University of Oklahoma c/o 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cinnamoroll12

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just received an email stating some info regarding the application process (ie. PCAT, academic update), including the interview process. They are currently reviewing completed applications. They said they are trying their best to send initial invitations before the holidays, but most likely this will not happen. The interview dates are: February 28 and March 7. So check your emails this week everyone! :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

I got the same e-mail. Hopefully we start hearing about interviews soon!!

FYI- Just got an interview invite today!!! Feb. 28th.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got an interview for the 28th as well!

Good luck to everyone!

I have one for the 28th also! Can't wait!!!! ^_^

I will be interviewing candidates (probably on both dates.) Good luck everyone!!

I also received my invite...Feb. 28th. :)

I wonder if there is a difference between the two interview dates ??

Hi guys, I also got an invite for the 28th, hope to see you all there. I'll be the one sweating bullets, should be easy to spot. :)

Has anyone gotten invited for March 7th interview yet?

see u guys on 2/28! I wonder how the weather is going to be like...

see u guys on 2/28! I wonder how the weather is going to be like...

I heard they have ice storms. A twister touched down near the Oklahoma City area two days ago. Yikes! :scared:

I heard they have ice storms. A twister touched down near the Oklahoma City area two days ago. Yikes! :scared:

We have ice storms *maybe* once a year. And, we have weekly tornado warnings for a two month stretch. Most of the time, it's more like two and three times a week. But, most of the time, there aren't any actual tornadoes that touch down. What happened Tuesday was kind of a freak occurance.

Tornadoes come with the territory. Any where you go you've got a natural disaster to worry about, so just realize that you're going to have to deal with one type or another (hurricanes, volcano, earthquakes, floods, etc.). So long as you're not out chasing down the tornadoes you'll be alright. Just look up if you hear the sirens... make sure you aren't in its path. ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
I received an invite to the March 7th interview...

To pharmacy students and those applying, does anyone have any idea of how many applicants are invited for interviews and how many are accepted at OU?

Good luck to those on their upcoming interviews on the 28th! Please post how it went...

When did you receive your invite?

I got mine on Jan. 30th. Pretty late compared to others, but I was floored I was even offered one. My comp. PCAT was above the requirement, but my math subscore was not! However, my GPA is way above 3.0 so who knows? I am still confused, but very thankful at the same time that they are even considering me.

I'm flying out tomorrow for interview on saturday. any idea on where to stay?

Very nice health science campus. I did not really enjoy the idea of dual campus distance learning. From what information I could gather, the interaction between okc and tulsa campuses was very limited. Just put the MDs on one side and the pharmDs on the other! The interviewers for me were great. I think they were really charmed by the fact that was I was interviewing from California, you know the warm weather and great climate and all. We ran out of time and did not have a chance to finish answering all my questions so they all gave me their email addresses in case i had more questions post interview. Afterwards I ran into someone who was interviewing at another school with me for pharmacy and he was getting ready for the afternoon sessions. He told me he found out yesterday he got in via snail mail so I called home immediately and got Dad to open the mail and lo and behold an acceptance. So all in all a great weekend. And I am currently staying with family so great food to boot.

I had a good time at the interview. Our team leaders said all interviewees have a good shot at getting in, even one said it'd be harder to get denied than accepted at this point. So it sounds like good news.

I heard 150 people were getting interviewed and 125 were getting accepted. great odds

Can anyone verify this ? 150 interviewed? Wow that's not many, I'll bet its more like 200. According to their website, last year they had 196 interview invites and 143 seat invites.

I just interviewed as well. Had the afternoon interview. Things went great. School was very nice and they had their act together (I've been to a few schools where things were SOOOOO disorganized). Phong (sorry , I know I spelled it wrong buddy) was interesting, but he's got nothing on me :p. We'll see if OU will let me keep the fun going :D. Good luck to everyone!!!!

We had a lot of people interviewing during the afternoon. (at least 60 to 70) Since there are 3 other interview sessions, that makes me think there will be more than 150 interviewed, unless we just had an unusually high amount Sat. afternoon.

I heard from my group leaders that there is appro 150 ppl interviewing and they will send out acceptances to 130.

