf ears for some of you. If I could take it back I would, but I can only say that I am truly sorry that you were so inappropriately judged and accused. If there is anything else you would like to know about the whole ordeal or get off your chest just shoot me a note, give me a call or meet me between class.

I’m not in the habit of checking posts on SDN but a friend told me my name popped up and I might want to check it out. Contrary to what you may believe, the names of everyone that was questioned was kept strictly confidential. With the exception of Non-Trad, only a handful of class officers knew who we interviewed. Now if you chose to tell someone, or post something on Facebook that was your prerogative. So I take issue with the fact that my name is being posted on a public message board being referred to as “gutless” and without “b*lls”. So, JohnnyOU, you can go f*ck yourself. If you need any help figuring out what that means just shoot me a note, give me a call or meet me between class.

The last thing I want to say is if you aren’t happy about student government come to a meeting. Run for office. Participate. Nothing is going to change if you aren’t a part of the process.

John Weber
awww...that was sweet :laugh:

Nothing like a guy who takes his loss in stride :)

I just want to take this opportunity to quickly request that no one delete their SDN account or stop posting because of this intrusion... this thread really hasn't been the same since a certain person felt the need to leave, and though I understand that he felt he had to, I really hope that no one else follows in his footsteps because of this one incident. Hopefully, he said what he needed to say, and we can move on to more constructive discussion.

For example, step 1 bites. :mad:

I just want to take this opportunity to quickly request that no one delete their SDN account or stop posting because of this intrusion... this thread really hasn't been the same since a certain person felt the need to leave, and though I understand that he felt he had to, I really hope that no one else follows in his footsteps because of this one incident. Hopefully, he said what he needed to say, and we can move on to more constructive discussion.

For example, step 1 bites. :mad:

Ditto! I miss the Wizard. :(

Editing to add a message for John -- I chose to not treat being interviewed as a shameful indication that I had done something wrong, which is why I felt it was imperative to talk about it. If we have a student government that goes around accusing people of doing stuff (and yes, the email I received from Logan was accusatory), students should know about it. Maybe our talking did some good. I think the election results show some true frustration with how student government was handled this past year.

Editing to add a message for John -- I chose to not treat being interviewed as a shameful indication that I had done something wrong, which is why I felt it was imperative to talk about it. If we have a student government that goes around accusing people of doing stuff (and yes, the email I received from Logan was accusatory), students should know about it. Maybe our talking did some good. I think the election results show some true frustration with how student government was handled this past year.

WIZARD COME BACK !!! lol

You're right Bagel Babe...
I think the only ones that stayed on that council are the ones who ran by themselves... HA HA :thumbup:

So do we start the disorientation process immediately upon beginning orientation, or is that later on? Party every night until we have to start school?

:D :hardy:

Sounds bueno to me! Just think, future 2011'ers... one year and two weeks from now, we will be finishing our first year of med school :) . Happiness.

Maybe I'm reaching, but is Guo's syllabus, or at least the color digital version, not bolded in that beat you over the head Blair-like manner, akin to say, Pamela Anderson, but more in a subtle, looks ok without makeup but you still want to pay attention Sandra Bullock sort of way?

"Disorientation" is the night before the official school sanctioned bidness...although, technically, I'm still disoriented...

Maybe I'm reaching, but is Guo's syllabus, or at least the color digital version, not bolded in that beat you over the head Blair-like manner, akin to say, Pamela Anderson, but more in a subtle, looks ok without makeup but you still want to pay attention Sandra Bullock sort of way?

"Disorientation" is the night before the official school sanctioned bidness...although, technically, I'm still disoriented...

And you have to be at school at 8 am the next day, so you can't get too disoriented.

I haven't looked at Guo's syllabus, but I have noticed that he uses very small font. :scared:

What was the question again? :laugh:

And you have to be at school at 8 am the next day, so you can't get too disoriented.

I haven't looked at Guo's syllabus, but I have noticed that he uses very small font. :scared:

It might be small but it's all familiar; in fact if Bidichandani's, Baker's, and Tomasek's respective syllabi got together and ****ed themselves in close proximity, Guo's syllabus would be the illegitimate bastard child.

It might be small but it's all familiar; in fact if Bidichandani's, Baker's, and Tomasek's respective syllabi got together and ****ed themselves in close proximity, Guo's syllabus would be the illegitimate bastard child.

More good news for those who didn't already know;
Dr. BGVM just emailed me and confirmed she won't be testing us on drugs at all from any of her lectures. I heard her in the lecture say that once, but she has drugs in her syllabus (so to speak).