Hopefully that's true! We were told 125 would be accepted, but who knows?!

Did you interview in the AM or PM?

I was there in the morning on saturday. I had a good time, interviewed with Dr Rea (Ray) and had a pleasant time. I hope I get in.

I am not sure how many they interviewed total, but I do know that they are accepting 125, and there are only THREE interview sessions this year.

Yeah I had a good time too. I was relieved to get it over with! Now I'm dying to hear something!

So they are for sure accepting 125 and roughly 140 were interviewed. Great odds!

Those odds do sound good...but I'm not sure where you're getting 140? Did you guys not have very many in the morning?

One of my group leaders said the amount of ppl invited to interview was around 140-150. The morning group had maybe 35-40 ppl in it, not too many.

One of my group leaders said the amount of ppl invited to interview was around 140-150. The morning group had maybe 35-40 ppl in it, not too many.

hmm, haha i was in the morning group on sat., and i got done with my essay early, so i got bored and started counting ppl in the room, since i sat in the back.. there were about 60 ppl

thats prob right, idk i didnt count. well pharmcas had ~160 interviews and ~140 acceptances offered last year. either way its good odds

yea, can't complain about that :D haha... hmm is that ur pic? doesnt seem familiar, lol

Well its good to know that there is only one session left to interview.

Yeah the faculty and students who interviewed me were very friendly. They even gave me their email addresses if I had any additional questions because we ran out of time. A good sign I think. It is just too bad Oklahoma is so far away from home for me (california). Good news for the rest of you I guess. One less spot taken up lol.

Ha no, thats not a pic of me. Kinda of a long/weird story behind that. I'm the regular basic white kid from az

I interviewed Feb 28 PM session. I went in anxious, nervous and sweating. I left happy, relieved and dry. Hopefully that is a good sign. I was very pleased with the process. They made you feel welcomed, which is expected beacuse its OU! Southern Hospitality!

So, does anyone think its kind of wrong that they have you try on the white coats on interview day?? Its like give candy to a baby then taking it away! I mean don't get me wrong I am SO SO SO grateful to have interviewed, but I will be so disappointed if I don't get in. :(

Nah... thw hite coat thing is so you can get it out of the way. Less rushing around, having to get a coat that doesn't fit right, etc. I say it's a hell of a lot better than waiting til the week before to try and get things done.

On the topic of white coats... is it normal that the white coats are short? I always assumed the white coats were just like regular lab coats which typically extend to your knees. Are all "white coats" like this or is it just an OU thing? Just curious.

Nah... thw hite coat thing is so you can get it out of the way. Less rushing around, having to get a coat that doesn't fit right, etc. I say it's a hell of a lot better than waiting til the week before to try and get things done.

On the topic of white coats... is it normal that the white coats are short? I always assumed the white coats were just like regular lab coats which typically extend to your knees. Are all "white coats" like this or is it just an OU thing? Just curious.

Based on my observations, I think the short coats are worn by pharmacy students and the long coats are worn by PharmDs.

Just interviewed. Went okay..I think. People were VERY nice and I felt myself becoming more and more at ease as the process went on. There were only 17 people in the whole room..I was expecting alot more applicants. Its just a waiting game now.

for those who interviewed the first round, should we be expecting our letters this wk?

I read last year's forum for class of 2012. I think the first interview date was Feb. 24 and people started posting that they received their emails around March 14. So that is a little over two weeks....the wait is killing me...

Last edited:
Yeah, waiting is tough. I'm sure they already know, so I wish they would just tell us already!

You think they already know? I am surprised they only interviewed 17 people this past week. I want to know how much the interview is weighted for admissions?? The GPA and PCAT is what is weighted for whether or not you get an interview. After the interview what determines acceptance? Interview only..?

I think they probably have a pretty good idea. They just need time to see where this last group fits in. I'm just really curious why they would need to wait an entire week for only 17 people? Could they not split that in half and do like 8 more in the morning and 9 more in the afternoon on the 28th? It's driving me crazy wondering what meaning behind the whole second interview date was!

As far as what they use to decide at this point, in my opinion it is a mixture of everything....not sure which is the most important. I doubt that it is JUST the interview though.

I'm in! Got an email from Jennifer just now!