Hopefully it's not another one of those "you dont need to know this" and then it's on the exam :rolleyes:

Doctor Bagel-

I certainly didn't mean to imply that things shouldn't be talked about. Frank and open discussion is always the best way to go. I just think its ironic that JohnnyOU would publicly disparage my name while we made every effort to keep his name private. My only concern is that if you have an issue you take it up in a more appropriate environment or at least in a more professional manner, not under the cover of anonymity, where only a minority of your classmates will ever see it, and where you're guaranteed almost every prospective student will see it. Outside of how this debacle was handled I think the student government did a great job, but if you don't like how things are going next year, call Jordan and get on the agenda, come to a meeting, or post your opinion in a professional manner
on the discussion board where the most people are going to see it.

I'm sorry if my apology didn't seem sincere, it was. I just don't have any patience for comments like JohnyOU's.

Hmmm that'll be a challenge. I will be arriving from DC to Dallas at 6pm. Hopefully I make it back in time or I will be saddened! I can't miss the first party of the year...

Hmmm that'll be a challenge. I will be arriving from DC to Dallas at 6pm. Hopefully I make it back in time or I will be saddened! I can't miss the first party of the year...

While you definitely should try to make it out for disorientation, I don't want to get everyone's hopes up-- disorientation is not a party. It takes place in the lecture hall, so there's no alcohol allowed, and it's really more of the student's take on orientation from the newly-minted MS2 perspective vs. the administrators (which will be one of the most boring 8 hour periods of your life that you'll never get back). It will be fun, don't get me wrong (if the rising MS2's do it right, that is ;) ), but it's not a "party". Certainly, students will probably get together at bars afterwards, but the actual event of disorientation can't involve drinking.

Never fear; I'm sure the 2010 social (what's your furniture?) will be organizing plenty of fun parties early on in the school year. Think of us, guys. You know, when you're drinking, and having a great time. We'll be on call. Tied to our pagers. Never having fun again. So just think about us, k?

Doctor Bagel-

I certainly didn't mean to imply that things shouldn't be talked about. Frank and open discussion is always the best way to go. I just think its ironic that JohnnyOU would publicly disparage my name while we made every effort to keep his name private. My only concern is that if you have an issue you take it up in a more appropriate environment or at least in a more professional manner, not under the cover of anonymity, where only a minority of your classmates will ever see it, and where you're guaranteed almost every prospective student will see it. Outside of how this debacle was handled I think the student government did a great job, but if you don't like how things are going next year, call Jordan and get on the agenda, come to a meeting, or post your opinion in a professional manner

I'm sorry if my apology didn't seem sincere, it was. I just don't have any patience for comments like JohnyOU's.

You can't run for a public office and then complain that people are talking about you publicly. Or are people only supposed to say nice things about you? :laugh:

It's ironic that you speak of professionalism after the way you people acted. Spreading lies and rumors, threatening other students with academic discipline for stuff we didn't do... and all this without an ounce of evidence.
The "file" you accused me (and numerous others) of making and spreading didn't even exist. So don't pretend you or dsouza acted professional.

And then you guys blamed the administration for the big mess you made. They may have asked you to look into it...they didn't tell you to act like a bunch of d*ckheads and threaten students.

The subject was dropped for the most part long ago, until Patrick came on here trying to get us to vote for you after he'd disappeared for so long. And you ARE gutless imo if what Patrick said is true. He stated that for some time you'd known what you did was wrong and wanted to apologize to us and make ammends. If that's true why didn't you? Either you didn't have what it takes to try and make things right, OR Patrick was lying and you didn't give a **** about apologizing.

You saw me face to face YESTERDAY and didn't say a word...and you've seen me a hundred other times...never a word. And I expect you've also seen all the other people you tried to jerk around and probably never walked up to them and apologized. People respect those who admit when they're wrong and try to make it right. People don't respect when they don't have the b*lls or desire to admit they f*cked up.

And remember weber, you f*cked with us, it wasn't the other way around, so don't whine now because people see you for what you are.

Everything I said was true, and everything you and dsouza said was lies or gossip. That's part of the reason you BOTH got rejected this round. We want people we can trust...that clearly isn't you. It's like someone else said, that student council was a joke and played no role in the real world or our lives or education. We don't care what you do as long as you stay out of our way.

So you and I aren't gonna be best buds huh? lol Gosh...I'm sure we're both gonna be ok anyway...you stay on your side of the playground and I'll stay on mine.

Nice name btw...it's always nice to have a fan ;)

:beat:

I'm gonna go take a nap...we can hug some more later if you want.:rolleyes:

Anyone know if that "Neuro:focus on disease" this Thursday is required...any points involved? I didn't think it was but a guy from my mod called and asked me about it...got me to wondering :scared:

BTW...that PCM Thursday is NOT required unless you get an email from your small group leader (ie...Dr. Riley) telling you to attend. I haven't gotten one...so...sweet! :D

While you definitely should try to make it out for disorientation, I don't want to get everyone's hopes up-- disorientation is not a party. It takes place in the lecture hall, so there's no alcohol allowed, and it's really more of the student's take on orientation from the newly-minted MS2 perspective vs. the administrators (which will be one of the most boring 8 hour periods of your life that you'll never get back). It will be fun, don't get me wrong (if the rising MS2's do it right, that is ;) ), but it's not a "party". Certainly, students will probably get together at bars afterwards, but the actual event of disorientation can't involve drinking.

Never fear; I'm sure the 2010 social (what's your furniture?) will be organizing plenty of fun parties early on in the school year. Think of us, guys. You know, when you're drinking, and having a great time. We'll be on call. Tied to our pagers. Never having fun again. So just think about us, k?

If this is supposed to be fun, I wouldn't mind not having any. :thumbup:

Doctor Bagel-

John, the one thing I have to say is that attending meetings would be more meaningful if you folks weren't so in to the secret meetings. Also, I've never seen any announcement about meetings, so I honestly have no clue where to attend. Second, I think Johnny has a point that if you guys felt so bad about how you treated us (and any decent person should feel bad), why not say something about it in person or individually instead of sending it out as some second thought email during election week? Third, Johnny's right, too, that you've got no grounds to play the "professionalism" card here. Is spreading lies about your peers behind their backs professional? You guys did that in your so-called secret meetings about us. Is sending false accusatory emails to your classmates professional? No, but you did it.

Also, where else should we talk about this stuff? Hippocrates? I bet you'd label that as unprofessional, too. In fact, the one time we did have a discussion of student council issues on hippocrates, our class secretary and president let us know that they really didn't like that and that we should just shut our mouths and let the elected folks take care of stuff.

You know, it's useful and all to go, but if it's a really hassle, I'd vote for skipping. You don't really get much of a chance to talk to people, and you're going to hear the same advice lots of times. :) They'll be something at a bar afterwards, which is probably the more fun part.

I just thought I would let all the future 2011'ers know that in the next couple of weeks your mentor from the class of 2010 will be contacting you to help answer more of your questions about life as a med student. It should help to get some new perspectives, but I know you want to know it all right now. Also, our 'unofficial guide' will be available via email this summer, and that can give you lots of tips on how to spend your final days of freedom. Medical school's time requirements can definitely impinge on some of your outside life, but many students still chose to participate in everything because it can be pretty fun. Your night of preorientation is something that I loved last year, and I would have been disappointed if I hadn't met my mod at the same time as everyone.
You should also have access to a blog to ask questions of your future class mates and current students, so that's another resource to check in to.

My only concern is that if you have an issue you take it up in a more appropriate environment or at least in a more professional manner, not under the cover of anonymity, where only a minority of your classmates will ever see it, and where you're guaranteed almost every prospective student will see it.

I'm sure that is your only concern...:rolleyes: More likely you're concerned with how this is going to look on your CV and hope you don't get questioned as to why you were only in office one year when you're interviewing for that derm residency. Better start making up a good reason now...:smuggrin:

I just thought I would let all the future 2011'ers know that in the next couple of weeks your mentor from the class of 2010 will be contacting you to help answer more of your questions about life as a med student. It should help to get some new perspectives, but I know you want to know it all right now. Also, our 'unofficial guide' will be available via email this summer, and that can give you lots of tips on how to spend your final days of freedom. Medical school's time requirements can definitely impinge on some of your outside life, but many students still chose to participate in everything because it can be pretty fun. Your night of preorientation is something that I loved last year, and I would have been disappointed if I hadn't met my mod at the same time as everyone.
You should also have access to a blog to ask questions of your future class mates and current students, so that's another resource to check in to.

:thumbup:

thanks. nice to see something about class of 2011 and not the days of our lives drama. i agree with the person that said they hope no one else runs off. the wizard guy was great in the old threads.

do you know when we get our ouhsc email address? i know ill have a mentor but what did you like about ou/1st year?

Do you get to pick your mentor or are they randomly assigned?

You will technically have your ouhsc email address in June or July, but they are thinking about getting everyone set up with access early this year. There's a lot of OUHSC internet policy to sign before you can have access though...
You can pick your mentor if you know someone, and then everyone else is randomly assigned. I would let your mentor know if you had them in mind because we will be getting everyone matched up before the end of the semester, and I'm not sure how they handled requests last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.